Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #116

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work alongside social care staff and the NHS and the amount of people off work with covid is huge. My office have given us tests as they don't want us in if we test positive. Half my office is also off sick and are feeling pretty unwell.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
There’s a lot of illness round my way, Covid and another flu like virus is doing the rounds. I’m testing negative but feel rubbish .

There’s a lot of illness round my way, Covid and another flu like virus is doing the rounds. I’m testing negative but feel rubbish .
I don't know how true this is but I've read that the LFTs aren't that sensitive with the new variant or for some reason it's only picking it up on like day 3/4 of symptoms. This has actually just happened to a friend of mine. I hope you are feeling better soon either way!

Reactions: 6
Yeah I saw this yesterday
This makes sense, loads of people mention feeling ill but testing negative and then all of a sudden testing positive. It just makes you wonder how high the real figures are. We didn't bother informing the NHS that we were positive but also if people don't have LFT's they don't bother testing

Reactions: 5
This makes sense, loads of people mention feeling ill but testing negative and then all of a sudden testing positive. It just makes you wonder how high the real figures are. We didn't bother informing the NHS that we were positive but also if people don't have LFT's they don't bother testing
I didn't bother reporting either , we've still got free testing till the end of this month the pharmacist gave me about ten boxes a few days ago nobody's really testing anymore she wanted rid of them .

The website says you can't register tests you've paid for so don't think many people will be registering

Reactions: 3
Almost everyone I know with covid at the moment are people who avoided it for so long. I'd be surprised if there are many who haven't had it now.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Really? I don't know many that haven't. Suppose it depends on how much you mix and local infections.
10 people on my immediate team in office, 3 of them have had it. 1 of my 2 sisters. Neither parent, neither in law, none of my close friends or their family. I go to a MH support group once a week. I think 3 have had it from around 10-15 regulars. Not saying that's the norm but clearly plenty of people still haven't.

About 4 off from my work with it last week (not in my office though). I've felt stuffy for the last week and a half, not been able to shake it. I had a cough too a few weeks ago but that's gone now thankfully.

Almost everyone I know with covid at the moment are people who avoided it for so long. I'd be surprised if there are many who haven't had it now.
I’ve been one of those avoided in the past two years but got it in the past week, first a negative test therefore thinking it’s summer cold, then having a positive test a two days after my first symptoms - fever, sharp cough, painful sore throat. After a week I’ve tested again and it’s a very faint line on the T part. Sadly I managed to spread it to my family 😢

Fortunately I’m working from home again, with cases rising and risk of spreading infection no point coming to work for those who can wfh imho…

I’ve been one of those avoided in the past two years but got it in the past week, first a negative test therefore thinking it’s summer cold, then having a positive test a two days after my first symptoms - fever, sharp cough, painful sore throat. After a week I’ve tested again and it’s a very faint line on the T part. Sadly I managed to spread it to my family 😢

Fortunately I’m working from home again, with cases rising and risk of spreading infection no point coming to work for those who can wfh imho…
I'm really sorry :( I hope you are feeling better or feel better asap. I totally agree with you re wfh. My company have forced people back into the office (I'm long term sick from covid complications) and from what I am hearing they are dropping like flies. It makes no sense to me when you can easily wfh.

• Heart
I’m just after number 5 yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️ Feel horrific today
All the shocked faces to this comment. Do these people have a life?🙄 If you get the jab right before exposure then you generally don’t get it. That’s what happened to me. I think most of us feel that we would prefer to take a jab that works for a longer time. Covid itself was never the problem. The problem was the number of people ill with it at one time before passage of the disease was established. The government wasn’t bothered about saving people, they just knew the NHS would literally shut down if they took no measures.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
All the shocked faces to this comment. Do these people have a life?🙄 If you get the jab right before exposure then you generally don’t get it. That’s what happened to me. I think most of us feel that we would prefer to take a jab that works for a longer time. Covid itself was never the problem. The problem was the number of people ill with it at one time before passage of the disease was established. The government wasn’t bothered about saving people, they just knew the NHS would literally shut down if they took no measures.
Do you have a life? What a weird thing to get offended on someone else’s behalf because someone was shocked at their post. Strange.

The jabs don’t work at stopping or preventing the spread of covid, and even less so against new variants.

Everyone will get covid it’s not if it’s when. It’s like other coronaviruses such as the cold and the flu, everyone will experience it at some point in their life. Whether they test or not. Bit pointless testing really - what a stupid waste of resources when you could just get on with it and be sick like we do with every other illness. Seems a bit attention seeking to me, “oo look I’ve got the covid”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.