Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone still worried about stores and stock levels, I’m not an expert but we were there last week, schools and workplaces closed on Thursday and Friday-Monday you were fighting over the cheese strings.

but since Wednesday, according to everyone I’ve heard from this isn’t the case anymore, there was a wall of toilet roll in Tesco, I had a neighbour who went to a different store for “happy elderly hour” this morning and it’s all at normal stock levels, their deliveries haven’t been effected and their stockrooms are filling up again 🤷‍♀️
Just to anyone worrying about not getting what they need,
don’t panic and give it a few days. 👍

when DS was in nursery.
737C0E8A-1EF3-4BB3-9DD0-A171DBD466E8.jpeg

this is what I imagine when I see someone use “DS” instead of “my son” 😂🤣
I chose a blue one but I’m not giving him a gender.... he can identify as any colour of DS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Yeah, definitely haven't got the point of social distancing if they're willing to grab someone around the neck and pull them to the floor. Sort of defeats the point of stocking up if you're just going to go around touching people 😂 Twats.
Very good point!

Reactions: 2
Two of my children have EHCP’s. One attends a special school which has closed, the other attends primary with alternative provision. The primary has shut but the alternative provision is continuing.
Gov says children with EHCP will have school. How does this apply if the special schools are shut?
Additionally I have several underlying conditions, so for safety would want to keep them at home. Can gov force them to attend?
I wish the gov would give clearer advice.
A letter from my school said that we are not obliged to send them in x

Reactions: 3
Everyone still worried about stores and stock levels, I’m not an expert but we were there last week, schools and workplaces closed on Thursday and Friday-Monday you were fighting over the cheese strings.

but since Wednesday, according to everyone I’ve heard from this isn’t the case anymore, there was a wall of toilet roll in Tesco, I had a neighbour who went to a different store for “happy elderly hour” this morning and it’s all at normal stock levels, their deliveries haven’t been effected and their stockrooms are filling up again 🤷‍♀️
Just to anyone worrying about not getting what they need,
don’t panic and give it a few days. 👍
That’s really helpful, thank you. Do you have any idea why this has happened though if you’re still allowed out to buy essentials? Or have some other measures been put in place? All everyone seems to be doing around here is attempting to buy essentials and we’re not even under lockdown yet so I’m not sure how much will change

Reactions: 1
Just out of curiosity... Would anyone have the vaccine if/when it becomes available?

Nah I don't mind. Catching it while waiting in lines of supermarkets. I've heard it to live on surfaces for up to six hours people who arent washing their hands properly lifting tins up then putting them back five minutes later your picking that can up off the shelf. (Although not sure if this is true) The fact that it can be in your system for up to 14 days before showing any signs at all and then them gradually becoming sicker and sicker all that time in their homes or hospital while lock down is happening. Sadly lockdown isn't going to mean a small amount of deaths but it could lead to huge decrease in numbers if followed carefully by everyone I am just fearful that unless completely enforced by police and army we are risking more and more people every moment.

Never thought I would ever say this but I want everyone to call on lockdown like they did for the schools because once your in your house and rules are being followed if you and your family are negative your chances will be a lot better of never catching it. I know unlikely as so many people are reportedly going to be infected but possible. How amazing is that? The longer we leave it and continue having people not listening to the advice of social distances is time we could have enforced them to listen and prevent further spread.

There are always going to be those teenagers who believe they are invincible that haven't educated themselves that they could pass it on to the vulnerable so simply doing things they would normally do in large gatherings. I know so many people who have had parties of 50+ people in tiny flats in my local area. We are giving people to much credit if you encourage them to distance we need to enforce it. #EnforceNotEncourage

