Contraceptive Pills

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really random but does anyone know how to bring on your period?
I’m a few days late and we are due to go to A holiday let ( with a pool) on Thursday. My periods don’t last long 3-4 days but I was hoping to be on and finished by Thursday as it’s one less thing to worry about 😭 I read to have vitamin C and pineapple but not sure if this is true or if it’s even possible but worth asking! I had a UTI yesterday (thankfully clearing up) so maybe that can make me late?
Is this a joke question?

No, of course not. Pineapple? What a load of rubbish.

Perhaps a pregnancy test?

Reactions: 1
Is this a joke question?

I did think that - always used to work for me because I was usually late because I was stressing I might be pregnant :ROFLMAO: OP, can you get a pill from the GP to delay it over your holiday?

Honestly, having a coil fitted does not hurt.
I dont know where that comes from. I was bricking my self and didn't feel a thing. Maybe tmi but I'd just come off my period so the nurse said your cervix is alot softer so easier to fit.

I dont know where that comes from. I was bricking my self and didn't feel a thing. Maybe tmi but I'd just come off my period so the nurse said your cervix is alot softer so easier to fit.
The two girls I know who had it said it only hurt a bit to get put in but they both had horrendous cramps and issues with it afterwards. The thought of a poky piece of plastic or metal being stuck in my uterus makes me feel a bit sick. I know everyone is different and has different pain tolerances though so probably just varies. It’s not something I’d personally ever bother with.

The two girls I know who had it said it only hurt a bit to get put in but they both had horrendous cramps and issues with it afterwards. The thought of a poky piece of plastic or metal being stuck in my uterus makes me feel a bit sick. I know everyone is different and has different pain tolerances though so probably just varies. It’s not something I’d personally ever bother with.
Yeah same, and I think some people might just have issues with it where others don't. My smear test was horribly painful (not being a wuss, I nearly passed out on the bus home) but most people have no issues.

I tried to have a coil fitted once. The clamp on my cervix was the most intense pain. The woman doing it really struggled to get it on. There was a lot of blood. They gave up in the end. I actually thought I might faint. It was awful.

I had the coil put in 2013.. had to have it removed as it was awful. They had to induce my cervix and use forceps to remove it as it was too far inlodged. Everyone gets on differently with contraception but it’s worth doing research Oxford uni showed a link between the coil and infertility in younger women.

i currently have the implant so can’t take a pill to bring it on. I had read pineapple can bring it on but guess it’s like pineapple bringing on labour which is a wives tale.
Is this a joke question?

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Yea my period were awful for about 3 months. Also having two kids (fitted shorty after second) ment my cervix was alot softer. On the mini pill I gained about 2 stone and turned into a physco 😬 Everyones different.

I feel unable to lose weight on Rigevidon and also agree with the low libido on it too.

Agree with this. Started on Microgynon (don't ask me why I changed) but I then changed to the implant which was HELL. After begging them to take it out, I went onto Loestrin 20 and eventually 30 which was fine, still gave me the odd moodswings but I am fine with that, but a good 8 months ago I was told they are no longer prescribing it so I was put on Rigevidon, seems ok so far. I have put on abit of weight but I think that's more due to lockdown!

Agree with this. Started on Microgynon (don't ask me why I changed) but I then changed to the implant which was HELL. After begging them to take it out, I went onto Loestrin 20 and eventually 30 which was fine, still gave me the odd moodswings but I am fine with that, but a good 8 months ago I was told they are no longer prescribing it so I was put on Rigevidon, seems ok so far. I have put on abit of weight but I think that's more due to lockdown!
I was devastated by the Loestrin 30 news! I tried Rigevidon & one other pill but I had periods again (none on Loestrin) and they were even worse than when I’m not on the pill. I’ve given up on the pill again 😞

Hi all,

I’ve been on the pill for 12 years. Most of it I was on microgynon but 2 years ago I switched to Rigevidon. I’m curious to see what others think of it? Since being on it I find it very hard to lose weight, I’ve definitely had more “blue” episodes and I’m convinced it’s played havoc with my libido. I want to go see my doctor as soon as we’re able to. Always been so shy about it, whenever I’ve had my checkups I say “yeah I’m fine” and no one pushes it.

has anyone else had the same? If so, did you change to a different pill and which ones?
I was on the implant for 9 years since I was 16 & decided to have a break from it in the hopes that my weight, libido & mood would change. Turns out without it if still fat & depressed with no sex drive :LOL:

Honestly though I think it's good to take a break for 6-12 months just to see what your body is like especially if you've been on it from such a young age. If you're not sexually active right now & don't feel like you will be for a while what harm can it do?

