Coronavirus disease support

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would. I don't get it. Where I live, they are testing most people. This is making me really angry.
Ill ring them back and see what they say. Its such a nightmare. My Dad has COPD so I would like to know one way or the other.

Reactions: 4
I know this is going to sound totally selfish but I work in health and social care in a hospital. I’m not a nurse and I’m my opinion my job isn’t strictly “essential” especially in these times. However I do have daily contact with patients and other staff who are involved in looking after patients with the virus. I really do not want to go to work anymore. I have 4 young kids at home ranging from 8 to 1 and my partner has an underlying condition that would put him at higher risk if he contracted the virus. If I brought it home to them I would never forgive myself. I don’t have anywhere else to stay to keep away from them (our families live in another country) and also do not want to live away from my children nd partner for an indefinite period of time. I feel physically sick at the thought of going to work, I actually sat in the car and cried before going in to work today. At the same time I see how other people (not just health care but supermarket workers, delivery drivers etc) are being so courageous and brave and going to work day after day and I feel so guilty for just wanting to isolate at home and keep safe. I feel like I’m bordering on a total breakdown, I have honestly never felt so stressed or conflicted in my life. Not really sure what the point of this post is, guess I just wanted to get it off my chest.
Hello, first time poster ☺ I’m a teacher with bad asthma and have felt like this all last week and the beginning of this week. I was so stressed that even my eyelashes started to fall out 😓 The bottom of my right eye is bald now. I don’t really have any advice about what to do in your situation except maybe share your anxieties with a colleague or manager? You never know maybe they could do something to help you feel a bit better about going in or change your duties? When it was announced that vulnerable people with underlying health conditions should work from home I was so relieved. I work in Primary 1 so am regularly coughed/ sneezed on so this was a big thing for me. I take my hat off to all the front line workers for their bravery during this difficult time. You are all doing an amazing job and we appreciate it 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

If you are anxious and need to chill out I highly recommend this video. It's my go-to short practice, super short and mostly lying down 🧘‍♀️🥰

Reactions: 1
Been isloating and keeping away from my mum since last week and she has been isolating too , just spoke to her and she tells me she has a sore throat.
She is nearly 70 with a conditions which make her very vulnerable and i am absolutely terrified right now.
Just needed to share that as i am home alone with my baby.

I’ve been added to a work group chat this morning after being off for a few days on leave, and oh my Christ I can’t even describe what is happening in our hospital. I can’t breath with my anxiety right now. 😭😭😭

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
After the announcement on Friday my head is all over the place. At work, we were informed our hours would be reduced by half. However, this was prior to the announcement in the PM. Will we be eligible for the grant to cover our some of our wage? Or does that not meet the criteria. HELP.

I wish they would stop changing their minds with the advice on how isolated you should keep yourself. I’m pregnant and from Thursday I haven’t been out except for walking the dogs in quiet areas-I have seen things suggesting I should be self isolating for 12 weeks and then other things saying that’s only for people who are extremely vulnerable? Not that I was planning on doing much else of course but I’m meant to be back at work after Easter and not sure what to do.

Reactions: 5
I think I'm in war mode to be honest. It sounds silly when I write it down like this, but I just feel fierce and angry, and want it all to be over so that nobody has to hurt or be upset anymore. I'm doing what I'm told (while muttering under my breath) in the vain hope that anything I do will make this nightmare pass quickly for us all. I want to hug everyone, while yelling at the idiots who are so blasé and skipping along the hedgerows picking daisies. Don't know where I'm going with this, tbh...…(apart from across the kitchen to pick up the wine bottle!), but just trying to fix my thoughts on how I feel right now. :confused:

Reactions: 18
I think I'm in war mode to be honest. It sounds silly when I write it down like this, but I just feel fierce and angry, and want it all to be over so that nobody has to hurt or be upset anymore. I'm doing what I'm told (while muttering under my breath) in the vain hope that anything I do will make this nightmare pass quickly for us all. I want to hug everyone, while yelling at the idiots who are so blasé and skipping along the hedgerows picking daisies. Don't know where I'm going with this, tbh...…(apart from across the kitchen to pick up the wine bottle!), but just trying to fix my thoughts on how I feel right now. :confused:
I’m with you - no words of wisdom but wine helps. You can only do what is within your power. Try to stay positive and visualise the end of all of this. You’re not alone in your emotions. 💕

Reactions: 6
OK so I feel very anxious this evening. Somebody shared a video to Facebook about not being able to breathe and every since I keep feeling like I can’t breathe (it’s ALL anxiety). I wish people wouldn’t share this stuff. I feel like I’m about to have an anxiety attack...
Or I can’t clear my throat 😤

