Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #112

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What if it's not though ? have you seen what the data is based on ! 100 people in England and 15 in Scotland
No the South African Data. And the fact all our countries combined are highly vaccinated. And the data right now with lots of cases but nowhere near the same deaths as last year. It's going to be okay Monga, don't you worry

I reeeeeally hope so, as I would very much like to be allowed to get married in March
I'm going to a wedding in Poland in March so I'm hoping I'll get there. I believe we'll both be okay so I'll send blessings both ways.

Reactions: 10
No the South African Data. And the fact all our countries combined are highly vaccinated. And the data right now with lots of cases but nowhere near the same deaths as last year. It's going to be okay Monga, don't you worry
You obviously haven't seen the SA excess death data released today while smaller not insignificant as they only reached 28k cases before they locked down for summer ,I'll be happy if things are still dropping come January when todays cases will be seen .

You obviously haven't seen the SA excess death data released today while smaller not insignificant as they only reached 28k cases before they locked down for summer ,I'll be happy if things are still dropping come January when todays cases will be seen .
But it is not happening here. They are locking down because there's a massive resistance towards the vaccine, not that it's not available. It's still a mild form there but people just aren't protected whereas we are

Reactions: 6
Talking about testing, isn't it OTT to do a pcr for getting a ping to say you were a close contact isn't a ltf enough? Excuse my ignorance

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Talking about testing, isn't it OTT to do a pcr for getting a ping isn't a ltf enough? Exciting my ignorance
I have never had the trace app, and I don't intend to ever download it lol why people do is beyond me 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 37
But it is not happening here. They are locking down because there's a massive resistance towards the vaccine, not that it's not available. It's still a mild form there but people just aren't protected whereas we are
They're locking down because they're on summer holidays 😂 have you not heard the booster is waning already 10 weeks is all it's good for before it drops.

Reactions: 2
I have never had the trace app, and I don't intend to ever download it lol why people do is beyond me 🤣
I don't use it either, I swear some people are obsessed with PCRs.

They're locking down because they're on summer holidays 😂 have you not heard the booster is waning already 10 weeks is all it's good for before it drops.
is that true about the booster as that doesn't sound very good.

Reactions: 8
No but my point is over in SA they're nowhere near a booster. Over here, we're doing well. Trust me it will make a difference and I'm thinking we won't lock down or any major restrictions. But like I said, the other nations may have jumped the gun

We never used to wear masks or practice social distancing for flu every winter and that killed thousands every year

Reactions: 34
The Pfizer booster is the same dose as the first 2 vaccines so why does it wear off quicker? (Genuine question)

I know for the Moderna booster it’s only half a dose of the original but it’s meant to be more effective.

Is it the variant that means they don’t protect for as long?

Reactions: 5
The Pfizer booster is the same dose as the first 2 vaccines so why does it wear off quicker? (Genuine question)

I know for the Moderna booster it’s only half a dose of the original but it’s meant to be more effective.

Yes it is the variant. It has mutated to the point of evading the vaccine. It also evades immunity from previous infection.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
No but my point is over in SA they're nowhere near a booster. Over here, we're doing well. Trust me it will make a difference and I'm thinking we won't lock down or any major restrictions. But like I said, the other nations may have jumped the gun
SA is not comparable to the UK for many different reasons .I don't know about the rest of the devolved nations but NI have no healthservice or staff so no headroom if things do go wrong ,like I say if we're still in this position next month for me the pandemic will be over .

Reactions: 1

That's the million dollar question ;)

• Haha
But everyone that gets holier than thou about masks these days never thought twice about going to the supermarket with flu or wherever before and killing a granny
I think if people were unwell with the flu they wouldn’t be well enough to get out of bed - let alone go to the supermarket.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Flu didn’t cause a global pandemic like Covid did.
Well it did..... thats how it started 🤣

I think if people were unwell with the flu they wouldn’t be well enough to get out of bed - let alone go to the supermarket.
Flu ruined my Xmas when I was about 8 years old. Couldn't physically open my presents or anything. Was just a sweaty dead mess on the sofa for days. Touch wood I've never had it since lol

Reactions: 13
I had my booster the other day, Moderna rather than Pfizer which is what I had for my actual vaccines. Oh my god I was no good for three days from it!

On another note and I am very much aware is a first world problem when there is a lot more serious stuff going on, I do wish they would just come out and say what will happen after Christmas as my boyfriend very kindly booked me a week in New York for my 30th but I being pessimistic haven’t sorted anything just in case it doesn’t go ahead 🤣

I need to know if I can book a broadway show Boris!

(Lighthearted, I know there’s a lot worse going on, humour is my coping mechanism)

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.