Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JLXRD

VIP Member
Even this thread is a totally different space to what it was a year ago, even though it’s a lot of the same posters. if you had said here a year ago that you weren’t going to comply you would have been called selfish and told you were basically a cold blooded killer.

Now you’re a square if you’re not having 20 people over for Xmas dinner no matter what Boris says 🤪

Just shows how little the public are on board anymore compared with less than a year ago.

(In Jan 2021, I got scolded on this thread for going to a B&M to get the washing powder I liked, rather than picking it up during my Tesco shop. The utter scandal. 😂)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57

Tinkerbell20

Posted the other day about how anxious I was about catching covid before my c section and received some lovely responses from people reassuring and letting me vent.

in hospital waiting now and just had my covid test and it’s negative thankfully! I assumed it would because all my lft’s have been but I’ve been very anxious over it.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
You know what fucks me off the most about this covid crap is how the media and government have abused the public.

The constant drip feeding and scaremongering has had a huge impact on people and their mental health. The constant circle of being kept in perpetual fear and confusion is abuse... yes... abuse!

It's a headfuck for people with healthy minds, so what it's doing to people who suffer with general anxiety, health anxiety, panic attacks, people who have been victims of gaslighting and lying (me🙋🏼‍♀️), people suffering loneliness, depression, abuse, people with medical problems, people who aren't financially secure ect is bloody awful!

I stand by what I said... turn the bloody news off! Get off tattle! Fuck off the nob that is Jeremy Vine! Delete social media!
Watch films, watch happy TV, go for a walk if you can, ban taking about it to your friends and family and tell them it's a no go area.. while you're there open up to them and tell them that it's affecting you. SPEAK OUT!!

If you can't, then ring the very many helplines that there are there. If your over 50 then contact Age UK or Silverline, if you're under 50 then contact your local church or Google local talking charities...you'd be amazed what help is out there locally and what's been set up!
Then there's the huge charities like MIND, Samaritans ect.

You'll know your triggers and emotions, if you feel anxious after watching the news, then don't watch the news.
Learn breathing techniques, eat healthily, exercise daily and ultimately do what you feel safe doing.
You will see a difference!

Maybe sometimes on here you do see tough talking, or tough love, but its a public forum and it's not for everyone.
Advice will be given and it might not be want you want to hear, but perspective is needed.

68 million people live on this teeny island and just over 11 million people have knowingly had covid - that's 57 million people that in 2 years haven't caught covid and died.
Covid deaths account for 6.8% of all deaths, which a decrease...that's pretty good odds!!

• Heart
Reactions: 38

laynelo_

VIP Member
Feels like having the vaccine was a waste of time, it’s clearly not effective at all. I’m not anti vax - the routine vaccines we get as babies and adolescents WORK because they have been trialed for years but the covid vaccine doesn’t.

I’m double jabbed but as I’ve said before I won’t be getting any boosters. The reality is the whole population is going to get covid at some point and we don’t know how bad we’ll get it - vaccinated or not. Unless you are high risk there is no point in you being scared to live your life as you normally would.

I hate this pushing and urgency of boosters despite us going back into tougher restrictions, it just feels like a scam. I’m fine with masks and social distancing etc and having to do a LFT before an event is no biggie but I just wish they would stop shoving this vaccine propaganda down our throats until an effective and trialed covid vaccine is produced.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

SarahGard83

VIP Member
What will a lockdown actually achieve though? All it's doing is delaying the inevitable. We lockdown, rates go down but then we open up and they shoot back up. It's a vicious cycle. Covid is here now and we just need to get on with it. If we impose restrictions this winter then that'll be it now. It'll become a yearly thing and I'm not ok with that!

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Just putting it out there, maybe playing devils advocate, but what would happen if we just went about our business… no PCRs or LFTs, no isolation… those who were poorly, stayed at home as one usually would and those with minor symptoms went about their business?

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Right, sorted the Tattle Xmas bash peeps

Dress code: Business attire

19:00 Arrive clutching brief case or files, and bring a bottle (preferably wine)

Cheese and biscuits available to nibble

Entertainment speaker booked and dancing walking around the floor to various sound tracks throughout the evening.

Karaoke people using the speaker's mike will be arranged while they recite from words on screen their files to music various sounds.

Right so now we've got that covered, I think we can all enjoy ourselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

ATV2021

VIP Member
This is why I say lock down hard now, so we can get out of it quicker. As opposed to half hearted measures in place for a longer period of time!
But then where does it end? Lockdown isn't the answer. Cases shouldn't mean shit, especially with so many TRIPLE vaccinated against this. Vaccines were the way out remember. Means that 60 million could get covid tomorrow and shouldn't matter.

The NHS is fucked every winter - that's not new

Thousands die every winter (and year) - that's not new

So I fail to see the panic.

Reactions: 34

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
What I don't understand is - those people who want a lock down because of the Big Bad Virus, surely they are already locked down? If the Big Bad Virus is so awful and these people are so genuinely afraid aren't they already locked in at home keeping their world small and virus free? They can just carry on. The rest of us can get on with living our lives. If you want to be locked down, then lock yourself down.

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Some people really want a lockdown don't they? 🙄
Yes people gleefully rubbing their hands at the thought of lockdown is in very poor taste given how many people have said how badly it affects their mental health/that of their children and that people struggle not seeing their families

• Sad
  • Heart

Tublet83

VIP Member
Even this thread is a totally different space to what it was a year ago, even though it’s a lot of the same posters. if you had said here a year ago that you weren’t going to comply you would have been called selfish and told you were basically a cold blooded killer.

Now you’re a square if you’re not having 20 people over for Xmas dinner no matter what Boris says 🤪

Just shows how little the public are on board anymore compared with less than a year ago.

(In Jan 2021, I got scolded on this thread for going to a B&M to get the washing powder I liked, rather than picking it up during my Tesco shop. The utter scandal. 😂)
Hopefully we are out of lockyD-4 by Easter don’t want to be shamed for buying non essential Easter eggs again 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29

jackolantern

VIP Member
Thing is, at one in point let's not forget how many covid killed almost a year ago. We shouldn't loose sight that actually this was a pandemic to fear. But I agree that now we have the knowledge about it, the data and vaccine, we shouldn't be so over the top.
It was never a pandemic for *most* people to fear. If we actually had accurate data on how many people died FROM Covid and not with, alongside fully transparent data on their influential conditions. Even amongst those people, it has killed a very small portion of the population in the scheme of a ‘pandemic’. A pandemic that has a 95+% survival rate in the elderly - and that’s not considering it doesn’t include how many cases went uncounted? Come on.

I know people don’t want to hear that because they think you are saying those who have died don’t matter (no one is or ever has) - but perspective for your average Joe and the way the situation has been handled is so far out of proportion it’s absolute beggars belief.

Yes it kills people you wouldn’t expect it to, but so does every illness. Difference is we aren’t counting them and shutting the world down for it.

McDonalds open - in a global pandemic?

Something to chew on.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
This is what I keep arguing. We need clarification NOW!
I think you need to step away from the news/tele/anything covid related and now.
It's clearly affecting you, and that's not good. Take a walk, look out your window and once you don't listen to the doom and gloom you'd realise that the world is still ok.
Lead your life sensibly, you don't need the government to tell you if you can see a friend - you're an adult and can risk assess that yourself.
Seriously relax, because if covid don't get you then a heart attack will!

• Heart
Reactions: 27