Anybody got any tips on how to calm anxiety and sleep well. I haven’t had the news on tonight because I’m too scared to listen to it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Can anyone clarify something for me as I'm feeling very confused. I have cancer and am self isolating. My husband is a key worker and at this moment in time has no choice but to work. Should we be staying away from one another? He's moved downstairs and I'm currently upstairs but during the days when he's at work I have to be downstairs to look after my children. We don't know what to do

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Can anyone clarify something for me as I'm feeling very confused. I have cancer and am self isolating. My husband is a key worker and at this moment in time has no choice but to work. Should we be staying away from one another? He's moved downstairs and I'm currently upstairs but during the days when he's at work I have to be downstairs to look after my children. We don't know what to do
It’s on the gov U.K. site under the vulnerable list, advice for those you live with.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
How on earth do I get my parents to take this seriously? They are in their 80s. They both had hospital appts. this past week. My dad went out for vegetables and eggs and couldn't find any so he ended up trying 4 different supermarkets. He still didn't get any vegetables and eggs. Thanks, people. :mad: BTW, he didn't wash his hands when he got in from the multiple supermarket trip because he "forgot". :sick:

I live in the US, and they live in the UK and I usually do online grocery shops for them up until a few weeks back when everything was running out. I used a private food company last week to send them fresh soups and overpriced grocery stuff and she didn't want eggs then because "they don't eat many eggs". :rolleyes: Their neighbor kindly got them milk and cereal but they forgot to ask for eggs and vegetables....or rather didn't want to bother her with a bigger list. I understand that. 😬 Another elderly neighbor goes out to the shops every day 'for company' and comes round to visit them weekly. 😐

I am honestly losing my mind over them because they really think they are all immune to it. Their behaviour is just stupid and irresponsible and it's driving me nuts. :cautious::oops:

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Today my anxiety has hit bad and I feel so anxious I could have a panic attack, I’ve been doing well until now. I have an anxiety disorder so this is sending it high again.

I want the simple life again, I won’t ever take a minute for granted. The mundane tasks like going to the shops, popping to the post office, doing the dreaded weekly shop, taking the kids to school, I will enjoy. I want to wake up again without this dread hanging over me. All the excessive cleaning, hand washing and nagging the kids about the importance of staying home and washing their hands to stop. I want the waking in utter disbelief that this is really happening to be a distant memory. We’re all feeling the same way I’m sure.

I am feeling really scared today. My husband is the only family I really have and I’m afraid of losing him 😢He has asthma. He’s going out to a chemist today to collect my medications and I’m feeling scared about him going. I’m worried sick him going out for me to do things like that because I can’t get out as I don’t drive and have health problems myself. It’s hit me hard today if l lost him or he lost me what it would do to us and our children. Very morbid I know but my anxiety is beating me up Today 😢😢😢

How on earth do I get my parents to take this seriously? They are in their 80s. They both had hospital appts. this past week. My dad went out for vegetables and eggs and couldn't find any so he ended up trying 4 different supermarkets. He still didn't get any vegetables and eggs. Thanks, people. :mad: BTW, he didn't wash his hands when he got in from the multiple supermarket trip because he "forgot". :sick:

I live in the US, and they live in the UK and I usually do online grocery shops for them up until a few weeks back when everything was running out. I used a private food company last week to send them fresh soups and overpriced grocery stuff and she didn't want eggs then because "they don't eat many eggs". :rolleyes: Their neighbor kindly got them milk and cereal but they forgot to ask for eggs and vegetables....or rather didn't want to bother her with a bigger list. I understand that. 😬 Another elderly neighbor goes out to the shops every day 'for company' and comes round to visit them weekly. 😐

I am honestly losing my mind over them because they really think they are all immune to it. Their behaviour is just stupid and irresponsible and it's driving me nuts. :cautious::oops:
My mum is late 60s and step dad is too, he has diabetes and neither are isolating. Mum said he would drive her nuts if she stayed in. She has my siblings over and all their kids every day. My siblings are plain stupid and selfish, one is a nurse fgs. My mum babysits for her most days, putting her husband at risk. They are so blasé. Yesterday they all went out to a busy country park, mixing with people in close contact. I give up trying to make her see sense.

My grandmother is 91, she’s self isolating and hasn’t even questioned it, she has sense.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
I have literally been crying ALL DAY I got sent home from work early I’m just so anxious.
I work for a government department and I’m helping a lot of Vulnerable people at the moment, on top of trying to keep my parents safe (I live with them) by washing hands constantly, and also just trying to keep sane. On top of that my boyfriend and I just made a painful decision to not see each other until this is all over and I don’t know when the hell that will be
My face resembles a beef tomato right now I hate this so much

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Ive been in isolation for 7 days now and my mental health is really suffering today 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’m really struggling today, read a story about a local man who passed with no health issues. Really scared me. This is so hard.

Reactions: 2