Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #100

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is, it only becomes reasonable when the country/state has reached herd immunity (preferably slightly above since these variants seem to be causing uncertainty) or has as many people vaccinated as it seems possible once everyone has reasonable time to have had the vaccine. I imagine in Britain it will probably be a month or two after September, or maybe even pushing to January since we're offering boosters to the vulnerable + the flu
The vaccines aren't stopping transmission so how will herd immunity be achievable ? especially as they're letting in fully vaccinated people from other countries without testing

Reactions: 1
Thing is, it only becomes reasonable when the country/state has reached herd immunity (preferably slightly above since these variants seem to be causing uncertainty) or has as many people vaccinated as it seems possible once everyone has reasonable time to have had the vaccine. I imagine in Britain it will probably be a month or two after September, or maybe even pushing to January since we're offering boosters to the vulnerable + the flu
Alberta/Canada is no where near herd immunity I don't think.
I should also add, we do not even have rapid testing here so even if I wanted to test myself, come Aug 16, I can't. Also the provincial party in Alberta has been wanting to privatise healthcare (they can do that) since they won and they are slowly destroying the healthcare system so they can. It is disgusting. We had an amazing system a few years back and it is being gutted by them.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I feel like last year we were all looking at Aus in envy and wishing we had the same here…. Haha! What a mess they’re in now!

Reactions: 5
The vaccines aren't stopping transmission so how will herd immunity be achievable ? especially as they're letting in fully vaccinated people from other countries without testing
Actually we only need 98% of people to be vaccinated (or have antibodies, resistance, T cells, etc), should be easy enough...

Actually we only need 98% of people to be vaccinated (or have antibodies, resistance, T cells, etc), should be easy enough...
Well here in Alberta we only have 64% fully vaccinated and not sure how many have antibodies from the virus. Our second doses have slowed down as we reopened and removed all restrictions so some people see no point getting the second dose since everything is open 🙃

Well here in Alberta we only have 64% fully vaccinated and not sure how many have antibodies from the virus. Our second doses have slowed down as we reopened and removed all restrictions so some people see no point getting the second dose since everything is open 🙃
Will you be introducing vaccine passports like the UK?

Will you be introducing vaccine passports like the UK?
😂 No.
Other provinces are. But our right wing provincial government has said no.
There may be a federal one introduced for international travel. The provincial government has decided covid no longer exists, hence no more testing and positive not having to quarantine. Even though the delta variant is starting to get crazy here.

Looking at the data today, the number of people in hospital has fallen by 1. Bear in mind that hopsital admission data is usually lagging by 4 days whereas actual numbers in hospital is 8am the day before so a little more representative of the current situation. It's not much and it is only 1 day and 1 person but it's the 1st time in 6 weeks that there have been less people in hospital than the day before.

Reactions: 5
How does this work then for those who cannot get the vaccine, pregnant, trying to conceive or breast feeding? I get those aren’t making up a large part of the demographic who goes to nightclubs but still… also who defines what a nightclub is? Lots of places these days are more like bars/restaurants during the day but might have music and a dance floor in the nighttimes. Are we just going to need a passport to go anywhere eventually? To prove we have had a jab which neither stops us getting covid or spreading it!!!
Not up to date with this thread so this might have already been said. But those pregnant/IVF/BF CAN get the jab....

Reactions: 2
To add insult to injury, those who where given placebo vaccines towards the beginning of the vaccines being rolled out, will be given vaccinated status so even though they've never received it, they will be given vaccinated status for taking part.
Sorry still catching up with this thread so apologies if this has been clarified later on - just to point out that this isn't accurate. I'm in a vaccine trial and because I'm an NHS worker was unblinded so that I could consider getting the Pfizer/AZ vaccine if I'd had the placebo already (I had the active vaccine). However others who have had the placebo have been told they would need to have an active vaccine

Looking at the data today, the number of people in hospital has fallen by 1. Bear in mind that hopsital admission data is usually lagging by 4 days whereas actual numbers in hospital is 8am the day before so a little more representative of the current situation. It's not much and it is only 1 day and 1 person but it's the 1st time in 6 weeks that there have been less people in hospital than the day before.
It’s says it gone up?
A780B0C6-B86C-4D15-AB0B-D96E6D8E0989.jpeg
62083BB7-2CDF-4DE9-8D12-58A84E02B317.jpeg

It’s only up until July 18th

I have had mine a couple of weeks. There were two vaccine passport sections. One was for trial events like Wimbledon, Euros etc and the other was for travel such as abroad. When we went back to 'normal' the other week the trials one switched to 'domestic' alongside the travel one that's not changed.

• Sad

The EU have been disgusting the whole time. Lives are at stake and they have used the opportunity to pour scorn on the UK vaccine for our cheek to leave the EU instead of keeping shut they decided to slow the roll out by putting doubt in the heads of people about the safety of the product.

Hardly anyone vaccinated and majority of people there are old to enjoy retirement. Still hope that senile president they have gets it sorted so Brits can go there though.......

I wonder what age groups in hospital if most of the oldies are vaccinated 🤔

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.