Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #15

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As always,
links you might find useful....

(GOV.UK)
www.gov.uk

(NHS advice about COVID-19)
www.nhs.uk

(World Health Organisation)
www.who.int

(Total cases - U.K. numbers)
www.arcgis.com

Geographical distribution of COVID-19 cases globally. The data is updated daily.
www.ecdc.europa.eu

COVID-19 MAP (google maps)
https://www.google.com/mymaps/viewer?mid=1yCPR-ukAgE55sROnmBUFmtLN6riVLTu3&hl=en_GB

(Previous threads
coronavirus)

For those who might be feeling overwhelmed or lonely at this time

Reactions: 2
@Good Egg
I wish there wasn’t so much scaremongering on the news. We don’t know if these people smoke, vape, or have an undiscovered health condition - we don’t know.
I thought I was going to die last night. I couldn’t breathe. Brought on by the news showing people not being able to breathe on oxygen.
I’m stepping away from all socials and news reports for my own mental health and that of my family.
I’m a key worker so need to be in work. I’m terrified of catching it and being exposed and bringing it home. For the past week I’ve been crying everyday. I’m obese too.
I feel like you, I feel like I’ll die of a heart attack at this rate the anxiety it’s causing so I came off Facebook after someone shared a video of a woman ‘fighting for her life’ she is 7 months pregnant, I couldn’t put sound on so don’t know what she was saying to her phone screen, but did think if you was fighting I don’t know if you would film yourself, I wouldn’t want to upset my family.
im obese and can’t just lose weight right this minute so I’m fearful on thyroid med and blood pressure tabs that say there’s a risk of covid with the brandI’m taking.
My husband is shielding also so I’m the only one leaving the house to shop etc right now, so I feel like I’m in a movie and bringing zombies back to follow me Shaun of the dead style!
im really scared my 3 kids and grandchild end up with neither of us.
I even googled the population of my town, I know ppl come and go and that’s the risk factor, but I’m just staying local and going into the smallest shops avoiding the 2 big supermarkets.
Tried to reply on previous post but closed thread

• Sad
Reactions: 6
In response to the person on the last thread who’s partner is using the fact they are still working to be a complete arse - yes, I am in the same boat!

Everything is “well I’m working”, “you’re not going anywhere”, “you can do it as you’ve not got much else happening”.

Also, he keeps having video conference calls in the makeshift office desk area we have put together for him and he doesn’t even like me walking across the back to get something from the other side of the room. The office is in our bedroom in one corner so it’s not in the most practical place but it is where there was space to have a desk!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
@Good Egg

I feel like you, I feel like I’ll die of a heart attack at this rate the anxiety it’s causing so I came off Facebook after someone shared a video of a woman ‘fighting for her life’ she is 7 months pregnant, I couldn’t put sound on so don’t know what she was saying to her phone screen, but did think if you was fighting I don’t know if you would film yourself, I wouldn’t want to upset my family.
im obese and can’t just lose weight right this minute so I’m fearful on thyroid med and blood pressure tabs that say there’s a risk of covid with the brandI’m taking.
My husband is shielding also so I’m the only one leaving the house to shop etc right now, so I feel like I’m in a movie and bringing zombies back to follow me Shaun of the dead style!
im really scared my 3 kids and grandchild end up with neither of us.
I even googled the population of my town, I know ppl come and go and that’s the risk factor, but I’m just staying local and going into the smallest shops avoiding the 2 big supermarkets.
Tried to reply on previous post but closed thread
I am worrying too. I am on thyroid meds and Gp said I’m nit high risk but I alol have other conditions that cause fatigue so I’m terrifired if I got it I’m a goner. I am fatigued daily so I can’t see how my body would have the energy to fght such a virus, even if thr Gp says I’m not high risk. I’ve convinced myself I’m going to die, this anxiety is bloody awful,

• Sad
Reactions: 1
This story was particular sad. Being mixed with a black mother I have a constantly fobbed off when she's been ill. She had pneumonia and was told she was "being dramatic". This isn't unknown knowledge that some people aren't taking as seriously by medical staff.

