Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Taking my son for a PCR tonight. Track and trace contacted us as his best friend has not long tested positive. They've said he doesn't need to isolate but needs a PCR but can still go to school while waiting for the results
This is a good example of what happens when you let the clowns run the circus.

Reactions: 9
Taking my son for a PCR tonight. Track and trace contacted us as his best friend has not long tested positive. They've said he doesn't need to isolate but needs a PCR but can still go to school while waiting for the results
I wouldn't risk it if the results weren't back before the start of the school day (hopefully he will receive a negative result --but surely everyone who has reason to be tested should be considered possitive untill the test shows otherwise). If you send him to school at 9am and receive a possitive result at later tomorrow he will have spent hours mixing with his class mates when he should be at home. T&T may advise this I bet the school don't want him back before the results are known.

Reactions: 3
Children under 18 don’t have to self isolate if contacted by test and trace, they’re just advised to have a PCR asap

He's not going until the results are back. I must find it ludicrous that technically he is allowed

It was the same when you returned off holiday abroad. You could go out and about till you did your day 2 test at home.

Weve got a child coming in next week whose whole household is positive. Nan is dropping and collecting from home to nursery and back again

Reactions: 1
Tested positive on a lateral flow test tonight, PCR booked for tomorrow. I knew it would happen eventually, I work in a supermarket. I'm just guilt-ridden as I've been caring for my Nanny whilst she's had an awful chest infection, and I've a Mum who has not long finished cancer treatment and had a major lung operation. Also feeling guilt as my department at work consists of me and just one other woman so I'm leaving them short Not looking forward to the phone call in the morning to let them know!

Reactions: 9
So people who are young and fit are being pressured to have the vaccine to reduce transmission, but this wtf

Senior medics are now saying it's unneccessary for school kids to keep testing twice weekly kids are being forced to carry the burden of the pandemic .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Very high bed occupancy too
Wasn’t the uptake dropping long before 3rd boosters were even mentioned! I’d be surprised if they reign it in now given the massive staff shortages and hospital burden.

Thankfully 3 negative pcrs back for me and 2 littlies but we all been poorly so must be something else.
Nice and nephew now have hand foot and mouth and poorly.
Eldest on remote learning as massive outbreak her year also managed to persuade gps vaccinate her due to asthma and delayed school vaccine end of next month.

Gps being realy good actually scored a face to face for toddler at the hit clinic round the back of the doctors carpark.

Todays death figures being delayed doesn't sound good.

Cant wait for half term so can hibernate.

Hope everyone's welll latest figures scary high not helped by dodgy lab giving out least 43 inaccurate result.

As for Boris and carrie breaking lockdown rules no surprise there.
Wondering if dom is biding his time come out of the woodwork and matt Hancock dreams saving Africa and working for UN are over.
If someone writes the covid chronicles in the future its going to be very long, weird and corruption for future generations to learn what we we through.
I had no idea Canada was as bonkers as Wales with shutting down non essential.
Or that the Netherlands making mistakes like us too.

Reactions: 5
No ,not unless there’s a post mortem and it’s suspected but not routinely.

Reactions: 2
Negative pcr for son but now he's torn a muscle in his shoulder so still can't go to school. I think I'm doomed to have him at home forever!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.