Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ROI expected to update guidance I think NI will fall into line with it,

Reactions: 1
Sad to say if it was more deadly it would be over quicker these mild circulatory viruses can cause havoc for years 😕

I’ve a feeling we’re headed for more restrictions it’s not good when they call a meeting between the devolved governments that’s the second this week.View attachment 925638
And they have been causing havoc for 100s of years but because its not shoved down everyone's throat 24/7....nobody cares about the NHS every winter when the general flus/colds and hospital favourite norovirus wipe their way round. When they stopped shoving covid in everyone's face like a constant cream pie, everyone just carried on enjoying life.

I certainly didn't and still won't be locking myself up every winter due to the flu/colds etc I'm afraid

Reactions: 14
And they have been causing havoc for 100s of years but because its not shoved down everyone's throat 24/7....nobody cares about the NHS every winter when the general flus/colds and hospital favourite norovirus wipe their way round. When they stopped shoving covid in everyone's face like a constant cream pie, everyone just carried on enjoying life.

I certainly didn't and still won't be locking myself up every winter due to the flu/colds etc I'm afraid
Covid is obviously different, though, as it has spread far more rapidly and caused more death and disability than your run of the mill flus and colds. If not, why would all this have happened? Have all the countries decided to get together and all pretend the severity is more than it really is? I give up sometimes lol.

Reactions: 11
Does anyone know of anybody who has previously been hospitalised due to covid and been hospitalised a second time? I can't find anything on this and I would like to know what my chances are of having it severe again. I had covid in march and have had 2 astra jabs since

83D07A96-492B-432C-939B-1C3EAA1AD72F.jpeg

They probably think it’s more than just a bed the NHS does face winter pressure but flu for the majority of staff is not a problem will they let those with covid carry on working? It’s the sheer number infected will bring it to a standstill.

Covid is obviously different, though, as it has spread far more rapidly and caused more death and disability than your run of the mill flus and colds. If not, why would all this have happened? Have all the countries decided to get together and all pretend the severity is more than it really is? I give up sometimes lol.
But you don’t know the real death figures of covid do you? No one will ever know apart from those in power. Remember a COVID death is within 28days of a positive test.

Reactions: 15
Let’s be real, A&E is struggling because no one can get a bleeping GP appointment and after 2 years, people are getting desperate (and rightly so).

Funny how it’s SO dangerous for GPs to work face to face, but they are plenty safe enough to give boosters and see private patients. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 54
But you don’t know the real death figures of covid do you? No one will ever know apart from those in power. Remember a COVID death is within 28days of a positive test.
Yet many scientists and statisticians think the actual figure is 3x higher as so many countries are under reporting/not reporting.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I don't know what he can possibly add. All I want to know is when he plans to get rid of passports. It's expected to be no later than January 26 but you wouldn't put it against them extending it.

Reactions: 2
Yet many scientists and statisticians think the actual figure is 3x higher as so many countries are under reporting/not reporting.
but you technically haven’t died of COVID if you’ve been in a car accident? But they would class it as covid if you tests positive within that 28days of that accident.

Let’s be real, A&E is struggling because no one can get a bleeping GP appointment and after 2 years, people are getting desperate (and rightly so).

Funny how it’s SO dangerous for GPs to work face to face, but they are plenty safe enough to give boosters and see private patients. 🙄
Absolutely correct!👏👏

Reactions: 6

Yes it's been the same in Canada

Before the pandemic the mantra was always don't go to the emergency department see your GP.

Now GPs are conducting phone consults and even then it's hard to get an appointment.

They deal with trivial matters and issue prescriptions

If you're concerned about something that may escalate they tell you to go to emergency.

So no proactive treatment to prevent things actually becoming an emergency.

I had some heart palpitations a while back that went on for a few weeks , I had a phone consult.
I was told it was probably just stress related and if if got serious, was unable to walk or breathe I should call an ambulance.

In this instance I insisted they see me at the clinic to run some tests. Otherwise I would have gone to emergency to get the tests done.

Reactions: 5
I believe there should be an option to opt out of paying national insurance and not using the NHS. If people want to pay private and actually get seen then great we should be allowed to chose. But we shouldn't be forced to pay for a service we arnt getting or dont want (everything online/appoontments unavailable).
I genuinely cant believe how many people are so reluctant to say no to restrictions and push back against all this ridiculousness.
Do I think boris is going to push for another lockdown? Yes. Do I want one? No. But while everyone is just allowing this madness to continue it will never end and I'm sick of hearing the words "due to covid" constantly about everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

One of the doctors at my GP surgery told me on the phone that he is unable to see people for F2F appointments for the time being a few months ago but who administered my flu jab in September? The same doctor who was banging on about safety and if he and the other doctors go off sick it will lead to a crisis of some sort. :rolleyes:

I believe there should be an option to opt out of paying national insurance and not using the NHS. If people want to pay private and actually get seen then great we should be allowed to chose. But we shouldn't be forced to pay for a service we arnt getting or dont want (everything online/appoontments unavailable).
I genuinely cant believe how many people are so reluctant to say no to restrictions and push back against all this ridiculousness.
Do I think boris is going to push for another lockdown? Yes. Do I want one? No. But while everyone is just allowing this madness to continue it will never end and I'm sick of hearing the words "due to covid" constantly about everything.
Because there's an argument that it's not just about looking after yourself, its about society in general. Otherwise why not refuse the unemployed treatment? They're not contributing. What about people who send their kids to private schools - should they pay less tax as they're not accessing the state system, even though they're likely to be very wealthy?

