Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also regretting the £90 I spent on school shoes for mine 3 weeks ago 😂 fingers crossed they still fit whenever it is they go back!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
On the plus side my grey roots are hideous so I picked up some supermarket hair dye in my one outing for food this week and it’s actually pretty good. Might save the money that I spend on highlights at the salon in future 👌
I trained as a hairdresser and have some supplies in my bathroom cupboard to keep me entertained 😂 day 5 of isolation and I've already bleached a white Cruella DeVille style flash in my dark hair. I'm going to end up bald at the end of this from frying my hair 😂 I'll come out of isolation looking like this

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Oooh, I use Colour Effects (Superdrug £1) and its really good. Makes the grey look like highlights if you go darker. 😊 Lasts ages too.
Man this thread messes with my head more than any other. It goes from scary data (500 dead in a day etc.) and deadly serious conversations, to hair dye recommendations and poultry-carrying blow-up dolls.
My brain and emotions are like 🤪🤯😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I’m not having a go at you (promise) but I’m genuinely baffled at how any hairdresser would think it sensible/reasonable/responsible to remain open after the cafes and restaurants were forcibly closed a few days ago.

Surely it’s completely impossible to cut someone’s hair while maintaining a safe distance (2m?). I‘m crap with measurements but someone said to me that it’s basically the length of a broomstick. I guess owners want/need the income but surely the government have put enough stuff in place for them to close for a temporary period? Maybe not. It just feels to me that if you owned a salon right now you’d shut it down even just for the ethical reasons?

I do have moments of feeling sorry for the people in charge (fleeting moments...don’t worry!) as it feels like there are large numbers of people that have had a common sense bypass or something? Jesus people......now is NOT the time for a bleeping hair cut.
I could be wrong, but don’t most hairdressers rent their “chair“ from the owner so are in fact self employed?
For the self employed, the government have put in place £94 per week and UC which is means tested!
None of this 80% of their income (NOT even means tested) like the employed.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them take their skills “mobile” just so they can survive. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Just
I think there's a certain level of ignorance and arrogance amongst the older generation imo.

For example, my husband rang him mother to let him know we would be self-isolating for 12 weeks and that they should too because of their ages and he was met with replies along the lines of "what a bloody load of shite, me and your dad are just going about as normal." They grew up in a completely different time, when the country was still feeling the effects of the war, they see today and how accessible amenities and essentials are and can't see the danger in the situation because their idea of what it means to be in hardship is, is totally different. Just my opinion 🤷‍♀️
On the other hand we thought we’d have trouble keeping my 81 year old mum indoors as she is a real social animal, but she really has been good as gold and hasn’t been over the door for 8 days now. We set up a newspaper and magazine delivery for her as she isn’t good with technology. I think my 25 year old daughter spelled out the dangers to her as just before this she was a bit “oh we lived through the war etc”. Whatever she said to her it’s worked so we’re mightily relieved. To be honest there are so many flouting this stay inside rule I’d call a lockdown right now and have the police or army arrest the idiots who are just ignoring it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My Mum has just really irritated me!

She was telling me about some newspaper article she had read where it detailed how three 30 year old NHS workers have ended up in ICU from helping the sick. She then followed that up by saying that she had “had a strange dry cough for the past week and a sore throat that comes and goes with a headache”. I know from texting her during the week that she’s been going out to get her hair done and shop for food etc. I asked her why she wasn’t isolating and told her just how selfish that was.

Happy Mother’s Day!

• Sad
  • Wow
I'm paranoid to even order takeaway, you don't know if someone has coughed whilst preparing it 🤷‍♀️ is that being over the top? 😩

Also this picture made me lol
Not at all. I’ve banned takeaways from our house, kids protested but I said do you know if they washed their hands before touching your food, the box etc thr delivery driver too. how many things has he touched and maybe not cleaned himself. They could have coughed on your food. In my opinion it’s not safe. I won’t even buy berries, grapes, salad that’s open because you again don’t know who’s coughed or touched it.