Since I feel no different I might go back to the implant although i'm tempted to go for the coil/IUD but i'm terrified of bad side effects!

Really random but does anyone know how to bring on your period?
I’m a few days late and we are due to go to A holiday let ( with a pool) on Thursday. My periods don’t last long 3-4 days but I was hoping to be on and finished by Thursday as it’s one less thing to worry about 😭 I read to have vitamin C and pineapple but not sure if this is true or if it’s even possible but worth asking! I had a UTI yesterday (thankfully clearing up) so maybe that can make me late?
You can get pill from the GP/pharmacist to stop your period if it starts whilst you're on holiday.

I was on the implant for 9 years since I was 16 & decided to have a break from it in the hopes that my weight, libido & mood would change. Turns out without it if still fat & depressed with no sex drive :LOL:

Honestly though I think it's good to take a break for 6-12 months just to see what your body is like especially if you've been on it from such a young age. If you're not sexually active right now & don't feel like you will be for a while what harm can it do?

Since I feel no different I might go back to the implant although i'm tempted to go for the coil/IUD but i'm terrified of bad side effects!

You can get pill from the GP/pharmacist to stop your period if it starts whilst you're on holiday.
Brilliant thank you,Do you know what is it called? X

Does anybody get horrendous back ache on Rigevidon?

I had a baby 7 months ago but before that I never suffered with period pains or back pain. Now I suffer really badly the week before and the week I’m on. I’m also finding it really hard to lose weight now that I’m back on the pill.

Does anybody get horrendous back ache on Rigevidon?

I had a baby 7 months ago but before that I never suffered with period pains or back pain. Now I suffer really badly the week before and the week I’m on. I’m also finding it really hard to lose weight now that I’m back on the pill.

I have had back pain lately but I just thought it was because I've recently returned to work after being indoors most of the day on furlough. I get an odd pain near my armpit when I'm on my 7 day break, but that could be because of pill free week?

I’d love to just go off it for a year but I’m in a long term relationship and we don’t know if we want kids.. and if so not in the next 5 or so years. My partner is allergic to latex and so it adds all the more complications! I’ve found my side effects are much worse when I don’t take my “break” between pills if I want to skip a period so I just need to be more aware of that going forward.
I’m going to ask to switch back to microgynon when I go back to the doctors.

I'm still having issues with finding a suitable contraception, been struggling with it on and off for 10 years. Reading these comments makes me so cross that the onus is almost always on women to put all this stuff in our bodies to prevent pregnancy 🙄

Reactions: 3

Oh no I was hoping I’d lose some weight coming off the implant 😭😂 just to clarify after my comment below I won’t be having sex off BC lol

I'm still having issues with finding a suitable contraception, been struggling with it on and off for 10 years. Reading these comments makes me so cross that the onus is almost always on women to put all this stuff in our bodies to prevent pregnancy 🙄
This probably sounds extreme but I’ve told my BF after I have two kids I’m getting my tubes tied and he has to get the snip, I’m not having any accidents later on lol I’m paranoid though

I had the worst side effects with Microgynon. It turned me into an absolute psycho!! PMS was awful, mood swings were awful, I'm surprised my boyfriend (now husband) stuck by me I was that awful at times and sometimes I didn't even realise how horrible I had been!!! My doctor told me I was having psychotic episodes and it couldn't possibly be the pill... I got referred to a psychologist, etc. who told me I had depressive tendencies, but I wasn't psychotic. She also said that it was possibly the pill, so I decided to just come off it all together and see what happened. I returned to my normal self within a month or so. My depression disappeared and I was my happy self again. It was like the fog lifted. The doctor still claims that it was nothing to do with the pill and me session with the psychologist helped... He is no longer my GP.

I knew there were different types of the pill so it didn't put me off trying a new one bcus lets face it... if you're in a long-term relationship condoms are most definitely a faff. Cerazette turned my back into a map of every single mountain and hill on Earth and my skin was a frying pan. Got put onto Norgeston which I LOVED. I lost a tit load of weight too and I didn't change my eating, etc. Was on that for two years and then got told they no longer manufacture it....... handy. Now I'm on Noriday which I believe is similar to Norgeston. Only thing is I've definitely put on some weight with this pill (and no, my diet hasn't changed), but that's the only side effect so far!

Reactions: 3
I came off the pill after long term use as it ended in me have a cervical ectropian. Pill basically caused my cervix to wear away - common and nothing life threatenin - but caused bleeding after sex which is just inconvenient and not nice for my bf. Pill also turned me nutty each month and my poor bf didn’t know if he was coming or going!
Would definitely recommend alternative to the pill!