Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #111

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just tested positive on 2 LFTs - had my booster yesterday, but didn’t have any symptoms then so thought it was fine to go and I had a negative test before I went. Booked PCR for first thing tomorrow morning but family Christmas is now ruined. I feel silly as it’s just one day but it was my first time hosting and I was so excited to have everyone round due to not seeing any family last year. All because I have a snotty nose, heartbroken 😔
What's the worst that could happen if you all meet though? You all get a bit of a sniffle? I'd just carry on as planned anyway

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I can’t believe the boosters are failing already by as much as 25% how is that going to be sustainable giving people jabs every couple of months.
Indeed, we can't keep getting jabbed every 2 months. I had my booster about 5 weeks ago so I guess there will be more to come. How does this end?

Reactions: 6
What's the worst that could happen if you all meet though? You all get a bit of a sniffle? I'd just carry on as planned anyway
Exactly. And then when you've spread it to your family and they can then ignore the isolation rules as they only have sniffles and they continue to spread it, you can blame the unvaccinated.

Honestly, no wonder its spreading through the vaccinated like wild fire when you get idiots suggesting you carry on as normal as it's just the sniffles.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why are people testing for sniffles? It’s over testing imo.
i do wonder if this is why all these new variants are being found - because pre covid I’m sure we’ve all had some nasty colds or flu type/respiratory viruses in winter but we never know what they are just told “it’s viral or it’s flu” and you take lemsip and let it’s run it course. Also as with covid these viruses/flu’s can make people seriously unwell - and that’s why the vulnerable have their flu
vaccine.

im not denying covid’s existence or how serious it can be for those vulnerable I’m just questioning if this over testing that is ongoing is how these variants are being found and before covid a lot of people with sniffles would just carry on mixing/not isolating because nobody ever knew what they were!

Reactions: 14
You would think wouldn't you, especially given how cautious people are around the vulnerable but there are no guarantees and it sometimes looks like its down to luck how it effects people. Its a real gamble. I'm on the fence thinking the burden on health care is due to cuts and more cuts over a period of years and its not the publics fault but it doesn't change that they're under monumental pressure.

If the vast majority of the elderly/vulnerable have been given boosters and they typically account for over 70% of hospitalizations what more is there to do?

Other than address the underperforming NHS in terms of staff and capacity.

Imposing ongoing restrictions on the whole population makes absolutely no sense, especially almost 2 years later

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Exactly. And then when you've spread it to your family and they can then ignore the isolation rules as they only have sniffles and they continue to spread it, you can blame the unvaccinated.

Honestly, no wonder its spreading through the vaccinated like wild fire when you get idiots suggesting you carry on as normal as it's just the sniffles.
Stopping testing and isolating is the only feasible way forward now. Everyone that wants to be/can be vaccinated is, Omicron is 70% less severe. What do you suggest that we carry on like this forevermore? Nope.

Reactions: 12
Todays cases don't even take in the reinfections I don't think they're including those till January I wonder what the true figures are test wise

Reactions: 1
If the vast majority of the elderly/vulnerable have been given boosters and they typically account for over 70% of hospitalizations what more is there to do?

Other than address the underperforming NHS in terms of staff and capacity.

Imposing ongoing restrictions on the whole population makes absolutely no sense, especially almost 2 years later
Can we please replace 'underperforming' with 'underfunded' - there are literally no staff to recruit so therefore no chance of increasing capacity

Reactions: 8
Apparently field hospitals run by the military will be set up if there's a massive surge in hospitalisations come January.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.