I've heard from numerous people someone i lived in a homeless hostel with who i dont speak to anymore is so addicted to weed and coke that she is taking her two kids aged 5 and aged 9 (one that has asthma) a twenty minute walk to their and back to her dealers house something she'd normally do while the kids where at school and openly telling her friends about thinking it's perfectly fine. I live in a horrible rough area and people seem to no idea what it's like in places like this. Many people with mental health issues who believe the only thing that helps their anxiety is cannabis will go anywhere to get it. People who are drug addicts and alcoholic's who are off their face most of the time not knowing what day it is how are they going to understand the rules of socially isolating without it being forced. My friend with learning difficulties and autism I also met in the homeless in her house alone who just wants to run outside and scream, who is calling me all the time so upset she's been struggling with her mental health for months and fears this will put her over the edge with no family support as they are estranged and her counselling which she is now having over the phone is making it like starting the process from the start and setting her back. It's crazy friends from other better off areas in my school was Catholic (in Scotland don't know if you have them elsewhere?) so people travelled from completely different areas who are in catholic primary schools to it can't believe that it's that bad here. They have come to where I live before a few times and said let's just go to mine next time (I don't complain) lovely big houses parents who can afford to pay for tutors for them and tell me to order whatever food I want on the menu when we go out was amazing in a nice quiet area that was great for a sleepover when all you know is the street you live in branded the worst in your town. Grown apart from most of those friends now. I feel like I'm in the vast minority of the my age group here actually taking precautions. I got a message this morning as I posted I was worried on Facebook from a guy I sometimes hang around with saying don't worry it's all fake and the footage of hospital's is all actors just come out tonight. I know this is a really long post me and my friend have been talking all night about this and worried for people we know who are in denial nothing we say can convince them to try to stay safe. We are worried we are going to get it worse here because of some people's actions. My friend is 18 and struggle's alot staying inside she has ADHD so lots of energy always running ahead of me and is claustrophobic she wants to go out so badly but she won't unless for food when she needs too. I just want to better myself after this is over and get away from some of these people after this it has opened my eyes to the path I'll be going down this past year taking drugs all the time and waking up in a different guys houses everyday sad it's took this for me to think am I really living the one life I have the way I want too. After growing up in foster care due to an abusive parent like (like a few of my friends) and being in homeless shelters after when I was young (like most of my friends) the only places I've met people who dont really judge me so I have stupidly done things I wouldn't have due to peer pressure I've had my sister tell me this so much while convincing her I actually enjoy this life and these people are my friends. Even after a few days of self isolating I am realising I am better off without some people in my life and I need to be braver at saving no to things that I'm only going to regret. I'm even trying to stop smoking cigarettes now something I'd thought I'd ever be able to do in hope that if I do get the virus my lungs will at least have the tiniest better chance of fighting it. I am sitting here crying writing all this in my bed to people I don't even know and I've wrote like 50 pages in my diary already about my feelings. I am so sorry this is so long and i went off on one but I do think this has helped me xx
Your post has touched me so much. I want you to achieve your goals your ambitions and everything you desire. Remember it’s not where you start off it’s where you are going. Keep on writing it really helps and one day in the future you can look back and see how far you have come. Hell you’ve already done and changed so much for the better already. Stay safe and stay strong I look forward to more of your posts and hearing of your ambitions x❤X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
For those freaking out about the military helping, this is what it’s for! My friend is receiving training to drive oxygen tankers..

They aren’t going to be patrolling the street arresting Sandra because she was chatting to Mandy outside

Attachments

• Heart
Just out of curiosity... Would anyone have the vaccine if/when it becomes available?
in principle yes, but first I would like to have the antibody test to know if I had already had it. Not think I think I have, but who knows.

Reactions: 8
I would if it was like other vaccines - used to create herd immunity and protect people who can’t have vaccines. I wouldn’t want to take it from a vulnerable person if they could have it and vaccines were limited though. I privately got the flu vaccine last year for everyone’s sake, probably the best £11 I’ve spent

It’d be a bit scary getting such a new vaccine

Do we really need to argue about being compared to Italy, how many deaths per day etc we’re going on lockdown because my cousin said so etc etc etc
We are a separate country, I hate being compared like it’s some sort of a race. Everyone is stressed out, I don’t think things like this helps.
Just my opinion, if you don’t like it feel free to scroll on by 👋

Reactions: 13
Has anyone got an email from their bank saying to do online banking? As in "This is how you set it up" as if its urgent? Also I know that many shops round my way are not taking cash payments, just card.

