Contraceptive Pills

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I came off the pill after long term use as it ended in me have a cervical ectropian. Pill basically caused my cervix to wear away - common and nothing life threatenin - but caused bleeding after sex which is just inconvenient and not nice for my bf. Pill also turned me nutty each month and my poor bf didn’t know if he was coming or going!
Would definitely recommend alternative to the pill!
I had the bleeding bit also and was referred to gynae who said it was my cervix...no mention of the pill though but now I’m wondering if it is.

I had my baby 7 months ago and went back on the pill 5 months ago approx. I managed to lose my baby weight in those two months after giving birth but as soon as I started the pill again, I put a stone on and didn’t change my diet. Stopped the pill last week of my own accord and have already lost 3lbof that weight despite eating the same.

I had the bleeding bit also and was referred to gynae who said it was my cervix...no mention of the pill though but now I’m wondering if it is.

I had my baby 7 months ago and went back on the pill 5 months ago approx. I managed to lose my baby weight in those two months after giving birth but as soon as I started the pill again, I put a stone on and didn’t change my diet. Stopped the pill last week of my own accord and have already lost 3lbof that weight despite eating the same.
I had to go to hosp for a scan and internal swab/exam and was advised by doctor it was usually due to long term use of the pill. So I stopped the pill that same day. But luckily nothing life threatening and doesn’t turn in to anything more sinister 😊

Is anyone else on Yasmin? How do you guys find it? 🙃
I was on this a few years ago to stop spots, but found it weaker than microgynon and kept spotting. Wasn’t for me but I know someone who swears by it. All depends on your body and how it reacts to it. If you find one right for you, stick to it - my doctor tried to change mine a few times but I stuck to microgynon/leveste (same ingredients, different name).

Reactions: 1
Is anyone else on Yasmin? How do you guys find it? 🙃
Was on it for about 6 months when I was young (think 18/19) - made me so nauseous I could barely eat anything! Had to come off it in the end cos I was losing weight (at the time I was skinny anyway, I mean.... I’d quite welcome this side effect now lol). No one else seems to get this side effect from it though.

On yasmin after years of suffering with bad acne on my back and chest it took 5 months 2 clear up I nearly cried when I seen my clear back I've had no probs with it I find it amazing for my periods after goin through so many pills this was the one for me the rest used 2 give awful headaches just didmt agree with me but my time is nearly up on it as doc only recommended 5 yrs for me

On yasmin after years of suffering with bad acne on my back and chest it took 5 months 2 clear up I nearly cried when I seen my clear back I've had no probs with it I find it amazing for my periods after goin through so many pills this was the one for me the rest used 2 give awful headaches just didmt agree with me but my time is nearly up on it as doc only recommended 5 yrs for me
Why only 5 years? I’m looking for a new pill but I’m old (43).

Why only 5 years? I’m looking for a new pill but I’m old (43).
She just said 5 years was recommended if I could stay on it forever I would 😁 I went on it after I had my son but I think the other half will be goin for snip were only 32 and 2 kids

I posted on here how I was suffering with chronic back ache after giving birth and going back on rigevidon. I decided to come off the pill last month and I’ve not had any back ache whatsoever with my period this month. Not sure if just a coincidence but I’m hoping it continues!

Reactions: 2
i was on yasmin for about a year.I wasn't having proper withdrawal bleeds and soreness .I am now on Rivedigon it seems to take me about 5 days to my withdrawal bleed but other than that i feel ok.

I’ve been on the mini pill for over a year now and it’s worked so well, I still got periods but they were normal and then from March to August I had no period, then about two weeks ago I got a terrible period out of nowhere, it lasted about 5 days and then stopped and now I have a period again so not sure why? If I should change up my pill or look into getting the implant or something? Can people let me know their thoughts please?

I’ve been on the mini pill for over a year now and it’s worked so well, I still got periods but they were normal and then from March to August I had no period, then about two weeks ago I got a terrible period out of nowhere, it lasted about 5 days and then stopped and now I have a period again so not sure why? If I should change up my pill or look into getting the implant or something? Can people let me know their thoughts please?
Speak to your doctor

Yeah I’m going to just still hard to get an appointment at the minute.
They should do phone appointments - that’s a good start to discuss at least. If they think you need a face to face appointment, they should book one 🙂

• Heart
I’ve been on the pill for 11 years. Been taking Cilest for most of it and not had any issues luckily. I’m single after being in a long-term relationship and not looking for any relationships soon - just debating if I should come off the pill now. Has anyone experienced this?

Has anyone had an experience of coming off the pill, just because they want to know themselves off it? I’ve been on the pill for about 11 years now (Rigevidon) since I was a teen and I’ve often wondered if it affected my mental / my weight etc. I went on it to control some heavy and painful periods. I have zero period pain now but every month I think about stopping it. There’s no chance of me getting pregnant as I’m not sexually active right now, would love to hear anyone’s thoughts or experiences.
Yes and I’d never go back on the pill again. The downsides of being off it for me are: painful boobs and sometimes PMS, however I feel in control of my emotions now and that massively outweighs those pros. I feel like the pill (I was on three different ones over the course of 11 years) played havoc with my hormones and as a result my emotions and mental health. I wasn’t me, but I didn’t realise quite how not me I was until I stopped taking it.

Reactions: 4
What contraception did you use once coming off the pill?

Me too. I was really nervous having been on the yasmin pill for 10+ years but it’s been amazing. No side effects, no bleeding, and my mood feels a little better too. Just a bit uncomfortable being fitted but it only takes a few minutes
I have the mirena coil which is just for 5 years. The best thing I ever did. I've had no side effects

Has anyone had any serious complication whilst taking Rigevidon?

My neice (16) went for an eye test a couple of weeks ago, she had been having migraines which were making her vomit and vision issues. The optician sent her for an urgent review at our local hospital as they could see her optic nerves were swollen.

The appointment came through this week and they discovered a build up of pressure in her brain. After a CT scan and a lumber puncture to drain fluid and release the pressure they have diagnosed IIH - Idiopathic intracranial hypertension. This is where fluid builds up around the brain it causes swelling of the optic nerve and can cause you to go blind as well as other serious issues ie death. It can be caused by the combined pill.

Fortunately they won't have to operate at this moment but she has been sent home now with medication and is awaiting an appointment with a Neurologist.

After reading up and googling (as you do) I am absolutely shocked to find similar stories or worse about this brand of pill and some are wanting it banned altogether.

She was prescribed it for heavy prolonged periods around 9 months ago.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Has anyone had any serious complication whilst taking Rigevidon?

My neice (16) went for an eye test a couple of weeks ago, she had been having migraines which were making her vomit and vision issues. The optician sent her for an urgent review at our local hospital as they could see her optic nerves were swollen.

The appointment came through this week and they discovered a build up of pressure in her brain. After a CT scan and a lumber puncture to drain fluid and release the pressure they have diagnosed IIH - Idiopathic intracranial hypertension. This is where fluid builds up around the brain it causes swelling of the optic nerve and can cause you to go blind as well as other serious issues ie death. It can be caused by the combined pill.

Fortunately they won't have to operate at this moment but she has been sent home now with medication and is awaiting an appointment with a Neurologist.

After reading up and googling (as you do) I am absolutely shocked to find similar stories or worse about this brand of pill and some are wanting it banned altogether.

She was prescribed it for heavy prolonged periods around 9 months ago.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

I have been on it since 2018 and have had no issues so far. I had a lot of issue with yasmin though .

I was on Rigevidon for years with no issues at all, other than terrible moodswings but like any medication, I guess people react differently. I'm really sorry to hear your niece is going through this though! I hope she recovers soon x