Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are people doing about Mother’s Day?

I said no, my sister in law asked me ‘why? Are you self isloating’

I pasted the governments advice of not meeting with friends and family.

am I over reacting? I’m a teacher so have been exposed to goodness knows what this week (class has been full) and my mum albeit not at risk works with elderly sick people making sure they take their medication.

are you meeting with family but just in small groups or deciding to do the social distance thing? Guessing we’re on here as were all a tad vigilant so you probably feel the same as me, private message me if you want to say how you really feel without any backlash!:D
i am having my parents over for dinner however I work all week with them so if I’m seeing them Monday I don’t see any difference in them coming to my house. I’ve cleaned top to bottom today and only been to the shops and washed my hands throughly each time on return. I made sure to not touch anything unless I wanted it and told my
toddler to touch anything and washed his hands too.

Reactions: 2
I've been terribly poorly since Wednesday evening. Only had a high temperature and sore throat for a day ...not much coughing but the headache is unbearable, very lethargic too. I work in public transport, I've been off since and will be for 14 days . I can't explain the pain & tiredness..not sure if it's Covid19.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Does anyone know the logic behind boarding up the front's of the pub's (In Ireland specifically)
I was watching the news earlier and seen lots of the closed pub's have done this, and I am not sure why, unless they have been told to expect looting?
They’re expecting looting

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I'm just getting over what I assume was a cold, but then I saw on the WHO website that cold symptoms could be corona??? I had loads of snot, cough, awful headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, it started with a horrendous sore throat.
Wish they would just test everyone 😤
It would definitely put peoples mind at ease. I'm sure my son had it but no way to find out and means I'm now off work for another 10 days on ssp when I could be working. I deliver to pharmacies and they're under staffed.

Reactions: 3
I think the majority here are from the U.K. but I like to keep the Ireland/N.I and Scotland stats on the thread 🤣😂

Is it weird I was thinking....
Can you imagine reading back on these threads in 2021/2022/2023
It’s like a live blog from so many different areas of the world, or at least Europe and some of the USA/Canada.

It’s gonna be interesting to see how many threads we have and how they end.

Just two months ago....
View attachment 98281
Funnily enough i was reading an older thread yesterday and never thought we would be in the position we are now

Reactions: 4
It would definitely put peoples mind at ease. I'm sure my son had it but no way to find out and means I'm now off work for another 10 days on ssp when I could be working. I deliver to pharmacies and they're under staffed.
I agree. I know it won’t help straight away but once things have calmed down, whenever that is, it would be nice if we all had access to the antibody test if we wanted to know.

Reactions: 5
My darling daughter has just informed me that she’s made a potion in the bathroom... with all the hand soap 😬😬😬

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Somebody mentioned on the press conference early symptoms include loss of taste and smell.

If that is the case then I think I had it after Christmas. No taste/smell, low grade fever, sore throat and a awful dry cough and fatigue. I really got over it end of Feb.

If they can check with an antibody test I’d like to have it done.

It feels odd. So many had it in the office too.
I was the same lasted nearly 8 weeks

I hope they are not doing away with the plastic bag charge?
Only on home deliveries to make it quicker and more hygienic. I used to deliver and people took the crates to their kitchens to unload as no bags, driver would take in too. Bags stop all of that.

Reactions: 4
What are people doing about Mother’s Day?

I said no, my sister in law asked me ‘why? Are you self isloating’

I pasted the governments advice of not meeting with friends and family.

am I over reacting? I’m a teacher so have been exposed to goodness knows what this week (class has been full) and my mum albeit not at risk works with elderly sick people making sure they take their medication.

are you meeting with family but just in small groups or deciding to do the social distance thing? Guessing we’re on here as were all a tad vigilant so you probably feel the same as me, private message me if you want to say how you really feel without any backlash!:D
I have my mum and dad over tomorrow for dinner, I saw my mum yesterday and I work with my dad so I don’t see an issue. My husband is a front line worker so there is only so much isolation we can do. I’m cleaning the house before they come.

Reactions: 1
Only on home deliveries to make it quicker and more hygienic. I used to deliver and people took the crates to their kitchens to unload as no bags, driver would take in too. Bags stop all of that.
My husband works for Waitrose, they have to now bag everything so I can be left outside. He ordered £8,000 worth of bags last week and they aren’t charging the customers for them.

Mountain rescue telling people to stay home and don't go hillwalking cos they can't guarantee rescue. Islands off the Scottish coastline saying don't visit. Just how many times do people have to be told just stay at home - this is not a bloody holiday! (sorry if I'm ranty, I just can't believe how dense folk can be. Not Tattlers, obvs, Tattlers are amazing :giggle: )

Reactions: 20
Update , my son has woken up from his nap and is coughing pretty bad, he was choking . We had to give him 10 puffs of his inhaler-salbutamol the blue one. He is very flushed looking and skill very tired. I will keep and eye on him. I have text manager to say I will be self isolation for 14 days. I feel guilty as want to be helping but family comes first.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.