Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so weepy today
I don’t have any children so god knows how parents must be thinking
I have my own business and it’s very very worrying
The lady who runs the cake shopshe has lost thousands just in three days as people are cancelling weddings and birthdays
Just stood there weeping

it’s uplifting to hear about the lovely people in the world helping others, terribly sad about the selfish

it only just occurred to me that when I have just taken a Mother’s Day present for my grandma, that I might not ever see her again
She’s 92 and in a home, I couldn’t visit her as they are closed until further notice, had to hand over the present at the door
Must admit even at nearly 47 years of age, cried like a baby

terrible worrying times for everyone
And then the boss of Wetherspoons says he won’t be closing....
Bloods boiling!!

• Sad
Reactions: 32
I’ve just seen a worrying horrible update on Iran, their death rates and cases are sky rocketing - I need a wine urgently

• Sad
Reactions: 5
What does everyone think will actually be announced in this afternoons conference?
I don't get the feeling of lockdown at all, I don't know why.
I personally don't think anything is going to happen until early next week.

So annoyed with people my own age (19-25) who think this is all one big joke and are still going out clubbing etc. Selfish, selfish, selfish. A couple of my friends are going about like nothing is happening and I've voiced to them how selfish they're being. I've told them I'm not worried about myself getting it, I'm worried about the fact I could easily infect my parents, grandparents and everyone else! People's true colours are finally showing now :rolleyes::unsure:
I am 25 and I hate to say it but as a generation we are generally extremely selfish and focussed on our own instant gratification.

Recently becoming diagnosed with an illness has changed my perspective on life and I have had a full reckoning about how arrogant people my age are and what actually matters in life.

My boyfriend is twice my age and honestly the difference in attitudes is crazy between our generations. I enjoy it though. He and I have both agreed that although this situation is awful, it will open a lot of millennial eyes to what is truly difficult in life. The woke warriors who spend all of their time arguing about the different branches of feminism for example, are about to find out what real hardship is. I believe in gender equality before any comes at me but let’s me real about what truly matters - because it isn’t which branch of feminism is better than another one. 😂 Millenials want to care about others when it suits them but the rest of the time, it’s all about “me me me”. This isn’t a time when you can be like that and I think a lot of people our age are really about to find that out the hard way. We all need to respect the rules. I think the army should be on the streets if people don’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I live alone, there's no way on earth I could manage a year! I think if they did try to implement that sadly suicide rates would rapidly increase 💔
And here we all were a while a go tutting and shaking our heads at how our social media is preventing kids from having a normal conversation face to face, yet social media is the very thing that could now save our sanity!

Reactions: 13
What does everyone think will actually be announced in this afternoons conference?
I don't get the feeling of lockdown at all, I don't know why.
I personally don't think anything is going to happen until early next week.
I reckon today will be this, definitely not getting the lockdown feeling which seemed inevitable yesterday

Reactions: 2
I’ve just seen a worrying horrible update on Iran, their death rates and cases are sky rocketing - I need a wine urgently
I was surprised to see BBC news putting in their breaking news ticker "one person dying every 10 seconds in Iran". I don't think transforming the figures in that way is helpful!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Can anyone quickly update me.
Iv been at the shops since half 7!! Its getting ridiculous out there.
Thank you :)

Ive seen quite a few old folks walking about.
I dont blame them for it, im sure the advice is they can go out for exercise. We live in a peaceful area so i think they would be lucky to see 2 people on a half hour stroll around the houses.
It's nice to stop and chat to them, it must be a worrying time for them.

Reactions: 4
I am 25 and I hate to say it but as a generation we are generally extremely selfish and focussed on our own instant gratification.

Recently becoming diagnosed with an illness has changed my perspective on life and I have had a full reckoning about how arrogant people my age are and what actually matters in life.

My boyfriend is twice my age and honestly the difference in attitudes is crazy between our generations. I enjoy it though. He and I have both agreed that although this situation is awful, it will open a lot of millennial eyes to what is truly difficult in life. The woke warriors who spend all of their time arguing about the different branches of feminism for example, are about to find out what real hardship is. I believe in gender equality before any comes at me but let’s me real about what truly matters - because it isn’t which branch of feminism is better than another one. 😂 Millenials want to care about others when it suits them but the rest of the time, it’s all about “me me me”. This isn’t a time when you can be like that and I think a lot of people our age are really about to find that out the hard way. We all need to respect the rules. I think the army should be on the streets if people don’t.
Sorry to hear you've been diagnosed with an illness, that is hard at any age. I totally agree with what you've said, I think a lot of young people will have a very rude awakening one way or another, whether that be because they or someone they love contracts the virus or whether because they lose their job as a result etc. I'm in my early 50s now and I was a teenager in the 80s when the HIV/AIDS crisis happened and I remember taking all the official advice very seriously, in fact the impact of the public education infomercials left me with a lasting mental health problem which took a lot of therapy to get under control. I do fear that many people will be left in the same position once this crisis is over and it will probably affect younger generations most as they don't have the life experience and coping mechanisms that evolve as we experience life.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I was surprised to see BBC news putting in their breaking news ticker "one person dying every 10 seconds in Iran". I don't think transforming the figures in that way is helpful!
That wont be helping peoples anxiety at all but then on the other hand maybe it's what is needed to wake some people up to this situation.

To the poster who talked about feeling ashamed about bulk buying condoms- I saw on amazon's deals of the day they have the thin feel ones by durex down from £19.99 to £10.29.

#AD#funnightin#womenempoweringwomen

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The hotel in the highlands which sacked and dismissed all its workers, (including a guy from spain who couldn't get home and would be living in a tent) has been slated terribly online. But......another hotel along the road has taken everybody in and given them accommodation and jobs! Heroes! :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 38
My 88 year old mother made me laugh last night. (I worry about her as she is in England and I'm in Ireland but she has my daughter nearby and good neighbours).
Anyway she was on the phone last night and indignant about shops opening from 8 - 9am for older people. 'How on earth are we supposed to get up and ready for then?' - I was a bit speechless as every time I stay with her she is up at about bloody 5.30am dressed and ready for the shops. But when she is advised to go then it is completely different.
Also she found some pasta at the back of her cupboard (probably from my last stay) to see what all the fuss was about, tried it - 'disgusting - can't see why anyone would fight over that rubbish'.
It makes me happy that she is cross and irritated. I can cope with that far better than if she is worried.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Lots more itu beds plays a huge part.

Germany has approx 25,000 beds

UK has 4000
Five students in my group of 14 have also been taking german lessons since 3rd year (almost 3 years now) because they want to work there after graduation.

From a 2017 video:
  • Waiting times for operations are shorter in Germany, typically three to four weeks in Germany
  • Germany has three doctors per 1000 population, but the UK has two.
  • Germany has 3 times as many hospital beds compared to the UK.
  • For instance Germany spends 11.1%. Britain 9.8%
  • Germans pay 7% of income for healthcare + employer

I think the update today will focus on the financial help people can be expecting. I dont think lock down is likely to happen at all but closures of restaurants, bars and pubs will. The biggest nightclub operator in the UK has decided to stop trading their entire clubs estate - over 50 +. As someone in this industry I can understand why clubs, pubs, bars etc have HAD to stay open - they have had no choice unil the government announce the packages.

I wish they would just enforce a lock down. I feel like I'm going mad!
I feel bad for not doing anything but know that it's better to stay indoors, if they actually enforced a lockdown it would take away this guilty feeling I have! Feel angry at the people going outside and annoyed I can't join them even though I know I am doing it for the greater good.
Anyone else feel the same?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.