Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Your post has touched me so much. I want you to achieve your goals your ambitions and everything you desire. Remember it’s not where you start off it’s where you are going. Keep on writing it really helps and one day in the future you can look back and see how far you have come. Hell you’ve already done and changed so much for the better already. Stay safe and stay strong I look forward to more of your posts and hearing of your ambitions x❤X
Awh thank you so much that's so lovely! I was writing away kinda forgetting this is tattle and not my notes on my phone and didn't want to stop and at the end was unsure to post or just delete it I thought some people would be annoyed & think okay but not really relevant she's going on and on about herself writing 1000 word essays! 😂But I just pressed send and hoped for the best if people were annoyed I'd delete my account and leave tattle embarrassed. Then I was like awh hope that doesn't happen I actually like this site 😂 honestly do think if there was an overthinking Olympics I'd win 😂 people have told me I'm a really paranoid person for so long am like nah im alright after this virus stuff I accept it wear the medal with pride. People tell me to stop but I've always liked debating things problem solving my brain goes 100 miles an hour it can be for the bad and the good. Someone will ask me a simple question on Facebook and often they will get a novel back 😃. One of my friends copied and pasted one of my replies into Google translate before and listened to it because she couldn't be arsed reading it. 😂 People try to disguise themselves on forum's I signed up with my name as my username and my favourite number (1 is alone at first but with help from other numbers it can grow bigger something I came out with when I was talking random stuff one night with my pals) if anyone who knows me ever join's this site they will message me on Facebook and be like hey Danielle so you like tattle too? I'm so obvious its me but I don't care it'll kinda be cool if I find out one my friends has got this in common with me 😂 but I really did appreciate such a kind reply and I hope you and your loved ones are happy and safe also ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m gonna be one of those little shits who “knows someone on the inside”
Is a manager on Tesco the inside 🙄
Is that the world we live in now 😂🤣

it’s not like during a storm when trucks can’t get to stores, they’ve been doing overnight deliveries and weekend deliveries, they brought more staff in who are doing night shifts. The stock isn’t the problem, people are the problem.
She said they will never close, but they are always in contact with head office who’s always in contact with whatever government body deals with pasta, they can be told to shut and they need to shut straight away (apparently this is what happened last Thursday, when so many were tweeting about supermarkets being flooded with manic shoppers they were told to close, they did) They then opened up 2 hours later limiting customers.
I know last Saturday there was some government pasta meeting with the main stores about how things will continue, it could mean opening hours will be reduced and the stores will follow a one in one out policy but this is all speculation, even for them It’s all speculation.

none of them seem panicked about stock levels.

We’re not in full lockdown so I might eat my words! But we were at the point where people were fighting over hummus. The tit onion one nobody likes, and a week later the shops are very quiet and fully stocked (from what I’ve seen and heard) and have been since mid week. Nobody’s giving that 3 onion hummus a second thought.
Supermarkets are taking on new "immediate start" staff where I am. Probably temp contracts, I haven't checked. I always try to be super nice and polite to the staff (working in retail makes you mannerly!) and their job is really tough at the moment. God help anyone who goes for a job nowadays for a bit of extra money!

Reactions: 11
My local store had advertised hours for elderly only between 10-12pm yesterday. I went today at 8am. The guy said I could come back at 1pm. It was still nice to get outside for a bit. My mental health isn't the best at times but not even going outside is a big thing. (I don't have a garden).

M&S will also do an hour for only NHS staff.

Reactions: 4
omg guys I am bleeping fuming!!!!!!

my mam just came to pick up some of the eggs I acquired from the restaurant next to my husbands work closing down, and she had just been to the GP to pick up her prescription.

She said she was covering her nose and mouth with her scarf (it was a hugely busy waiting room) and a woman tried to start a fight saying "look at her! trying to scare everyone! get me the manager she is making me have a panic attack! it's only a bleeping cold, look at her trying to frighten everyone! she's probably got it, why is she covering her face!" my mam said there was a slanging match ending with her saying "here you dozy witch I've been in isolation for the past 2 weeks, I have a t1 diabetic husband and a daughter recovering from cancer! if I wasn't bothered about catching your germs i'd bleeping deck you!"

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Honestly so fed up, felt like crying after coming back from attempting to shop for food. My son is autistic and only eats specific foods and only certain brands, he won’t just have any alternative. Absolutely nothing left. I’ve tried 5 shops for the bread he has and nothing. I don’t drive so can’t travel far for anything so hopefully I’ll find things over the weekend 😭
See if there is any kind of organisation in your local community. Also, I’ve no experience with this condition so please excuse me for asking, but would putting the food you can get in to the packaging of things your son normally eats help at all? If he sees it coming from the same box / packaging would that be enough or is it the shapes of the food itself. I hope you get what you need. Try not to stress. You would also I’m sure be eligible for earlier access in the supermarkets. Try calling your local shops and see if they can put you something aside?

