Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's immaterial to me what they say about cancelling Christmas - unless Nicola/Boris put the army across the border we will be going to Scotland to spend Christmas with the family. They can duck right off if they try and pull that nonsense again this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
In a purely selfish (and I recognise that it is) rant. I've booked to go abroad in January. Its my first time since this all started and I've worked in healthcare throughout and generally followed every rule. I am desperate for some sunshine and to get away, this winter is already making me so miserable. And the news about bringing in extra testing makes me feel like it isn't long before they ban travel and I can't cope with months and months of work and bad weather with no break.
Add that to the fact that it wouldn't be refundable if I don't give three weeks notice to the hotel and it would cost me a fortune even if I didn't go.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Some government departments are still having parties.. Civil servants don't get a paid for Christmas meal so not all departments are and i don't feel they should prevent them for this reason. I can understand private companies shutting down parties as they foot the bill so are technically responsible.
THANK YOU!!!

I work for the CS and drives me insane how many people say we're still having Christmas parties.

We have never had them paid for, any parties are individuals choosing to pay and go on a night out. 🤷‍♀️

May be different in Whitehall but for 99% of Civil Servants it's just a night out

• Heart
Reactions: 9

This isn't scary or anything.

OG from a lab and this from a lab?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
In a purely selfish (and I recognise that it is) rant. I've booked to go abroad in January. Its my first time since this all started and I've worked in healthcare throughout and generally followed every rule. I am desperate for some sunshine and to get away, this winter is already making me so miserable. And the news about bringing in extra testing makes me feel like it isn't long before they ban travel and I can't cope with months and months of work and bad weather with no break.
Add that to the fact that it wouldn't be refundable if I don't give three weeks notice to the hotel and it would cost me a fortune even if I didn't go.
Empathise with this as I’m due to go abroad on Wednesday, haven’t had a holiday in 3 years and have followed every rule. This has put a total downer on it and I wasn’t allowing myself to get excited about it anyway!

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It sometimes feels like certain people will disagree with anything I say just because I'm the one saying it. :D
Or possibly they just don't agree with your view on something and your responses don't change it. Always best to just agree to disagree and not view it as personal to you ❤

Reactions: 5
According to the WHO there have been no deaths linked to the new variant omicron yet. Hopefully this means it’s not as deadly as they’d speculated it to be in the media.

Reactions: 8
I think it is pretty obvious - and good news. If it were so bad in a massively unvaccinated population we'd be seeing deaths rise already snice it has been around for a least a month maybe longer.

Reactions: 6
Health care workers angry at the unvaccinated because they have to work…

let me introduce you to my little, sorry extremely overweight friend who spouts bullshit about who’s the “problem” while stuffing their face and gaining an extra 3 stone over lockdown.

The term “NHS workers” is really starting to irritate, not all of them, just the ones who think they all deserve medals for “what they’ve done” over the pandemic,
Work, like millions of others,
Personally feel sorry for care home staff over NHS staff.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I have to say I cannot get the idea a government can "cancel" christmas or that it can forbid hugs. It looks crazy from an external point of view.

Is anyone surprised about Pfizer's profits and its behaviour? It always drives me crazy because research is hugely funded by states (that means us) but then they have no shame to racket governments. It's also utterly embarassing to see how people in wealthy countries are pushed to get a booster while so many people in poorer countries haven't been yet vaccinated. I guess Pfizer and co. cannot extortionate as much money from them.

Reactions: 13
I have to say I cannot get the idea a government can "cancel" christmas or that it can forbid hugs. It looks crazy from an external point of view.

Is anyone surprised about Pfizer's profits and its behaviour? It always drives me crazy because research is hugely funded by states (that means us) but then they have no shame to racket governments. It's also utterly embarassing to see how people in wealthy countries are pushed to get a booster while so many people in poorer countries haven't been yet vaccinated. I guess Pfizer and co. cannot extortionate as much money from them.

Precisely what I'd said further up the thread, Big Pharma are making huge money and only focusing on first world countries because of money.

"Pfizer expects to deliver 2.3bn vaccines this year with predicted revenues of $36bn (£26.3bn)."

"A report last month by the People’s Vaccine Alliance, a coalition of organisations including aid charities, said Pfizer and other drug firms have sold the majority of doses to rich countries, leaving low-income countries “out in the cold” . Only 2% of people in low-income countries had been fully vaccinated against coronavirus."

The Ch4 documentary it mentions next Friday will be an interesting watch.

Reactions: 11

This isn't scary or anything.

OG from a lab and this from a lab?
It's a bit technical for me, but it makes sense that scientists could try and manipulate the make up of the virus to become less harmful to those who catch it . Then that could be introduced to hopefully become the dominant variant.

I'm just speculating .

Reactions: 1
Holy crap I hope they are all ok.

I read this article that a dr wrote saying how he made a mistake and gave his GF a full vial thinking it was the one that had been diluted. I can't find it now, but here is another one, reading it it seems its not even uncommon
:(

Thank you, hopefully nothing comes of it. I know my aunt was quite unwell for a few days after so I suppose this could explain it. It was the Moderna jab which none of them had even received before too.

Reactions: 1
According to the WHO there have been no deaths linked to the new variant omicron yet. Hopefully this means it’s not as deadly as they’d speculated it to be in the media.
So no deaths… and only 3 cases in Nigeria… yet Nigeria is on the red list meaning many of the diaspora can’t go home for Christmas now. Good, good.
Bear in mind that there’s like 167 cases in the EU but Europe isn’t on the red list? Really enjoying the demonisation of Africa right now, have got to say I’m surprised it’s taken the western world so long.

Reactions: 14
Does anyone else think that the news about Boris and co's party last Christmas was released now in the hope people will ignore any attempts to cancel Christmas this year.

Lets face it, people did as they were told last year like good little boys and girls, and now we find out our great leader was having parties while many had Christmas alone and separated from loved ones (more fool them).

I think the story was a warning to not let them stop us having the Christmas we want. Because those in power certainly won't let covid or restrictions stop them.

I actually think it's mad that people think the government can tell you who you can hug and who you can have in your own private property. If you wanna do those things then by all means do, but don't just stop seeing your family because the government told you too. They don't have the right.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.