Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #100

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s says it gone up?View attachment 686253View attachment 686258

It’s only up until July 18th

You do realise that there is other data on the dashboard and that it's easily accessible by clicking on the word data!!! The dashboard actually has data for admissions upto 25/7 and data for patients in hospital upto 28/7

The EU have been disgusting the whole time. Lives are at stake and they have used the opportunity to pour scorn on the UK vaccine for our cheek to leave the EU instead of keeping shut they decided to slow the roll out by putting doubt in the heads of people about the safety of the product.
There has been some really underhand tactics from Pfizer, their studies were apparenty done differently to AstraZeneca so their vaccine appeared more effective than it actually was. AstraZeneca were testing all their cohort of test subjects for covid at regular intervals so their data includes people that had covid but didn't present with symptoms, Pfizer were only covid testing their subjects if they showed symptoms so their data does not include any symptomless cases, giving an appearance of being more effective.

Last edited:
You do realise that there is other data on the dashboard and that it's easily accessible by clicking on the word data!!! The dashboard actually has data for admissions upto 25/7 and data for patients in hospital upto 28/7
I only go by the general data

Go to healthcare in United Kingdom, down to patients in hospital, click on 'by nation' and pick England. We've 126 less hospital patients than the day before :)

Sydney are in a mess they won't get out of for the rest of this year. Australia did well at the start but aren't we glad we are not there now.

Booked my first abroad holiday today for June next year…made sure we could be refunded in case the worst happens but excited. Finally something to look forward to!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wales are exempting people a week early
FFFA6FA2-707C-4400-818B-C73F4C9A4BC7.jpeg

Mandatory vaccines on the way?????
087C7730-B899-48C5-9A16-595EE45CC7C2.jpeg
2F763B14-865A-42EE-B220-F1336D3CB3B7.jpeg

4E5E435B-0E18-4EF6-899B-8D4626151E1C.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Talked about this in other student circles but this was going to happen from either the government or the university themselves. It’s very likely that the government will give freedom to those that continue testing as I imagine otherwise they may be seen to be discriminating people, and there’s the whole issue with international students potentially not being able to get vaccinated in time for the term

Anyway, my university has basically said way before our age group was offered vaccines that we would be required to either show negative tests or have the vaccine to use facilities such as the library. Not unreasonable to think that it would have applied to lectures and seminars too really
so who is going to police that? I’m a university lecturer and there’s no way I’m asking to see students Covid status before they come into class

Reactions: 5
Big drops in protection coming from Israel even for hospitalisation

Reactions: 1
Thankfully Covid is just slow news day fodder at the moment. Everyone is out there living and enjoying what we used to have.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
so who is going to police that? I’m a university lecturer and there’s no way I’m asking to see students Covid status before they come into class
Not really the question to be asking me though, is it?

Im just saying that the majority of students I talked to in other places were expecting these sort of measures

if anything, why is the government even targeting the young population which couldn’t escape being affected by COVID? Again, most students I talked to are keen to have the vaccine and have booked it

Reactions: 3
I think it’s evident going by what’s happening around the world, even China can’t contain this one.

Looks like the data is true

Australians are in for a long haul
3EF74CAA-B611-4C25-84E0-DFC103B119B0.jpeg

The push is on for pregnant women to get jabbed

Last edited:
Not really the question to be asking me though, is it?

Im just saying that the majority of students I talked to in other places were expecting these sort of measures

if anything, why is the government even targeting the young population which couldn’t escape being affected by COVID? Again, most students I talked to are keen to have the vaccine and have booked it
It was more a general ‘wtf’ than a specific question, though I appreciate how it came across

Booked my first abroad holiday today for June next year…made sure we could be refunded in case the worst happens but excited. Finally something to look forward to!
I don’t blame you. We have a holiday abroad booked for July next year. In fact this time next year we will hopefully be there! So good to have something to look forward to. Hopefully things will be a bit simpler travel wise this time next year.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.