Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The first person has died of Omicron. The media are rubbing their hands in glee at this I bet.

No news on age, health, or even if the person was in hospital with something very serious and just happened to test positive.. not that they'll care on giving important information like that

Attachments

Reactions: 19
Love how Boris tried to show some leadership and make the situation better but in typical Boris fashion has made it much worse.

Reactions: 8
Not all covid tests are sequenced to know if it's omicron or delta. What we need is to have the percentage of both and look at numbers in term of hospitalizations and covid deaths.

There is a bit too much hysteria around that new variant. What matters at the end is how hospitals are doing and are they getting overloaded?

I also don't get also the frenzy around lockdowns. No country has applied one without having a very alarming situation in hospitals. It's understandbly a very unpopular decision and governments will resort to it only as a last solution. Unless the situation changes drastically it won't happen!

Reactions: 2
Considering we only starting sequencing what 10 days ago?
Quick turnaround there mind. Infected to death AND sequenced
Just seems very convenient that we have our first death not long after Boris is telling everyone they must get their booster. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but even I can see there's dodgy goings on

Reactions: 39
Reactions: 14
Just seems very convenient that we have our first death not long after Boris is telling everyone they must get their booster. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but even I can see there's dodgy goings on
And not just ‘our’ first death. The first death globally!

Reactions: 11
The
Has anyone on here not knowingly had covid yet? I've been lucky and managed to avoid thus far
My husband hasnt. Has worked all through in hospitals and isnt vaccinated. Son has never had it either.

You live off grid? That's amazing. I always used to think the idea was better than reality but the older I get, the more it appeals

Reactions: 12
My friend was consistently negative on LFs but had positive PCR. Sadly the tests aren't reliable

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.