Coronavirus disease outbreak - COVID-19 #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this is part of the reason there’s so much panic buying as lockdown conjures up a scary scenario. According to Italy, yes you can go for a walk, you just have to keep a distance from other people, shops are still open for food, DIY shops are still open. I think too many people have seen the movie ‘Contagion’, covid isn’t airborne.
I don't suppose you know if they still get post/deliveries? Really need to order a car seat but dont understand if I'll actually get it if were in lockdown

I don't suppose you know if they still get post/deliveries? Really need to order a car seat but dont understand if I'll actually get it if were in lockdown
Company i work for ship worldwide and we have ti advise anyone who ordered from overseas to add a further 21 days on to their delivery estimations.

My problem at the moment is birth control!! I’ve got a 10 week old with no intention of any more....The clinics near me aren’t doing the implants atm and I can’t see a doc about the pill until next Tuesday and even that’s a telephone appointment!! Abstinence is key at the moment!! 😂
Or...condoms..?!?

Reactions: 4
They probably practice all the time, just noones ever paid any attention until now.
there are always military exercises on. hundreds every year. one of the lines of work we do is in relation to the MoD. this is not anything to panic about

Reactions: 5
My problem at the moment is birth control!! I’ve got a 10 week old with no intention of any more....The clinics near me aren’t doing the implants atm and I can’t see a doc about the pill until next Tuesday and even that’s a telephone appointment!! Abstinence is key at the moment!! 😂
I am far too stressed to even consider bedroom olympics 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 11
A few weeks ago I thought all this would blow over and we would never hear of it again :-/ how wrong I was! It’s all making me slightly anxious now! I saw a man take ten bottles of Milton in Morrison’s earlier :( in the baby section. People are going crazy! I did give him a dirty look I mean ten? Could leave some for other babies bottles. I wanted a pack of baby wipes but there was only two left so thought forget it I’ll leave it for moms. Hope everyone is okay..... it’s scary not knowing what’s going to happen in the coming weeks and months. I don’t have a job atm been out of work since December so money is low and I’ve applied to every job under the sun but some have now said there post pining employing anyone so I’m quite worried about money etc xxx
If it’s any help and you want money supermarkets are employing people for temp work, look online at Tesco’s etc

Reactions: 11
This may be a stupid question

But my daughter has a different dad so if we go on full lockdown would she still be able to go between the both of us? I’ve already not seen her for a week because she was at her dads when my son fell ill so I made the decision to keep her away I’ve never in her 6 years not seen her for a week before i feel so bad about it, I’m worried that if she’s there when they announce a lockdown she won’t be able to come back to me, it’s 5am and I’m probably not making much sense
In italy it’s allowed

Reactions: 3
Morning everyone! Just about to head to work on (hopefully) empty trains. I'll be the one huddled by the door with my hands in my pockets scowling and glowering at anyone who dares come within 6 feet of me! Hope you all have a safe, (clean) day with your loved ones, and try not to stress too much. x

Reactions: 13
No one has any idea of any rules until we go into lockdown. The army will not be patrolling your cul-de-sac to ensure that Karen from no 32 isn’t outside lurking in the hydrangeas.
the army will be supporting the NHS and ensuring that people don’t ignore the rules that are laid out

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Morning everyone! Just about to head to work on (hopefully) empty trains. I'll be the one huddled by the door with my hands in my pockets scowling and glowering at anyone who dares come within 6 feet of me! Hope you all have a safe, (clean) day with your loved ones, and try not to stress too much. x
Im on the bus now....cant believe how empty it is. Also cant believe the free metro paper is still being provided. People read them and leave them behind potentially leaving the virus on it....

Reactions: 7
Company i work for ship worldwide and we have ti advise anyone who ordered from overseas to add a further 21 days on to their delivery estimations.
Thank you that's luckily still in time for baby feel much better now that I'll actually be able to get one

Reactions: 2
No one has any idea of any rules until we go into lockdown. The army will not be patrolling your cul-de-sac to ensure that Karen from no 32 isn’t outside lurking in the hydrangeas.
the army will be supporting the NHS and ensuring that people don’t ignore the rules that are laid out
And its the having no idea that worries me. In an ideal world yes great stay in doors as i am a huge introvert but realistically what happens financially?

And its the having no idea that worries me. In an ideal world yes great stay in doors as i am a huge introvert but realistically what happens financially?
we just have to wait patiently until they do 😔 I know it’s hard not knowing, but absolutely everyone is in the same boat.
as many others have suggested I’m sure it will likely be to control the limit of people in a fashion where everyone can still get supplies but in a safe and distant way.

Reactions: 4
Yeah they are going to be splitting the large gatherings in london and sending people home, support police and nhs, be on standby/patrol for looters and riots not in ur local tesco more so london and main cities.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
We've speculated a bit on the last thread. Not seen any solid evidence as of yet x
a friend of mysister is in the army and apparently they've been warned they will be deployed ti do jobs like ambulance driver etc from next week

I seen people saying this on the last thread too. I can't help because I don't have a lot myself but I ordered reusable pads online. Not really my thing but I'd rather have them than have nothing
also there are underwear that you don't have tonuse pads with... never tried them but apparantly are good

Reactions: 2
The Army stepping in reassures me greatly. I think this would be a good call.

It will ease the pressure off essential services thus freeing up time on NHS staff, Police and Fire Crews to deal with anything else. If anyone can the army can.

I live near a barracks and saw a massive helicopter thing go over last week and joked they’ve brought the Army in.

Reactions: 8
When I had a 10 week old...he WAS the birth control!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
My mother in law, over 80 with a range of illnesses has emailed her local Tesco to tell them she is coming next Tuesday at around 10.30-11.00, will require the electric wheelchair and to make sure they are well stocked up. She has shopped there for many years and it was disgustingly empty when she visited this week and had to go to Sainsbury's, most inconvenient. Most days she doesn't bother getting dressed if she has no appointments but suddenly she has a spurt of energy and wants to go out. And I am not even making this up.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
My car is due an MOT next week I am in a high risk category, but need it for hospital appointments, really worried about what to do

Random thought but I guess fuel demand has tanked with so many countries on lockdown. I wonder what the impact is. Rhetorical question really.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.