Reactions: 2
:mad:🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

"Furious critics have today slammed the boss of JD Wetherspoon as he refused to shut down pubs despite warnings they could be putting lives at risk amid the coronavirus crisis.

CEO Tim Martin told BBC Radio 4 today that closing pubs was 'over the top' in spite of warnings from the government's chief scientific adviser that bars are a breeding ground for the deadly virus. "

• Angry
  • Wow
My gran was still going for coffee up until yesterday, even though my mum tried to explain how she shouldn't be. She is in her 60s but has underlying conditions. It is hard as my grandad is no longer around. She doesn't want to download any video apps either, I am not sure why.
My dad is in his 60s and lives alone. He keeps asking me over and just text me to say he's got fish fingers for the kids when we come over. He's just around the corner and I'm really not sure what to do 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Honestly so fed up, felt like crying after coming back from attempting to shop for food. My son is autistic and only eats specific foods and only certain brands, he won’t just have any alternative. Absolutely nothing left. I’ve tried 5 shops for the bread he has and nothing. I don’t drive so can’t travel far for anything so hopefully I’ll find things over the weekend 😭
Mine is. He is very pick though thankfully his SPD doesn't seem to affect texture in the mouth??? So jve stocked up in tinned spaghetti hot dogs etc for emergancies, we have vitamin gummies too.

See if there is any kind of organisation in your local community. Also, I’ve no experience with this condition so please excuse me for asking, but would putting the food you can get in to the packaging of things your son normally eats help at all? If he sees it coming from the same box / packaging would that be enough or is it the shapes of the food itself. I hope you get what you need. Try not to stress. You would also I’m sure be eligible for earlier access in the supermarkets. Try calling your local shops and see if they can put you something aside?
I’ve tried that, he’s too clever and notices 😂 Yes I did think we may be able to use that earlier access, I will have a look into it thank you. We’ve got enough things for the next couple of days so not in a massive rush, I just thought I’d get some things while I had the chance while he was in school

Reactions: 1
My dad is in his 60s and lives alone. He keeps asking me over and just text me to say he's got fish fingers for the kids when we come over. He's just around the corner and I'm really not sure what to do 😭
Aww bless him. My in laws are 70. We are giving it 14 days from school closures to make sure the kids haven't picked anything up. OH works almost alone, my workplace will most likely close this week. We travel by car so THEY have said after 14 days the want to see their grandkids. So we will.

• Heart
My Nan popped in to town for a new pair of slippers yesterday 🤦🏼‍♀️ My mum and I both called and told her off. She said “well I’ve got to go out, what about bread and milk”. Basically had to be harsh and in a roundabout way say you need to because if you catch this, you will die and you will probably give it to grandad too who will also die. Tried to comfort her by saying it was also about if either of them got flare ups of any other conditions they’d never get a GP appointment so they need to protect themselves in that sense too. Had to tell her we will postpone Mother’s Day dinner on Sunday which was hard but my husband was at Cheltenham last week and I just don’t think it’s worth the risk. Two weeks of isolation and I will then deliver stuff to them and sit in the garden and talk to them if I can. Until then I’m not risking it. I had to really go tough love which felt tit but hopefully it’s made her realise.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m not arguing. I’m simply stating That you made a very powerful, scaremongering and blanket statement that someone in the uk is dying every hour from this virus. I’ve simply pointed out that that isn’t an accurate measurement as that is data from one day only. If you were to divide the total number of deaths over the total hours, it would look nothing like that figure at the moment. I’ve not been rude or argumentative so don’t get why you are being now.
Ok to make the data clearer, on average for the last 5 days, 1 person has died every hour in the UK from COVID-19. There has been 123 deaths since Sunday.

This is not scaremongering it’s a fact.

