Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For people being stressed out, don't forget to switch off time to time from news/social media and focus on things that can make you feel good. It's not like anything will change much these next days.

At the moment as I am hoping to celebrate christmas with my family and then travel with my husband to see his family in his country I have had drastically reduced my social contacts (anyway I am under the water because of work so it's not like I've much spare time for anything else than sleeping). No idea if we would make it to go abroad as rules change way too often. As we are vaccinated we (for now) don't need to get tested for our travel - but will see to do it anyway - it would suck to developp symptoms later and having to quarantine while abroad and also to diminish the risk of transmission. Will need to do a pcr anyway when coming back home (no those different rules for each country don't make sense). Wish me good luck. We would love to be able to visit the old relatives of my husband - one of them lost their lifelong partner from covid about a year ago - it's not the easiest time for them and has asked us if we could come this year around christmas.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Went for a PCR test yesterday. Feel crappy with cold symptoms but none of the main 3 covid symptoms. Seeing extremely vulnerable family over the next week, and thankfully it’s negative and results back in 21 hours 🥳

Now just need to get over this cold because I don’t want to pass this onto family either!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
they keep saying they don’t know enough about omricon variant as its quite new blah blah yet somehow they know that a 3rd jab works!? Really?

Don’t get me wrong, i’m not anti vax, i’ve had my 2 and trying to book my booster but they aren’t making sense a lot of the time.

Reactions: 25
I’m only really having the booster because I know they’re going to change ‘full vaccinated’ status to having all 3 and I want to go away next month and do normal things still. Deffo not the reason to be vaccinated.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
they keep saying they don’t know enough about omricon variant as its quite new blah blah yet somehow they know that a 3rd jab works!? Really?

Don’t get me wrong, i’m not anti vax, i’ve had my 2 and trying to book my booster but they aren’t making sense a lot of the time.
Their not are they! I know many people who are double jabbed that don’t wish for a third or fourth……

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I know, I feel the same.
I think they're trying to cover all eventualities. Belt and braces.
Like with the number of people potentially going into hospital or ICU, we have hope (from South Africa) to believe it might not be too bad but here they're preparing for the worst case, just in case.

Reactions: 4
I’m only really having the booster because I know they’re going to change ‘full vaccinated’ status to having all 3 and I want to go away next month and do normal things still. Deffo not the reason to be vaccinated.
I understand the dilemma, but I for one am not going down the compliance route. I can live without travel etc.

• Heart
This is where I'm at. Don't want the booster today because of the complications the 2nd jab gave me but I'm a concert goer and don't want to be challenged constantly

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This is where I'm at. Don't want the booster today because of the complications the 2nd jab gave me but I'm a concert goer and don't want to be challenged constantly
You might be able to be exempt. Contact 111- they have a dedicated department. If exempt you get off this crazy train…….

Reactions: 6
It’s such a dilemma. I don’t like the idea of putting another dose I don’t need in my body, but equally I love travel and concerts and events where it would be beneficial rather than constant testing! Hope you don’t have too many complications 🤞🏻

Reactions: 5

I think they're playing safe. They always told us that we would need two jabs, and as the effects wained boosters would be required. I can't remember them telling us how long the second jab would be effective before we needed our booster, but it all seems to be every three to six months.

In the beginning I expected annual jabs, just like the flu jabs. I wish they'd explain more clearly. I also wish they'd stop taking doctors and nurses away from their day jobs to administer them - this simply can't continue.

Do you know Sarah, my second jab wasn't administered correctly and has left me with a frozen shoulder - which apparently is quite common when people inject too high in the muscle. It really put me off my booster, but in the end I just went along and had it done. Even the pharmacist who did it said "We don't want it happening in the other arm too, so let's use the same one as before". 🙄

You could always speak to your GP for advice if you're worried.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Keeping a constant high level of antibodies like that sounds dangerous - I am sure we have our B and T cells working.

They should have done the roll-out in late summer/early autumn to coincide with flu season. I do think governments were bamboozled between a) constant over-done testing, b) believing Big Pharma's lies. They clearly work as intended to reduce symptoms, death, hospitalizations in high-risk people.

Happy Lady, that sounds so awful! Is your shoulder okay? My pharmacist who did my flu shot said some people were injecting the Covid shots improperly here too, accidentally hitting the bloodstream instead of intramuscular. If I have to get a booster to travel I will go to her... she was great, I didn't even feel the flu shot and the Covid shot HURT! (I got JJ) I am young, healthy, and had Covid so I won't get a booster unless some situation forces me. I don't believe I need it at all.

So the new symptoms are "cold like symptoms". That's what I had for delta so....

Is there a possibility that it's just a cold? COURSE NOT. Nothing else exists anymore. And the cold isn't a coronavirus...oh wait

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Travel bans, so hot right now ,and 1000% useless political theatre to ruin people's lives. A+ France! (WHO and CDC and EU CDC and so on have all said travel bans are disproportionate and terrible and should never be used, but who cares, this is post 2020 "Science"!)

Reactions: 9
France has banned the British
:ROFLMAO: because France is currently free of Omicron? What about all their other borders? Comical behaviour. I mean it's been announced that New Zealand has cases now, and they have been fussy about who's allowed in for ever.

Will be a mad scramble down at St Pancras for the Eurostar today and tomorrow then. More people cramming in to every space on those trains. Well done France, big slow clap for you there.

Reactions: 16
:ROFLMAO: because France is currently free of Omicron? What about all their other borders? Comical behaviour. I mean it's been announced that New Zealand has cases now, and they have been fussy about who's allowed in for ever.

Will be a mad scramble down at St Pancras for the Eurostar today and tomorrow then. More people cramming in to every space on those trains. Well done France, big slow clap for you there.
It's to slow it down apparently ! They saw their highest cases on record yesterday .

Has anyone had a reaction to the booster jab?
It made my mum really poorly unfortunately. Her first 2 were AZ and her booster was Moderna. She woke up in the night freezing, still couldn’t get warm after putting 4 layers on. Was sick, had a poorly tummy, then the next day could not get out of bed. Her eyesight went fuzzy for around 6 hours (she couldn’t see properly at all) and had the worst headache. She said it made her feel worse than the covid she had a month prior!

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.