Coronavirus Covid-19 opinions please? Health/work place question/general questions.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would it be an idea to have a separate thread for questions and concerns...

“what should I do if” etc

just to try and separate the general conversation from people looking for advice on a specific topic?
I know the conversation around one person’s question can run on and at times get heated 😬 so maybe post your question here
Just an idea 🤷‍♀️

OK I will start this off! I am due to pay my holiday balance this week to Gran canaria, beginning of July. Do I pay it (its probably going to get cancelled). I asked my travel agent this morning and she said I could rebook for next year (which I am planning to do but it wont be with Jet2) but I will only get a credit voucher back if I choose not to as they are trying to save the tourist economy by making sure people rebook. so my other option is I cancel anyway and lose £250 in deposits! PLUS I am still waiting for my Thomas Cook refund.... I dont want to feel forced into making a booking just to save the money I have already paid.

OK I will start this off! I am due to pay my holiday balance this week to Gran canaria, beginning of July. Do I pay it (its probably going to get cancelled). I asked my travel agent this morning and she said I could rebook for next year (which I am planning to do but it wont be with Jet2) but I will only get a credit voucher back if I choose not to as they are trying to save the tourist economy by making sure people rebook. so my other option is I cancel anyway and lose £250 in deposits! PLUS I am still waiting for my Thomas Cook refund.... I dont want to feel forced into making a booking just to save the money I have already paid.
Im due to pay ours on 17th of April, we go the end of June. I don’t want vouchers back as we need the money now if we aren’t going. Im wondering if we pay with a credit card they’d give you the money back if it gets cancelled?

I’ll lose the deposit too if I don’t pay it, but I’m not sure if that’s a better option that having £3000 of jet 2 vouchers I don’t want...

Reactions: 1
Im due to pay ours on 17th of April, we go the end of June. I don’t want vouchers back as we need the money now if we aren’t going. Im wondering if we pay with a credit card they’d give you the money back if it gets cancelled?

I’ll lose the deposit too if I don’t pay it, but I’m not sure if that’s a better option that having £3000 of jet 2 vouchers I don’t want...
We are in the same boat, we have paid just under £1000 and have £2000 to pay. Again I don’t want stuck with vouchers or to think about next years holiday yet. We are thinking do we loose the 600 deposit and cancel now.

Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this but I have a question. I usually live between two houses (my parents and my boyfriends, half a week each). Should I be sticking to just one house at the moment?

I had a letter through asking to book my smear test. Usually I would book straight away, just to get it out of the way and keep it up to date. But this time I MUST have it up to date because I’m doing IVF treatment. Well I started, then it was postponed due to the virus. But if this is all over in a month or two, and my IVF starts again, my smear test won’t be up to date. Do you reckon my surgery would do it?
Or is it a complete non-essential test?

Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this but I have a question. I usually live between two houses (my parents and my boyfriends, half a week each). Should I be sticking to just one house at the moment?
Interested to see responses as I am in the same situation

I wonder what they class as essential business?!

My husband is an electrician within a greenhouse environment obviously growing food, is that essential?!

I wonder what they class as essential business?!

My husband is an electrician within a greenhouse environment obviously growing food, is that essential?!
he said electrical so phone shops? currys, pc world, clothes shops

Will they publish a list of non essential businesses ?
They say chemist food shop supermarket.
Farm ? Is that non essential
Car garage ? Is that non essential
Taxi business? Is that non essential
So confusing

Reactions: 3
My dog has 2-3 walks a day by my brother but I’m assuming now me and my dad will have to do a walk each as well so we’re all having the one form of exercise a day

Reactions: 3
To clarify to everyone, it is only non essential shops closing. Businesses, offices etc will still stay open and if your employer isn’t closing or you can’t work from home you are still allowed to go to work.

Reactions: 5
My dog has 2-3 walks a day by my brother but I’m assuming now me and my dad will have to do a walk each as well so we’re all having the one form of exercise a day
No it’s fine your brother can do all 3; he’ll just need a wig and maybe a fake beard? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My partner works on a farm, I’m assuming this is classed as essential work? They have live stock if that makes a difference, probably obvious but I wanted to double check