Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, I don't see emotional blackmail. The PM simply relayed the reality facing the nation and NHS.
If "get your third (for now) shot of an experimental vaccine that doesn't work properly or we might not be able to see cancer patients" ISN'T emotional blackmail then I don't know what is.

Reactions: 29
Sorry, but cancer patients etc should be more of a priotorty then covid, which is basically the flu.
Can you imagine in 2019 if they had said that cancer treatment would be halted due to flu and respiratory viruses. There would have been outrage

Reactions: 34
Cancer patients are also increasing due to treatment being delayed and not being seen in time for an early diagnosis.

Everyone who works is under pressure from this bullshit now, carers, social workers, teachers, shop workers! I could go on! The pressures this crap is brining to everyone’s mental well-being is more dangerous than this virus.

Reactions: 23
That’s the other problem with boosters for me. It increasingly seems like these boosters are partly being pushed for financial reasons. These companies must be making a ton of money now that demand will increase again

Reactions: 11

Yes. This. In the UK 93% of people now have antibodies I believe. If that's not herd immunity then I don't know what is.

Reactions: 12
Sorry, but cancer patients etc should be more of a priotorty then covid, which is basically the flu.
Didn’t say anything about cancer appointments did I? I’ve just lost someone v close to me to cancer so this stings. I’m well aware thanks.

Reactions: 1
All modelling done so far by SAGE have never come true!
Neither was the modeling from the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, but yet they're taking that study that hasn't been peer reviewed as red when they were miles out before

Reactions: 5
Yes. This. In the UK 93% of people now have antibodies I believe. If that's not herd immunity then I don't know what is.
Yep and apparently our herd immunity only lasts for 3 months at a time now cos now it’s not enough …. Maybe it would be if we could distribute the vaccine out to other countries

Reactions: 3
Quit your deflection. There’s always going to be a variant and there’s always going to be a booster. There comes a point where you have to say enough is enough now and trust in your immune system. What was the point of getting a vaccine if you’re going to need a booster every time a new variant pops us

Reactions: 26
Didn’t say anything about cancer appointments did I? I’ve just lost someone v close to me to cancer so this stings. I’m well aware thanks.
i am just making a point, I am sorry you have recently lost someone close to cancer. I have also lost many people close to me to cancer, which is why I feel so angry at the fact cancer treatments are being postponed.

Reactions: 10
same with my implant in my arm. There was a massive backlog once it all started up again. Mine was due for renewal in october and luckily I got a cancellation so was only 2 weeks over due. Can you get a long term option like that?

Reactions: 3
Russell Brand has some interesting videos on big pharma and them being untrustworthy. It's definitely not mad to think big pharma are not to be trusted. I trust science, but big pharma seems to be a bit murky. I am not knowledgeable enough in it all, but there's so much not to trust and be wary of.

Reactions: 12
Some people are practically wetting their knickers over the thought of another lockdown. They're buzzing at the sheer thought of it. Lunatics!

Reactions: 17
If "get your third (for now) shot of an experimental vaccine that doesn't work properly or we might not be able to see cancer patients" ISN'T emotional blackmail then I don't know what is.
There are none so blind as those who won't see.

Reactions: 7
No one come for me please but I am so 50/50 about getting this booster… I honestly don’t know
No one will do that, you've every right to be unsure what to do, I've had the 2 jabs,thought that would be it, but now there's a booster, then there will be another variant next year, so I'm not being a pin cushion any more.

Reactions: 7
It’s been nearly 2 years and the health system is fooked again this winter, like it is every year. But no one will overhaul instead we have to “protect” this crumbling, inefficient organisation that undermines society from being able to function.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.