Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish our school head teacher was like that. Ours seems to be being cautious to an extreme degree. Granted a few kids have tested positive recently but still. It’s extreme at this point. So much doom and gloom.
It’s awful isn’t it. Who would of thought in 2021 we’d be begging for our kids to have a normal experience at school doing normal things.

Our school is very relaxed in fairness. No masks inside by teachers or parents, parents allowed inside for drop off, we had our school disco at Halloween. We’ve had coffee mornings for parents and “normal” things. This is the first time for us there has been something restricted and I feel it’s because they don’t want to build the kids up to let them down last minute. A way to protect them from emotional harm.

The letter we got today said there are no teachers or staff off sick with covid and that there have been very very few cases in school throughout the whole pandemic so they hope they won’t be forced to close earlier than planned over the Christmas period

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Our school have sent an email out saying that the Christmas play, parties, trips etc are going ahead as planned with full parental involvement unless the Government says things must change. I am so glad we have a head teacher who carries on and she's what is right for the children. We just had in person parents evening this week, and no-one has to wear a mask on school property.

I am in hospital (non NHS) and they are going ahead with their staff Christmas party.
I wish our school were like this.

Reactions: 2
I've received an update from my kids primary today. They had recently restarted lunches in the hall. That's back to classrooms. The parents evening was online, so is the Xmas shows, no parties and no panto.

There is at least one positive per year group 🙄🙄 and the advice from the local council is test and jab. Also consider the benefits of vaxxing any 12-15yr olds in your household 🖕🖕🖕

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I think I’m somewhat in the middle and my children are in a fairly large primary school of 450 children. There are no masks, and I am able to drop the children off at the door, and in nursery into the cloakroom.

Parties, Christmas lunch and visits are still happening. Public health (not the school) are preventing nativities/carols in person but they are videoing them.

After schools activities are being held, school lunches are in the dinner hall and I can see a teacher face to face for a meeting if I need too.

To be fair to the school they are trying to do as much as they can but it’s very obvious their hands are tied by local public health, and they are even say this is frustrating in communications.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Apparently Germany has locked down the unvaccinated. Someone in my office has proclaimed what a good idea. I despair.
Why are people apart from a not big enough number of rioters allowing this to happen? What's happened to us all?

Making vaccines mandatory is just ludicrous. I'm vaccinated but that's my choice. Whatever happened to freedom?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Why are people apart from a not big enough number of rioters allowing this to happen? What's happened to us all?
Just to be clear on this comment, I do not condone rioting. Peaceful protests are what I want more of. People used to take to the streets for all manner of things. Now they get more outraged on who was voted off the X-Factor. It's crazy!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just to be clear on this comment, I do not condone rioting. Peaceful protests are what I want more of. People used to take to the streets for all manner of things. Now they get more outraged on who was voted off the X-Factor. It's crazy!
X Factor hasn’t been on for years 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
X Factor hasn’t been on for years 😂
I knew someone was going to say that :ROFLMAO: but I feel it highlighted the point I was making well enough. Okay, if not X-Factor how about I'm A Celeb or Strictly? Do people get as outraged at those shows as they did over X-Factor?

Reactions: 3
I have been to 28 protests and rallies (all in London) about covid/vaccines. These protests are happening, the MSM just doesn't want you to know about them. And when they do cover them they say "a few hundred..... " Believe me it is not a few hundred.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I just got done with virtual parents evening and due to technical issues, I only got to speak to one of my kids teachers for one minute before getting automatically cut off because appointments are on a timer. What a joke this whole situation is🙄 Face to face appointments feel much less rushed. I was technically ‘on time’ but because I have a tit phone that wouldn’t play ball I feel like I’ve missed out.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I know it can be anecdotal on forums but I would be interested:

How many posters personally know of:
Actual Covid virus deaths (not other illnesses due to no appointments)
Covid hospital inpatient stays eg ICU
Getting Covid like the flu
Getting Covid but mild/asymptomatic.

Maybe I could poll it if I work it out
One of my friends colleagues died - mid 30s but very overweight. Had been bad with it but not in hospital, basically just didn’t wake up one morning!

Three of my friends had it like a bad flu - 1 pre vaccine, 2 after vaccine but both of them are overweight.

A few of my cousins have had it mild/asymptotic. One asymptomatic cousin started to have long covid symptoms a few months after, another had heart problems a few weeks after and it was found he had had a heart problem from birth.

I don’t know anyone to have had issues from the vaccine either, apart from feeling rough/sore arms.

Can anyone remind me if the rules please? My husband has started with a cough tonight so we’ve booked a pcr for the morning. Can me and the kids carry on as normal until he gets his result or do we need to isolate too? Thanks 😊

Can anyone remind me if the rules please? My husband has started with a cough tonight so we’ve booked a pcr for the morning. Can me and the kids carry on as normal until he gets his result or do we need to isolate too? Thanks 😊
I believe yous carry on as normal for now. If its positive I think it then depends on if you are fully vaccinated or if its this new variant (unlikely Id imagine).

Reactions: 1
Worst thing about COVID is having a bit of a sore throat and now thinking you've got the deadly contagion and may gave to cancel all your plans.

Worst thing about COVID is having a bit of a sore throat and now thinking you've got the deadly contagion and may gave to cancel all your plans.
This was me the other day. Negative PCR thankfully. Just a really horrific cold - have been ill now for like a week-ish. I feel colds usually come and go in a day, two max.

Reactions: 1
This was me the other day. Negative PCR thankfully. Just a really horrific cold - have been ill now for like a week-ish. I feel colds usually come and go in a day, two max.
If I had a pcr test every time I had a bit of a sore throat I would be having one every week! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I keep trying to cancel my flight but the website will not do it, so I suppose I will keep it. Maybe late Jan things will be less insane? I do not know. I am so angry. I miss my family though and I miss London... so I will try to go anyway... It will be such a nightmare getting a test within 24hr back to the USA though.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
If I had a pcr test every time I had a bit of a sore throat I would be having one every week! 😂
Oh I know. Well I do have a very annoying cough, stuffy nose etc too but its obviously just a cold for me. I agree though, any ache or pain at all my mother is like "DID YOU GET TESTED?!"

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.