Contraceptive Pills

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been on the pill cerelle for about 3 years now, apart from the odd missed period ( down to stress) I’ve pretty much been ok. However I started my last period the 30 th of march all fine, lasted about 5/6 days. Then on the 17th of April I started bleeding again, I was abit concerned because I’d obviously only had a period two weeks before that, it started to gradually get lighter after a few days like it was going but then got worse again, everytime i wipe there is blood not loads to the point I need proper pads on but I am having to wear daily liners. I’m currently away so can’t get to the doctors but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what it potentially could be?

Reactions: 1
Has anyone had any serious complication whilst taking Rigevidon?

My neice (16) went for an eye test a couple of weeks ago, she had been having migraines which were making her vomit and vision issues. The optician sent her for an urgent review at our local hospital as they could see her optic nerves were swollen.

The appointment came through this week and they discovered a build up of pressure in her brain. After a CT scan and a lumber puncture to drain fluid and release the pressure they have diagnosed IIH - Idiopathic intracranial hypertension. This is where fluid builds up around the brain it causes swelling of the optic nerve and can cause you to go blind as well as other serious issues ie death. It can be caused by the combined pill.

Fortunately they won't have to operate at this moment but she has been sent home now with medication and is awaiting an appointment with a Neurologist.

After reading up and googling (as you do) I am absolutely shocked to find similar stories or worse about this brand of pill and some are wanting it banned altogether.

She was prescribed it for heavy prolonged periods around 9 months ago.

Anyone had any similar experiences?
Been on it for about 4 years now , no issues whatsoever
Hope you get sorted

I’ve been on the pill cerelle for about 3 years now, apart from the odd missed period ( down to stress) I’ve pretty much been ok. However I started my last period the 30 th of march all fine, lasted about 5/6 days. Then on the 17th of April I started bleeding again, I was abit concerned because I’d obviously only had a period two weeks before that, it started to gradually get lighter after a few days like it was going but then got worse again, everytime i wipe there is blood not loads to the point I need proper pads on but I am having to wear daily liners. I’m currently away so can’t get to the doctors but just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what it potentially could be?
I has this once and it was a grazed cervix... must have been a bit vigorous one time then it kept getting aggravated so wouldn't heal 😂

To be honest it could be lots of things, mostly innocent, I wouldn't worry too much and get checked out when you can.

• Heart
My periods were all over the place when I was on Cerelle. Had to come off it in the end as I'd ended up with a 3 week period which was quite heavy.

Reactions: 2
Hi, sorry to pull up old/dead thread!

I've been on microgynon for about a year but 2x I've had months long spotting and it's just such a pain I need to switch but I find it so frustrating that I could just be stuck trying pills over and over again and they might all cause the same side effects!

Hi, sorry to pull up old/dead thread!

I've been on microgynon for about a year but 2x I've had months long spotting and it's just such a pain I need to switch but I find it so frustrating that I could just be stuck trying pills over and over again and they might all cause the same side effects!
Have you spoken to a doctor about the spotting?

Only just found this thread but thought I'd share my experience with Lucette as I've seen a few comments on here about random spotting.
So I'd been on Lucette for around 6/7 years and I'd always had water infections to the point where after many doctor & hospital appointments/tests after been told it could be my underwear, the way I wipe, diet, STI, I was eventually told I was "just one of those unlucky girls" and there was no reason for my constant UTI's. I'd get an infection every few weeks but they became lot more regular. I was eventually prescribed antibiotics to take after sex (so every time I'd have sex I would need to take antibiotics) I did this for around 2 years. Around Christmas time 2021 I had started getting spotting in between periods and in all honesty I had thought it could be linked to the COVID vaccine as I'd seen some women saying they had started getting irregular periods. Anyway I then started bleeding during and after sex as well as been in pain. It cam to February 2022 and it was my smear test (I'd had 2 previously and never been fazed by them) but this time it really hurt to the point I flinched and then after the nurse asked me when my last period was and if I was due on because I had bleed, I ended up telling her about my spotting and pain during sex and she told me I had 'cervical ectropion" where hard cells grow on the outside of the cervix and bleed when they're aggravated so during sex and in this case during my smear. The nurse said the contraceptive pill causes this so to look at other options of contraception as it could go away on it's own. I went home and spoke with my partner and I made the decision I would completely come off contraception. Anyway the bleeding and pain all stopped but also so did my constant UTI's. I haven't taken an antibiotic or had a UTI since coming off Lucette in February 2022. At no point did any doctor suggest my pill could be causing the constant infections and I had never put the timing of starting the pill & the start of my infections together.
---
Also to add just in conversation a few months ago my sister was saying her friends gets constant UTI's and has been bleeding after sex so I happened to mention how I hadn't had one in over a year since I came off the pill and then it turned out her friend is also on Lucette

Last edited:
  • Wow