Has anyone got an email from their bank saying to do online banking? As in "This is how you set it up" as if its urgent? Also I know that many shops round my way are not taking cash payments, just card.
Do be careful. Lots of scammers out there wanting to take advantage. Id delete emails like this and go through the banks website etc

Someone I woek with has tested positive🤐 haven’t been in the office for 10 days but now we’re all worried that we could be carrying the virus and could have been for the last 10 days whilst still seeing other people etc. Now I’m not sure what to do😭

• Sad
Reactions: 6
That’s really helpful, thank you. Do you have any idea why this has happened though if you’re still allowed out to buy essentials? Or have some other measures been put in place? All everyone seems to be doing around here is attempting to buy essentials and we’re not even under lockdown yet so I’m not sure how much will change
I’m gonna be one of those little shits who “knows someone on the inside”
Is a manager on Tesco the inside 🙄
Is that the world we live in now 😂🤣

it’s not like during a storm when trucks can’t get to stores, they’ve been doing overnight deliveries and weekend deliveries, they brought more staff in who are doing night shifts. The stock isn’t the problem, people are the problem.
She said they will never close, but they are always in contact with head office who’s always in contact with whatever government body deals with pasta, they can be told to shut and they need to shut straight away (apparently this is what happened last Thursday, when so many were tweeting about supermarkets being flooded with manic shoppers they were told to close, they did) They then opened up 2 hours later limiting customers.
I know last Saturday there was some government pasta meeting with the main stores about how things will continue, it could mean opening hours will be reduced and the stores will follow a one in one out policy but this is all speculation, even for them It’s all speculation.

none of them seem panicked about stock levels.

We’re not in full lockdown so I might eat my words! But we were at the point where people were fighting over hummus. The tit onion one nobody likes, and a week later the shops are very quiet and fully stocked (from what I’ve seen and heard) and have been since mid week. Nobody’s giving that 3 onion hummus a second thought.

I would probably do the trials if I didn’t have to get a needle 😂🤣 if they could make a chewable version in lemon or orange I’m there 😂
No but seriously I would 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Honestly so fed up, felt like crying after coming back from attempting to shop for food. My son is autistic and only eats specific foods and only certain brands, he won’t just have any alternative. Absolutely nothing left. I’ve tried 5 shops for the bread he has and nothing. I don’t drive so can’t travel far for anything so hopefully I’ll find things over the weekend 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Do be careful. Lots of scammers out there wanting to take advantage. Id delete emails like this and go through the banks website etc
Thanks, it seems legit but I'll go into the branch anyway. Purely because I have to update them with my new mobile number for verification purposes. But yeah, it would be wise to pay attention to these things. Scammers prey on stress. x

We are at risk but at least as healthcare professionals we are trying our hardest not to get it ourselves - don’t forget we have more insight than most. I am actually happy to be in the same room as my colleagues as I know we’re doing all we can to protect ourselves and our families. I don’t know about other areas but we have a wash and change our clothes before we leave work.
But even then after work I went and saw my mum and dad - I stood outside in the cold they stood inside. It breaks my heart knowing I couldn’t go near them just in case. And when I got home straight in the shower.

Personally I am more more worried about those who have complete disregard for social distancing.
The people who are more likely to get this and pass it on are those still in cafes, bars, gyms, those who are completely disregarding any advice etc.
I live in a tourist area and the towns may be empty but blimey its busy round here. Definitely no social distancing.
Yes I know you are. People are just using the schools as a childcare service. Not all but I've seen two stay at home mums sending their kids because their other halfs work as key workers. These kids could and should be kept at home. I told my daughters teacher I was a key worker but have arranged childcare (not an option for everyone I know) for everyone else's benefit. She gave me the biggest hug and said thank you.
As I was walking out the head couldnt stress enough the children need to be in school only if other arrangements could be made. And absolutely if absolutely vital but they will be welcoming the kids with open arms.
The teachers have been put on a brave front but it's time to protect them and their family by not sending kids unless it's absolutely necessary.
Thank you to all the other workers keeping this county safe and afloat. This is absolutely not a dig at you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.