Reactions: 9
They need to stop testing unless you're ill enough to need hospital care ,how many people are off work with no symptoms but a pos test ! The only thing people have is the offer of a vaccine there is nothing else we can't sop the world forever.

Reactions: 20
Does anyone know of anybody who has previously been hospitalised due to covid and been hospitalised a second time? I can't find anything on this and I would like to know what my chances are of having it severe again. I had covid in march and have had 2 astra jabs since
I have a family friend who was, she’s unvaccinated though (not by choice due to an existing condition) 2nd time round she was hospitalised more out of precaution connected with her existing health condition

Yes it's been the same in Canada

Before the pandemic the mantra was always don't go to the emergency department see your GP.

Now GPs are conducting phone consults and even then it's hard to get an appointment.

They deal with trivial matters and issue prescriptions

If you're concerned about something that may escalate they tell you to go to emergency.

So no proactive treatment to prevent things actually becoming an emergency.

I had some heart palpitations a while back that went on for a few weeks , I had a phone consult.
I was told it was probably just stress related and if if got serious, was unable to walk or breathe I should call an ambulance.

In this instance I insisted they see me at the clinic to run some tests. Otherwise I would have gone to emergency to get the tests done.
Exactly this! The NHS should be about prevention and it never has been but now it’s even worse. I’ve chipped a hole in my tooth that’s ripping the tit out of my tongue, haven’t been able to find a dentist taking NHS patients for years but thought - hey this is an emergency (there own website even states it is) and the woman on the phone basically said they will only help when I am bleeding or have an infection.

So wait till I’m at risk of sepsis then? Sounds logical.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I feel I have to stick up for GPs a bit. My husband is one. When the schools went back after the first lockdown, I was asked by three people on the first day if he was "back at work yet". They thought he'd been at home doing nothing for 6 months, when in fact he'd been at work every day, even Bank Holidays after the NHS said it was compulsory. Mainly telephone/video consults but still seeing patients face to face and doing home visits when there was a clinical need. On one of the Bank Holidays he had his car smashed up by a druggie who wanted drugs and wasn't even registered at the surgery. He absolutely hated doing phone consultations - felt like he worked in a call centre. From September last year he asked his boss if he could go to 50/50 phone calls and face to face, which is what he has been doing ever since.

He had Covid last month and was still doing 50 phone/video consultations a day even though he was ill. People with genuine need can't get appointments because a) there's not enough GPs and b) there's such a massive glut of trivial stuff that is either needless or could be dealt with by a pharmacist - either people chasing up delays in hospital appointments, people who say their employer is demanding a note to say they are fit for work after their sick note has run out, grown adults who ring up every time they have a 2 day history of cough or cold, people wanting free paracetamol, or those people who manage to get an appointment every week because they know the receptionist. If being a GP was as wonderful and easy and lucrative as everyone thinks it is, there wouldn't have been a recruitment crisis for the last 20 years.

The only Covid vaccinations he's ever done was when he went to jab the residents of the local care home. He isn't being taken off GP duties to help with the booster. I know the other GP at his practice does this, but only on Sundays when the surgery is closed anyway. I don't know why people seem to think many GPs do private work. Private general practice makes up about 3% of all GP consultations.

My family and I have also had good experiences with our own GPs throughout the pandemic. Always managed to get an appointment on the day if you ring early enough. Usually dealt with over the phone but we've been seen with lumps/stuff that need examining. The last two appointments I've had have both been face to face, and the surgery has been the busiest I've seen it in a long time.

I'm sorry others haven't had the same experience. Maybe it's a CCG thing. But some of them are doing a good job.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Why is there a press conference tonight? Just to tell us all that we have covid passports now?

Or just some good old fashioned scaremongering projections*

*what could maybe possibly worst case scenario happen if we are allowed out to play. Allegedly 😉

Because there's an argument that it's not just about looking after yourself, its about society in general. Otherwise why not refuse the unemployed treatment? They're not contributing. What about people who send their kids to private schools - should they pay less tax as they're not accessing the state system, even though they're likely to be very wealthy?
If your going to try pick apart my views then I wouldn't bother because you wont like them.
Views such as I'd rather my taxes went towards an animal style NHS than contribute towards smackheads methadone 👍 I think people on the dole should also pay for prescriptions. Basic dentistry should be accessible for all not just dole dossers. Benefit claimants shouldn't get supermarket vouchers during half term holidays... many of these you'll probably get upset about but regardless of if you agree or not doesn't make my opinions any less valid than yours 😁

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.