Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Great news!
I think I will take that as 'duly noted' but with a caveat about 'realistic possibility' that goes into the same place as all the coulds and the mays and probables so although it's always sensible to have a degree of caution I won't be locking myself in the bunker just yet.

Reactions: 4
I think I will take that as 'duly noted' but with a caveat about 'realistic possibility' that goes into the same place as all the coulds and the mays and probables so although it's always sensible to have a degree of caution I won't be locking myself in the bunker just yet.
Especially as they've said it could turn into a mild form for the elderly ( not saying you're old btw ) and vulnerable .Why would we want to lock ourselves away :unsure:

Especially as they've said it could turn into a mild form for the elderly ( not saying you're old btw ) and vulnerable .Why would we want to lock ourselves away :unsure:
I like the idea of it becoming mild for any group where it wasn't before but pessimism means I'll put that as a 'could' as well as its going to depend on how well we manage what one might describe as an attempt at a variant breeding programme of sorts.

I'm not old just yet, but to balance the pessimism I am reasonably confident that by the time I do reach said elderly status we will be on top of the covid thing or at least have it somewhere around the flu level i.e. jabs for those who need them, no lockdowns or border closures etc.

Reactions: 1
I like the idea of it becoming mild for any group where it wasn't before but pessimism means I'll put that as a 'could' as well as its going to depend on how well we manage what one might describe as an attempt at a variant breeding programme of sorts.

I'm not old just yet, but to balance the pessimism I am reasonably confident that by the time I do reach said elderly status we will be on top of the covid thing or at least have it somewhere around the flu level i.e. jabs for those who need them, no lockdowns or border closures etc.
We're nearly there already ...jabs for those that need them,no lockdowns or border closures ,now all we need is for it to get even milder and we've cracked it .🤓

Deaths and cases down this week....we are nearly 2 weeks on from 'freedom day' so should be seeing the effects now! 🤞🤞🤞

Reactions: 6
Do people actually find these stats and articles and reports helpful?
Ive not checked or read anything about covid for weeks now, I’m taking the constant “scientists say/experts say/it’s believed that/could we see/ etc etc etc” bull crap daily online.
looking back on it here, the sky news, BBC, RTE, WHO, SAGE, NPHET, speculation, fear mongering reports.
99.999999% of it means nothing. Probably never came through,
Even the daily figures mean nothing.

I saw yesterday’s cases in Ireland were something like 1500. But.
who cares, I don’t mean who cares 🙈🤣 I mean they’re just numbers, someone could say it’s 3000 or 30 tomorrow and what difference does it make.

even the deaths, 20 people dead, but as sad and tragic as that is were being told half a story. With every death.

it Just feels a bit pointless but I’m wondering if people do get value out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Great news!
SAGE - in the most impolite of terms, duck off.

Do people actually find these stats and articles and reports helpful?
Ive not checked or read anything about covid for weeks now, I’m taking the constant “scientists say/experts say/it’s believed that/could we see/ etc etc etc” bull crap daily online.
looking back on it here, the sky news, BBC, RTE, WHO, SAGE, NPHET, speculation, fear mongering reports.
99.999999% of it means nothing. Probably never came through,
Even the daily figures mean nothing.

I saw yesterday’s cases in Ireland were something like 1500. But.
who cares, I don’t mean who cares 🙈🤣 I mean they’re just numbers, someone could say it’s 3000 or 30 tomorrow and what difference does it make.

even the deaths, 20 people dead, but as sad and tragic as that is were being told half a story. With every death.

it Just feels a bit pointless but I’m wondering if people do get value out of it.
No, I’m sick of seeing any mention of it tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Lovely to see deaths starting to sink, which follows the trend we've seen before of them following a little while after infections start going down. We are in a decent place.

Reactions: 2
No, I’m sick of seeing any mention of it tbh.
it’s why I’m never on this thread anymore, it’s consumed so much of our lives, it’s like the number on a scale dictating what you can eat, but it’s just a number, once you’re healthy and happy and keeping well, and obviously not medically on a dietary plan etc, etc.....
why is a number controlling your thoughts and feelings and actions....

that makes no sense. 😐 I’m derailing 😂

Reactions: 7
Monga I'm not being funny but I'm sure you must spend your entire day searching for the most morbid Corona articles you can find, everytime I see one of your posts I know I am about to be depressed, hahahahahah 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
It's just whats on the MSM I can't find any pos stories can you point me in the right direction 😂...Maybe it's time to close down the rona thread as there's nothing to post that's not antivaxx or jab related in the media .

It's just whats on the MSM I can't find any pos stories can you point me in the right direction 😂...Maybe it's time to close down the rona thread as there's nothing to post that's not antivaxx or jab related in the media .
I don't think such a thing exists tbf and if it does you won't find it there 🤣

• Haha
I don't think such a thing exists tbf and if it does you won't find it there 🤣
No I've searched for pos rona stories and all it's showing me is every vaccination is bringing us closer to normal 😂 …I’ve found one 🙌🏻 Chris Whitty is donating his compo to charity 😂
CE2A2FC4-D637-4E90-99A8-3F1D78D41AB5.jpeg

• Haha
And of course Boris is going to be daddy again ...that's 2 for this thread I already shared a good news story on another thread :)
I don't think the world needs any more Boris' so I'd argue that's another doozy 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.