Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
this isn’t an attack on you, but this comment reminded me of something,

All I’m seeing on SM is this type of sass from hospital staff lately, even the cleaners seem to think they’re on par with the brain surgeons and act like everyone else is beneath them,
I’m grateful for everything the doctors and nurses do, but I think this bloody “clap for the NHS” tit gave this sector an overinflated almost bitchy/condescending attitude.
So many sectors put themselves in danger daily to serve the community, why were we not giving credit to the firefighters that actually assist ambulance crew on many many of their call outs, especially if the elderly are involved, While also doing their main job.
The cleaning staff is on par with the brain surgeons.

And it's true - if they can wear masks doing manual labor, why can't we wear them when we go into a shop?

Reactions: 5
With Spain saying only fully vaccinated people are allowed in and other countries putting in restrictions,I am really worried about my grandson losing his job at the airport again. I’m so bloody fed up with it all. I don’t want to be here anymore. This isn’t living , it’s existing.
It will be over eventually. There's lots of charities still offering extra support at this time. This one in London offer email and phone support if you need someone to talk to.

Reactions: 3
There’s a hard lockdown in Austria right now and not many people are complying at all. Which is understandable and annoying at the same time. Annoying because it will drag the lockdown out.
And they got triage there, not even that is managing to scare people to stay at home for a few weeks anymore.

So yea, not sure how effective lockdowns are at this point now. I’m not even anti-lockdown, when it’s needed. But I don’t see the point in closing everything, when people are gonna sneak off and meet people elsewhere.
I guess what they fail to understand is that not complying with lockdown measures just makes it harder for everyone -

The Christmas markets are a big thing in Austria and they had to close - the stall holders were not happy as they had already set up and counted on the income.
The restaurants and bars will stay shut for much longer, the shops and entertainment facilities as well - so it is harder on the economy.

If people were to comply then their would be positive results sooner and they could ease up on the measures.

I guess what they fail to understand is that not complying with lockdown measures just makes it harder for everyone -

The Christmas markets are a big thing in Austria and they had to close - the stall holders were not happy as they had already set up and counted on the income.
The restaurants and bars will stay shut for much longer, the shops and entertainment facilities as well - so it is harder on the economy.

If people were to comply then their would be positive results sooner and they could ease up on the measures.
I completely agree with you. But it seems impossible to make people understand that at this point. No one cares anymore, everyone is tired of it.

Reactions: 4
It’s very easy for people to say just don’t wear a mask - some of us have no choice, I will literally get fired if I don’t. So what am I supposed to do? Lose my job, income and ultimately my home? To stand up to the man? We can’t all fight the big fight without huge consequences. If you are willing to accept those, then absolute kudos to you, but please don’t look down on those who aren’t.
I think wearing a mask because you have to in your workplace is different to wearing a mask to do your weekly shop in Tesco. I don't think anyone expects people to risk their job but the longer people are happy to wear a mask to pick up their tin of beans the longer they will be required to. It is a nonsense. We all know it is. Time is up.

We don't need a mask in hospitality.
We are really lucky that the virus knows the difference between Tesco and The Royal Oak pub. So clever!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I think wearing a mask because you have to in your workplace is different to wearing a mask to do your weekly shop in Tesco. I don't think anyone expects people to risk their job but the longer people are happy to wear a mask to pick up their tin of beans the longer they will be required to. It is a nonsense. We all know it is. Time is up.
I don't think that the mask wearing is required because people are "willing to".
The masks are required to avoid transmissions of a contagious virus.

Why don't you get deliveries if you don't want to wear a mask? This might be a good option

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't think that the mask wearing is required because people are "willing to".
The masks are required to avoid transmissions of a contagious virus.

Why don't you get deliveries if you don't want to wear a mask? This might be a good option
Do behave! I don't know anyone who will comply with wearing a mask in Tesco while knowing they don't have to in the local pub. It is an absolute nonsense, from the top down.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just to echo @jackolantern my previous public sector employer had public health responsibilities and if we were caught breaking any covid restrictions - mask wearing, social distancing etc we would be be disciplined and potentially loose our job.

