Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is the turning point. I, like many others in this thread have followed the rules. I’m high risk so have had both jabs and a booster, but with the news coming out that boosters may be every three months. I’m very, very reluctant to have any more. This is getting ridiculous.

And the briefing today, Omicron was referred to as a “public health crisis”. Pardon? We know next to nothing about this variant. This is scaremongering straight from the top.

I don’t disagree with masks coming back in public places. I’d rather them take the precaution in case the variant does turn out to be something serious. But at the same time, there sources are mixed on whether masks are actually effective, and I certainly get why people make the choice to not wear one…

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I suspect the whole Western world will be in lockdown again. All planned out of course.

Reactions: 18
I read threads like this and it seems like people are saying they’re sick of this they’re not having boosters or wearing masks but I’ve been to my local large shopping centre today and almost everyone was in masks I was challenged on entry, in the 2 shops I went in before I left the hostility towards me was awful. A woman on the till actually tutted at me when I paid her with £5 in pound coins.
I feel sick and despairing tonight, I feel like my little boy is never going to have a free and normal childhood.
I went to the same shopping centre last week, 10% in masks, a nice atmosphere and then today it’s like this. I just don’t understand it at all. Feel like I don’t want to leave the house again now, I don’t want to be challenged and have to tell people I’m exempt and relive the reason why just for getting a bloody food shop I feel sick with anxiety hence why I’m writing this at 5am!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Completely insane. Where I live we have a mandate but nobody cares anymore. Masks are frankly worthless and it is a Do Something Anything attitude.

I cancelled my trip to see my family with new travel restrictions the Biden administration is foisting upon us. Destroy the travel industry for good this time as intended I guess? I shall never see them again. Breaks my heart. I loved visiting Britain so much. So many good memories. :-(

I'm confident normality is gone forever. Any kind of normality. There is no point in living any longer. Why, when they have complete control over our lives, our movements, what we do, where we go, how we cannot see one another's faces in many cases?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I too feel sick.
SO many questions.
Where are all these millions of "boosters" being manufactured?

I presume they have a shelf life?
How can we see a doctor to get jabbed but not for anything else?
What about the damage being done to mental health of nations in comparison to the virus deaths ( within 28 days of a positive test).
Why are we trusting governments and pharmaceutical companies when history and past actions tell us we shouldn't.
Why do I feel scared for people?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I too feel sick.
SO many questions.
Where are all these millions of "boosters" being manufactured?

I presume they have a shelf life?
How can we see a doctor to get jabbed but not for anything else?
What about the damage being done to mental health of nations in comparison to the virus deaths ( within 28 days of a positive test).
Why are we trusting governments and pharmaceutical companies when history and past actions tell us we shouldn't.
Why do I feel scared for people?

1. Look on the batch record. Will be manufactured at a CMO for the vaccine manufacturer or in house if they are a larger company. The information is out there (https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/t...turing-sites-biontechpfizers-covid-19-vaccine).
2. Yes. In the first round of vaccinations you could get vaccinated early by going in near the end of the day and they'd have shots they would need to dispose of by the end of the day because the pack was opened. In terms of long term shelf life, definitely.
3. I got a Doctors appointment in October fairly easily for a minor issue but maybe that's just my GP having a good system.
4. Lockdowns suck but luckily we aren't in an official one right now. Counter point is that on a normal day, when does anyone care about others mental health? Not particularly often apart from performative platitudes like "be kind". This is the society we live in.
5. Dunno. This is the story of history and human nature? We consistently elect in governments proven to do evil. The ruling classes are engaged in corruption of a worrying degree but still the Tories are popular. They're not even selling us out to "proven" companies now they're just giving their mates money. It's a disgrace.
6. It is a scary situation.

Reactions: 6
Of course they did.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
The G7 summit was the last straw for me with the government and their lies, these are the leaders who have the real data on the virus, have the real numbers of deaths... Not the media numbers of dying within 28 days of testing positive with covid... And they all stood with their masks on for the photos, then removed them to have a big piss up and a BBQ all close and patting each other on the backs living life, so that was when I decided to do as they do not as they say.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
1. Look on the batch record. Will be manufactured at a CMO for the vaccine manufacturer or in house if they are a larger company. The information is out there (https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/t...turing-sites-biontechpfizers-covid-19-vaccine).
2. Yes. In the first round of vaccinations you could get vaccinated early by going in near the end of the day and they'd have shots they would need to dispose of by the end of the day because the pack was opened. In terms of long term shelf life, definitely.
3. I got a Doctors appointment in October fairly easily for a minor issue but maybe that's just my GP having a good system.
4. Lockdowns suck but luckily we aren't in an official one right now. Counter point is that on a normal day, when does anyone care about others mental health? Not particularly often apart from performative platitudes like "be kind". This is the society we live in.
5. Dunno. This is the story of history and human nature? We consistently elect in governments proven to do evil. The ruling classes are engaged in corruption of a worrying degree but still the Tories are popular. They're not even selling us out to "proven" companies now they're just giving their mates money. It's a disgrace.
6. It is a scary situation.
Thank you for replying.
My question was more about where has the manpower for such huge vaccine production, distribution come from.
No one I know anywhere can see a doctor.
I'm not of the be kind generation and I care deeply about friends, relations, colleagues and strangers mental health decline through this ongoing shitshow and I don't just mean full lockdown situations.

