Constance Marten case - missing mum

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone been reading about this case? A mum is missing with her baby, it seems that she gave birth with no medical assistance.
It's obvious there is a LOT more to the case that isn't being reported, because they want her to reappear.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I've been seeing articles about this too, I don't know anything about it but I'd guess they may have had a child removed from their care in the past, hence the concern. Also there is a picture of her with another little boy and the picture is labelled as Constance with her son. If that is her son, then it seems the little boy in the picture is not with them at the moment, which is another indicator for that to be the case.

Reactions: 19
Yes, read the article the other day and my local police force had shared it on Facebook asking for information. Lots in the comments reckon they don't want to be found.

Why on earth we need to see photos of her great-great relatives etc I don't know

Reactions: 11
I've been seeing articles about this too, I don't know anything about it but I'd guess they may have had a child removed from their care in the past, hence the concern. Also there is a picture of her with another little boy and the picture is labelled as Constance with her son. If that is her son, then it seems the little boy in the picture is not with them at the moment, which is another indicator for that to be the case.
I was confused by that photo initially too, I think you're right that is a different child.

Yes, read the article the other day and my local police force had shared it on Facebook asking for information. Lots in the comments reckon they don't want to be found.

Why on earth we need to see photos of her great-great relatives etc I don't know
It makes for a more 'attention grabbing' story when the royal connection is mentioned. That's probably a good thing for the child involved in this case, but sadly other cases (where there is no famous relative) might not get the same attention.

Reactions: 6
She’s from an extremely wealthy family.
Very odd. I think she must have been due to have the baby taken away at birth, so has run instead.

Reactions: 21
It's an exceptionally strange story but I imagine the things we aren't being told would make it make sense. I can't understand why the authorities are always so cagey now. It seems extremely counterproductive to ask the public for help but refuse to share any info that might help explain a situation. They seem to do this by default with all cases now and while I understand respect people's privacy and sensitive issues that might not be appropriate to be shared with a wider audience, it's getting silly.

Reactions: 16
Has anyone been reading about this case? A mum is missing with her baby, it seems that she gave birth with no medical assistance.
It's obvious there is a LOT more to the case that isn't being reported, because they want her to reappear.

this is very bizarre.
It’s the fact for me that there is a massive manhunt by police for this baby. Police have apparently checked every single hotel in Colchester.
And yet there is no criminal or crimes confirmed or anything like that?
And yet we are led to believe this is because the mother has not sought medical attention for her baby.
I found her mothers Facebook profile that’s where daily mail took the photos from and the baby on there pictured was taken a few years ago.
My thoughts are that the first baby was removed and they had plans to remove this baby hence why she possibly running.
I hope they are well, all I can honestly say with this country is that we are the only ones which hold family court proceedings parents vs local authority in private secret courts. Even if this woman wanted to tell a journalist why she running or not interacting with the police it would never be reported. The stories that have come out over the years like years ago the pregnant Italian woman who became manic and had her baby removed via c section against consent and adopted ONLY came out because the Italian government and press went mad. Ive worked with social care it is a mess majority of social workers are now locum temps in child protection in unsafe conditions like nursing managing 45 cases, there’s a huge shortage and there is no money or time dedicated to keeping mothers or families with blood relatives. It’s cheaper and easier to adopt a baby.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Drugs or violence...?
Medical attention could be crucial if drugs are involved. Found the wording regarding newborn medical attention a bit odd and that's the massive conclusion I jumped to.
But I can absolutely understand the fear a pregnant woman would have if another child had been removed.
No charges just concerns for welfare? If she's of sound mind, safe and substance or alcohol free she should keep running.

Reactions: 15
Wonder if the Mail are hinting at something here?

Her father, Napier Marten, was a page to Queen Elizabeth, and gave up the £115million family fortune, saying a voice in his head told him 'to shave my head and go to Australia'.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Wonder if the Mail are hinting at something here?
What do you think they're hinting at?

this is very bizarre.
It’s the fact for me that there is a massive manhunt by police for this baby. Police have apparently checked every single hotel in Colchester.
And yet there is no criminal or crimes confirmed or anything like that?
And yet we are led to believe this is because the mother has not sought medical attention for her baby.
I found her mothers Facebook profile that’s where daily mail took the photos from and the baby on there pictured was taken a few years ago.
My thoughts are that the first baby was removed and they had plans to remove this baby hence why she possibly running.
I hope they are well, all I can honestly say with this country is that we are the only ones which hold family court proceedings parents vs local authority in private secret courts. Even if this woman wanted to tell a journalist why she running or not interacting with the police it would never be reported. The stories that have come out over the years like years ago the pregnant Italian woman who became manic and had her baby removed via c section against consent and adopted ONLY came out because the Italian government and press went mad. Ive worked with social care it is a mess majority of social workers are now locum temps in child protection in unsafe conditions like nursing managing 45 cases, there’s a huge shortage and there is no money or time dedicated to keeping mothers or families with blood relatives. It’s cheaper and easier to adopt a baby.
The last post on her Facebook page with the older child is from 2020. I'm guessing he was removed from her.

Reactions: 7
What do you think they're hinting at?

The last post on her Facebook page with the older child is from 2020. I'm guessing he was removed from her.
Between voices in the head and bizarre behaviour, what do you think it sounds like? To me it sounds like mental illness in the family. Not particularly unusual for the inbred upper crust but it could be a reason to lose a child, particularly if medication is refused.

Reactions: 15
Between voices in the head and bizarre behaviour, what do you think it sounds like? To me it sounds like mental illness in the family. Not particularly unusual for the inbred upper crust but it could be a reason to lose a child, particularly if medication is refused.
that Was my thoughts too

Reactions: 2
A lot doesn’t make sense and so vague. I hope the baby is okay and mum gets the support she needs. Find it very strange how they shoe horn “wealthy” into the headline.
Would they do the same with “poor” 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
A lot doesn’t make sense and so vague. I hope the baby is okay and mum gets the support she needs. Find it very strange how they shoe horn “wealthy” into the headline.
Exactly, her family status has nothing to do with her being missing, it's absurd that the articles go into so much family history .

Reactions: 5
Reactions: 3
To be fair, most people would look at the photo of Constance and the guy that she appears to be with, and would assume that they're not from the upper echelons of society. We make snap judgements when reading these vaguely-worded stories, I probably wasn't the only one to read the original news item and immediately think; "Druggie or serious MH issues, running from social services, probably already had a kid (or more) removed from their care, hid the pregnancy until the last minute". The fact that she comes from a wealthy background makes this story somehow more shocking. I'm not really sure why. If nothing else this week, we've certainly discovered how even the most high-ranking families have their fair share of unstable personalities, unsavoury secrets, and unwise life choices.

Reactions: 20
I mentioned this to my mum today as I’ve seen it on the news a few times. I hope all is OK.

Reactions: 1
I saw this speculation on Websleuths also. To me it doesn't look like the same person.
I saw it on Mumsnet, must be where they got it from. My initial impression was the same until I looked more closely at nose bridge, tip shape, eyebrows, asymmetric lip, flat cheekbones. Similar 'look' to the face, as in expression. Now I'm not sure.

Reactions: 2
With all the CCTV and other ways of tracking people in today's world, it seems like it should be impossible to be unable to find people in a situation such as this.

It's a worrying story. Sounds like a social services case? I just hope there will not be a tragic outcome for the mother and/or baby, which seems all too likely if they keep running.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.