Reactions: 1
I think there's a certain level of ignorance and arrogance amongst the older generation imo.

For example, my husband rang him mother to let him know we would be self-isolating for 12 weeks and that they should too because of their ages and he was met with replies along the lines of "what a bloody load of shite, me and your dad are just going about as normal." They grew up in a completely different time, when the country was still feeling the effects of the war, they see today and how accessible amenities and essentials are and can't see the danger in the situation because their idea of what it means to be in hardship is, is totally different. Just my opinion 🤷‍♀️
But didn’t that generation* grow up before vaccines were available/routine and diseases that are now almost eradicated (at least in this country, like polio) were relatively widespread and deadly?

It wasn’t that long ago where people died all the time of diseases that are now preventable. Maybe because it’s so long ago for them, they’ve forgotten how ruthless these things can be

I do think some of them are happy with the lives they’ve lived and are willing to take the risk, but their choices could harm other people. I’m not personally concerned about the effects of coronavirus on me or the people I’m close to, but I’m still social distancing to protect others who are less fortunate & I think everyone should be practicing this

*referring to the high risk generation in general here, obviously don’t know how old the specific people you're referring to are

nice to see my neighbours adhering to social isolation. 2 lots have just had family turn up including babies and children. Dumb fucks like this are why we’ll be in lockdown 🙄😡🤦🏻‍♀️
People keep saying we're lucky this is now and not November. Although if it was November and bitterly cold breaking up for Christmas early and a few weeks quarantine and it could be over by jan.

Brighton beach does look a lot more empty, but not deserted today. There's people on the palace pier, you'd of thought that would be closed.
Screenshot_2020-03-22-14-07-58-747_com.android.chrome.jpg

But didn’t that generation grow up before vaccines were available/routine and diseases that are now almost eradicated (at least in this country, like polio) were relatively widespread and deadly?

It wasn’t that long ago where people died all the time of diseases that are now preventable. Maybe because it’s so long ago for them, they’ve forgotten how ruthless these things can be

I do think some of them are happy with the lives they’ve lived and are willing to take the risk, but their choices could harm other people. I’m not personally concerned about the effects of coronavirus on me or the people I’m close to, but I’m still social distancing to protect others who are less fortunate & I think everyone should be practicing this
Yes but I suppose for them, it was before all medical advancements so the possibility of the risk of dying whether it be in childbirth, polio and things like syphilis was just accepted as a fact of life 🤷‍♀️

Also. I’m a hairdresser. Please if you can go back to your stylists after this has ended

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes but I suppose for them, it was before all medical advancements so the possibility of the risk of dying whether it be in childbirth, polio and things like syphilis was just accepted as a fact of life 🤷‍♀️
I do see what you mean, but personally I find it amazing how far we’ve come in terms of medical developments within their lifetimes. It’s hard to accept their mindsets but I know there’s no arguing with some people

Reactions: 1
Man this thread messes with my head more than any other. It goes from scary data (500 dead in a day etc.) and deadly serious conversations, to hair dye recommendations and poultry-carrying blow-up dolls.
My brain and emotions are like 🤪🤯😳
Its quite bloody brilliant though isn't it? I cant think of any place I'd rather be when the world has gone to pot. 💗

Reactions: 11
I’m on an allotment group.
Someone has just posted that they broke their self isolation for 15 mins to go and buy some compost at the shop!
When asked if they meant social distancing rather than self isolating, they announced that they’d returned from overseas a couple of days ago.
Nobody else seems concerned.
It beggars belief.
These are the older generation. What is wrong with them?
I’m much younger than them and most think I’m overreacting. What don’t they understand?

View attachment 98658
Apologies for quoting my own post, but someone has said at least compost isn’t rationed - you know things are really bad once they do that!
Another member has agreed with me - interestingly she is younger than me.
What is wrong with the older generation?
Are they not watching the news?
Are they living in a parallel universe to the rest of us?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.