Tbh I don’t really care about wearing a mask in a shop, but I don’t think my crappy Santa fabric masks do anything useful bar keep my face warm. If we were to it properly we should all be wearing medical grade masks abs told wear them properly.

For some people having their mouth covered is extremely traumatic. For some people their children are deeply distressed seeing their parents face mostly covered deeming them almost unrecognisable and quite scary when surrounded by everyone wearing masks. For some people they have sensory issues and feel incredibly distressed when fabric is touching them around their mouth.

You might not have an issue and that’s good for you, wear one. I won’t be and I’m not sorry about it.
What's more traumatic than a cloth on the face for a short travel journey or few minutes in a shop is if people don't do it, things get worse and instead even more restrictions we don't want have to be brought in.

Reactions: 6
Do behave! I don't know anyone who will comply with wearing a mask in Tesco while knowing they don't have to in the local pub. It is an absolute nonsense, from the top down.
It seems a bit non-sensical, but on the other hand:
Visiting a pub is completely unnecessary - you don't have to go.

Going to a supermarket to get supplies cannot be avoided at times - the elderly or more vulnerable people will need to visit supermarkets if they need something, whereas you most likely won't find them in the pub.
So they will be protected by people wearing masks in the shops.

And I am generally well-behaved, thank you 😊 🙏

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Going to a supermarket to get supplies cannot be avoided at times - the elderly or more vulnerable people will need to visit supermarkets if they need something, whereas you most likely won't find them in the pub.

If it doesn't make sense just rearage it in your head until it does. 🤣

• Sick
  • Haha
I believe they have to wear the medical grade ones in Germany.
He is thinking of his business before public health. He has tweeted lots from Karol Sikora who has wanted to make the NHS private for a lot of years and is on video saying so. He's tweeted a lot of times that cases do not matter (when they go up) but is straight off the mark bringing up when cases go down. Germany cases going up isn't because they wear masks and they don't work, it's because they stayed in lockdown compared to us too long so didn't build up natural immunity during the warmer months when hospitals are under less pressure.

Reactions: 1
He is thinking of his business before public health. He has tweeted lots from Karol Sikora who has wanted to make the NHS private for a lot of years and is on video saying so. He's tweeted a lot of times that cases do not matter (when they go up) but is straight off the mark bringing up when cases go down. Germany cases going up isn't because they wear masks and they don't work, it's because they stayed in lockdown compared to us too long so didn't build up natural immunity during the warmer months when hospitals are under less pressure.
And also because the vaccination rates are a lot lower.
The areas with the highest cases (like Saxony and Bavaria) have the lowest vaccination rates.

• Heart
One of mine was on the brink of exclusion prior to lockdown. He just wasn't coping. He was prescribed ADHD medicine about four weeks before lockdown so the benefits weren't really seen.
He's been refusing medication for a while now and his transition into Secondary is a disaster. It's lovely to speak to someone else who 'gets it'

I dread the transition to secondary. I totally get it. Schools can be brilliant but for some children I just think the system doesn’t work.
I was so relieved at being able to keep him home from the March but then also absolutely gutted at all the referrals for services/diagnoses getting pushed back and completely abandoned. I categorically could not do it again x

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Visiting a pub is completely unnecessary, but it's Xmas and people are going out because they can and for work do's, and why shouldn't they after no being able to last year.

They then go and visit their relatives, and so the circle of covid that has been pummeled into us begins again.

If it's that bad and they know so little then it either has to be all or nothing.
You also don't need to go near anyone in an air conditioned supermarket, but will sit shoulder to shoulder in a baking hot pub.

Make it make sense!

Reactions: 1
But if masks were the wonderful things that people proclaim them to be then Germany wouldn’t be hit like they are, regardless of their extended lockdown.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.