I just pray she'll be ok in these times. I hope everyone is tbh

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Thought everyone could do with some light humour 😂❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Tory donors Dyson and JCB to make ventilators. Which will take time and need to be medically approved.
Yet the government bypassed the offer of the pre approved ones by another UK company that already make ventilators that would have been made quicker.
Oh Boris!! I am disappointed, let's see the spin on this.

ETA-I am sure there was a lady on a previous thread who said her husband worked for a ventilator manufacturer and there had been no order placed despite the announce of shortages by the government.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Hubby has been to our local ASDA this morning and they have a one way system in place, with arrows on the floor and indicators to make sure you stand 2m away from others. He said about 10% of people are following it. I hope they implement it properly and MAKE people follow it.

Also, I have to say that i’m totally here for that type of system after this virus, too! Hate people who wander aimlessly round the shop and don’t write their list in perfect store order 😂 .... just me, then?!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
So apparently the victims family need to consent to share the information that they died of coronavirus. This can take a couple of days if they do consent, so the daily figures may not be accurate. If they don’t consent, I guess they’re not included in any figures?

Surely it’s in the public interest to know the number of deaths? As it’s anonymous, I’m not sure why consent is needed. It just seems like an attempt to skew the figures

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Hubby has been to our local ASDA this morning and they have a one way system in place, with arrows on the floor and indicators to make sure you stand 2m away from others. He said about 10% of people are following it. I hope they implement it properly and MAKE people follow it.

Also, I have to say that i’m totally here for that type of system after this virus, too! Hate people who wander aimlessly round the shop and don’t write their list in perfect store order 😂 .... just me, then?!
OMG its one of my pet hates when people keep going back for an item they've missed. Esp if its the shop you've done your food shop in for the past 10 yrs how can you not know the layout? 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This story was particular sad. Being mixed with a black mother I have a constantly fobbed off when she's been ill. She had pneumonia and was told she was "being dramatic". This isn't unknown knowledge that some people aren't taking as seriously by medical staff.

I just pray she'll be ok in these times. I hope everyone is tbh

Sorry - but are you saying that because of the colour of your skin, you have been fobbed off? Surely you can put a complaint in if that is the case?

Reactions: 6
A friends neighbours both who work for nhs both have suspected coronavirus waiting for test to be done 😐 really brings it home when it's people you know

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Have woken up with a sore throat and a temperature. Marvellous. Hope they get a wriggle on with these antibody tests. 😬😷

• Sad
Reactions: 10
My mums friend has got it but she didnt get the sore throat just headache and muscle pains.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Article and comments like this I think are going to become the main conversation when the crisis is over and we're dealing with the repercussions.

There was an opportunity during 2008 to try and address the growing intergenerational imbalance. But sadly they weren't addressed and instead widened.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

no thats me too. my husbands lists give me rage ! i have to re write them before i go. has to be approx store order..fruit n veg , meat, chilled, frozen last ! 😂

• Heart
Anyone else got IBS that's triggered by stress? Because duck me my stomach is horrendous right now, the only bonus being I'm going to end up thin from the constant upset tummy 😭😭
Literally waking up every morning with dread and anxiety is unbearable.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
no thats me too. my husbands lists give me rage ! i have to re write them before i go. has to be approx store order..fruit n veg , meat, chilled, frozen last ! 😂
Omg yes! My hubby does fruit, then meat, then skips across to toiletries then back to chilled 😩 drives me nuts!!

• Haha
Have woken up with a sore throat and a temperature. Marvellous. Hope they get a wriggle on with these antibody tests. 😬😷
Hope you feel better soon!

Anyone else got IBS that's triggered by stress? Because duck me my stomach is horrendous right now, the only bonus being I'm going to end up thin from the constant upset tummy 😭😭
I have Colitis so I know how you feel. My stomach is constantly in knots, it's horrible!

milk and ice cream is good for calming IBS.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.