Stay in your homes as much as you can

How did everyones 'last' school run go? My kids are very confused, the teachers looks really out out, only a.handful of kids there, it so surreal. They kids get a 'party' today. The teachers have gotten them sweets etc.
It easy to forget about the seriousness of it all when your still doing your daily routines etc. I'm really emotional today, no idea why??
Our school have dealt with it really well and really calmly prepared the children. They've been given their own exercise books and pencils, a new email address to contact their class teacher on- been shown worksheets and told about online learning so in fact, most of the children including my own have been really excited to be at school, at home!
I'm pleased about this following all the tricky child questions we've had to navigate the past week- their routine and security is coming to an abrupt end and I couldn't praise the school more for how they have handled things.

your mum should have just got on with her business and walked away, there are going to be a lot of anxious people dealing with their own tit in a very bizarre way, clearly this woman wasn’t ok, no point getting involved and allowing it to escalate by calling her a dosy witch and saying she’s deck her.... no wonder people are fighting each other for toilet roll.
omg guys I am bleeping fuming!!!!!!

my mam just came to pick up some of the eggs I acquired from the restaurant next to my husbands work closing down, and she had just been to the GP to pick up her prescription.

She said she was covering her nose and mouth with her scarf (it was a hugely busy waiting room) and a woman tried to start a fight saying "look at her! trying to scare everyone! get me the manager she is making me have a panic attack! it's only a bleeping cold, look at her trying to frighten everyone! she's probably got it, why is she covering her face!" my mam said there was a slanging match ending with her saying "here you dozy witch I've been in isolation for the past 2 weeks, I have a t1 diabetic husband and a daughter recovering from cancer! if I wasn't bothered about catching your germs i'd bleeping deck you!"

your mum should have just got on with her business and walked away, there are going to be a lot of anxious people dealing with their own tit in a very bizarre way, clearly this woman wasn’t ok, no point getting involved and allowing it to escalate by calling her a dosy witch and saying she’s deck her.... no wonder people are fighting each other for toilet roll.
just because you're anxious it doesn't give you the right to be abusive and try and humiliate others for dealing with it in their way, any person who has a vulnerable person to care for would be angry, and she may just be in the category of people who is oblivious to how serious this really is, and it's people like that who will make the spread of this worse than it needs to be

Reactions: 7
Yes I know you are. People are just using the schools as a childcare service. Not all but I've seen two stay at home mums sending their kids because their other halfs work as key workers. These kids could and should be kept at home. I told my daughters teacher I was a key worker but have arranged childcare (not an option for everyone I know) for everyone else's benefit. She gave me the biggest hug and said thank you.
As I was walking out the head couldnt stress enough the children need to be in school only if other arrangements could be made. And absolutely if absolutely vital but they will be welcoming the kids with open arms.
The teachers have been put on a brave front but it's time to protect them and their family by not sending kids unless it's absolutely necessary.
Thank you to all the other workers keeping this county safe and afloat. This is absolutely not a dig at you ❤
I thought both parents had to be key workers or be single parent for them to be able to use schools.
I’m sorry but why accept a hug off a teacher, we are supposed to be social distancing, not a dig just an observation

I was in Greggs yesterday to grab a quick coffee and someone ahead of me asked that they wear gloves while dealing with drink lids. It was something I hadn't thought of. I walked out when the Greggs lad said "Oh we wash our hands" And the customer said "Aye after you handle the food and money, do you not know whats going on right now???"

I’m gonna be one of those little shits who “knows someone on the inside”
Is a manager on Tesco the inside 🙄
Is that the world we live in now 😂🤣

it’s not like during a storm when trucks can’t get to stores, they’ve been doing overnight deliveries and weekend deliveries, they brought more staff in who are doing night shifts. The stock isn’t the problem, people are the problem.
She said they will never close, but they are always in contact with head office who’s always in contact with whatever government body deals with pasta, they can be told to shut and they need to shut straight away (apparently this is what happened last Thursday, when so many were tweeting about supermarkets being flooded with manic shoppers they were told to close, they did) They then opened up 2 hours later limiting customers.
I know last Saturday there was some government pasta meeting with the main stores about how things will continue, it could mean opening hours will be reduced and the stores will follow a one in one out policy but this is all speculation, even for them It’s all speculation.

none of them seem panicked about stock levels.

We’re not in full lockdown so I might eat my words! But we were at the point where people were fighting over hummus. The tit onion one nobody likes, and a week later the shops are very quiet and fully stocked (from what I’ve seen and heard) and have been since mid week. Nobody’s giving that 3 onion hummus a second thought.

I would probably do the trials if I didn’t have to get a needle 😂🤣 if they could make a chewable version in lemon or orange I’m there 😂
No but seriously I would 😂
Just here to say that I must need sleep because for whatever reason , reading this post made me think of rap lyrics & i couldn’t stop. So now everyone’s post is rap. wtf. corona insomnia insanity?! lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My sister (17) also got some hassle yesterday from an middle aged man instore after offering to let him go ahead of her in the queue . :cautious: People have always been nuts but this is a huge trigger to bring out the **** in them.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.