Reactions: 10
Thank you for replying.
My question was more about where has the manpower for such huge vaccine production, distribution come from.
No one I know anywhere can see a doctor.
I'm not of the be kind generation and I care deeply about friends, relations, colleagues and strangers mental health decline through this ongoing shitshow and I don't just mean full lockdown situations.
Clinical manufacturing lines are largely automated especially at the big companies like AZ. They will be buying up glass syringe supplies to source this. In industry things are largely pretty scalable especially if based around existing technologies - filling of glass vials/syringes is the bread + butter of companies like AZ and Pfizer so they will have great capacity for these filling and manufacturing lines. I think the limiting factor ironically probably would be shipping at this point with all the HGV driver shortage,

As said before I'm in the medical industry (not directly related to vaccines) but we are having trouble sourcing syringes and needles for our products because of the supplies going into vaccine production.

Agree the doctor situation in this country is stupid.

I would advise to just do what you want but be safe doing it. If you think you've got the virus be responsible and stay inside when you can and don't see vulnerable friends + family. I feel like my life is back to normal now but tbh I don't have kids so the situation at schools isn't really affecting me, altho sounds tit that they're cancelling everything for those with kids.

We have a mental health crisis anyway even without all of the pandemic tit.

Reactions: 8
My face mask exemption cards have arrived this morning so I can go to the shops without the worry of being hassled. Phew!

fc3.gif
fc1.gif
fc2.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
What I still really don’t understand is if this virus is so bloody contagious, why do I have to scrape what feels like the back of my head or my brain to detect whether I have it?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
What I still really don’t understand is if this virus is so bloody contagious, why do I have to scrape what feels like the back of my head or my brain to detect whether I have it?
Exactly, who cares if it is contagious as hell if it's so mild most people don't know they've even got it and there's no impact of having it.

Cold and flu and numerous other things are contagious as hell on packed trains and in schools and so on but few people die from them so we just get on with life and have a couple of days downtime now and again.

We keep hearing about all these cases of omnishamblescron popping up, but has anybody died from it? anybody in hospital? anybody got more than a bad headache for a day or two? anybody? anywhere in the world? absolute bonkersness from where I'm sitting.

Reactions: 17
Exactly, who cares if it is contagious as hell if it's so mild most people don't know they've even got it and there's no impact of having it.

Cold and flu and numerous other things are contagious as hell on packed trains and in schools and so on but few people die from them so we just get on with life and have a couple of days downtime now and again.

We keep hearing about all these cases of omnishamblescron popping up, but has anybody died from it? anybody in hospital? anybody got more than a bad headache for a day or two? anybody? anywhere in the world? absolute bonkersness from where I'm sitting.
Apparently the hospital cases have spiralled in the place it was discovered.

More supermarkets won’t enforce the 😷
D2EB898D-73A1-4CDD-9DCD-6A9781FAE444.jpeg
94E38C8E-EB86-44C3-ADB8-D1951372F2EC.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
The G7 summit was the last straw for me with the government and their lies, these are the leaders who have the real data on the virus, have the real numbers of deaths... Not the media numbers of dying within 28 days of testing positive with covid... And they all stood with their masks on for the photos, then removed them to have a big piss up and a BBQ all close and patting each other on the backs living life, so that was when I decided to do as they do not as they say.
I'm in Canada

We have some of the strictest rules in the world . We have vaccine passports and a mask mandate .

Yet our Prime Minister Trudeau at COP26 was pictured maskless in crowds with no social distancing in bars and restaurants living it up.

As of yesterday the unvaccinated aren't allowed on trains, planes or boats. They can't travel domestically or internationally.

Effectively non vaccinated Canadians can't leave the country.

There is no option to show a negative test or proof of recovery, No vaccine no travel.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
Maybe because outside of diseases that mark your skin it's quite difficult to know which one it is. Most diseases are detected through examination. No doctor will welcome you in their office and just look at you and tell you that you have a cancer. Or it's like when you have tonsillitis. It's quite easy to determine it's tonsillitis but you will need a test to check if the viral or the bacterial version. In one case no treatment is required, in the other case it might be needed.

Reactions: 3

Awful what's happening to hospitality. Comments made by the likes of Johnson, Javid and Harries has made people panic and cancel bookings for the Christmas period when hospitality more than any other year need a brilliant time.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.