Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I don’t quite understand what I’m supposed to be looking at?
It was cupcake asking about the antiviral treatments and I said I’d seen two were to be approved before the year was out the news channel’s ran that story weeks ago I remember Javid saying they were to be approved very soon
297A3FD2-5BE7-49A3-924C-F61A331C84B8.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Some good news. The first pill designed to treat symptomatic Covid has been approved by the UK medicines regulator.

First pill to treat Covid gets approval in UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59163899
The news about the anti viral was mentioned in the last briefing. It was said that it was going through trials and should be approved next year.

That was what I was referring to in the screenshot Monga has posted in her other comment

Reactions: 3
The news about the anti viral was mentioned in the last briefing. It was said that it was going through trials and should be approved next year.

That was what I was referring to in the screenshot Monga has posted in her other comment
Thanks for clarifying. The article I posted about it being approved is not an old news story as it has only just been approved.

The anti virals mentioned are though .They knew they were going to be approved they spent millions on pre orders Vallance said the vaccines and anti virals is all the armour we need ...Meanwhile the EMA will take their time to study the safety data and watch the UK with interest .

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58764440
The article I posted was regarding the approval of the drug which is new news not old news. The drug trials have been mentioned in the news before but they were not approved.

The article I posted was regarding the approval of the drug which is new news not old news. The drug trials have been mentioned in the news before but they were not approved.
Obviously unless Mystic Meg wrote it but the pic and text are basically the same which is what I stated to begin with.

Reactions: 2
Maybe I should’ve rephrased it to say I think that’s old news it might’ve made better sense then.

The ignore button is a great tool
I agree with them proberbly not on the same people that made it a pain though. it was very clear what was meant. but as always someone has to make it complicated

Reactions: 5
I agree with them proberbly not on the same people that made it a pain though. it was very clear what was meant. but as always someone has to make it complicated
I should’ve made it clearer what I meant not everyone keeps up with the news like I do I have seen Javid discuss them before and who would be first to get them the approval was only a formality https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...s-briefing-antiviral-drugs-covid-b961610.html

8EA670FF-889E-4F8C-92A4-3EFAD9D3D185.jpeg

Are these the people that have the highest vaccine uptake 🤔
8C8BB19E-A8C7-4A11-B122-2C21A3E18750.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
“Riveting” back and forth as ever. I think you were perfectly clear @monga I believe some people deliberately miss the point on this thread!

In other covid news apparently the University of Oxford scientists have uncovered a gene that doubles the risk of lung failure and death from Covid. They estimate the risky version of the gene is present in about 2% of people from African-Caribbean backgrounds and 1.8% of people of East Asian decent.

“Riveting” back and forth as ever. I think you were perfectly clear @monga I believe some people deliberately miss the point on this thread!

In other covid news apparently the University of Oxford scientists have uncovered a gene that doubles the risk of lung failure and death from Covid. They estimate the risky version of the gene is present in about 2% of people from African-Caribbean backgrounds and 1.8% of people of East Asian decent.
Nothing was deliberate on my part.

Do you have a link to this - would be interested to read?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.