Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ray_of_Sunshine

VIP Member
I read yesterday that he’d been in prison for 20 years. I did know that before but I’d forgotten quite how long it was, and quite how horrific the crimes were.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, but serious TW for details of violent assault and sexual assault.

He was only 14 when he did it. Makes me feel sick to think what that teenager could grow into. That’s what made me wonder when they were missing if he was using her to suit his own needs of money etc and placating her with babies.
He wouldn’t be anywhere near my children.
So he’s American I guess? His accent must’ve been a problem for them both whilst evading authorities. I wonder how/why he ended up over here.

Reactions: 1

pommobear

VIP Member
This was never about keeping baby Victoria, this was simply their big F YOU to authority, the pathetic idiots. She’s clearly got zero maternal instincts, she chose her violent rapist over her children every time. SS will have made her aware that him being on the sex offender registry would mean she can’t keep her children & stay with him. But she stayed with him. She was warned unsafe/unsuitable living arrangements such as living rough meant she couldn’t keep her kids, she chose to keep living rough with him despite being a millionaire. She had every opportunity at her feet to keep her children & repeatedly chose him. Victoria wasn’t her much loved baby she was desperate to keep, she was just a pawn in her pathetic F the establishment game because she’s a spoilt indulged bitch who’s lurched from one disaster to another in her very privileged gilded life. Doesn’t care about anyone but herself & her rapist. Let that baby freeze, starve & suffer to simply prove a point! Hard faced bitch now refusing to engage in her trial! Hope the jury don’t fall for any of the defence bullshit & jail her for as long as possible, him as well of course!
Was he definitely on the sex offenders registry? I hadn't seen that.

Traazers

VIP Member
The Argus are known locally for being an atrocious paper, I doubt they have a single capable journalist who could accurately cover this case.

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
They’ll be saying it’s the authorities’ fault, because if they had stayed out of it then CM and MG wouldn’t have had to flee/hide and would have been warm somewhere.

It’ll be used as ‘proof’ of how awful the authorities are.
I expect you are right, part of me would love to be nosey but I really wouldn’t be able to hold my tongue.

FFS_stopit

Marginally OT but is anyone following the BBC In Court podcast? It hasn't updated since Tuesday if I go into the BBC Sounds app. Just wanted to check in case my app is being a bit dodgy.

It's also not available on Spotify which is interesting. Can anyone with media knowledge shed light on why?
can’t shed any light but it’s the same for me

Sadsuzi

VIP Member
Hi guy's been trying to follow at work today but been super busy so catching up now. Does anyone know where to find the podcast? I believe its very good. Also been flicking from page to page to read stuff. really struggling with the Argus very little info imo. Hope everyone is ok? some very upsetting cctv clips ive seen today 😢❤
Podcast is on Spotify

Ridandroo

Chatty Member
Does anyone else find it strange that CM herself posted about her kids on Facebook with code names like cof, bty and dav? But dav looks like a girl in one pic and a little boy in another…
I can’t find her facebook page, has it been taken down or does she use an alternative name?

Just listening to the podcast. So the man in the van who pulled over to help them when their car was on fire touched Victoria’s head. Marten disputes this as she reckons she would never let someone touch her child. But he remembers it vividly (and is much more credible, let’s be honest) as he’s beat himself up over it since. He says he feels that if he would’ve stayed with them the baby may still be alive. At this point Marten’s mother shouts out “Quite!” in the court. Now, is she agreeing with the poor bloke or saying it in an accusatory way? 😳
Can you provide a link to the podcast please. I'm being a bit dim!

iieee

VIP Member
They are onto prosecution evidence now. Is there no defence lawyer for CM?

okdo2022

VIP Member
You know what, any empathy I had for her has just disappeared. I've just reread the statement from the taxi driver again about how cold it was and the baby was just in a nappy. The receptionist describing the smell that was in the room. It's shocking, absolutely shocking.

At any point she could have gone to a police station or hospital and handed herself in, im now thinking the main reason she keeps getting the children taking off her is because she is unfit to look after a child, not because she refuses to leave the convicted rapist.

They weren't running because of the unfairness ( in their opinion) of SS not allowing him to be near the child, that was my initial theory. She is a disgrace.
They couldn't even buy baby clothes, if they were worried about being spotted buying baby stuff when they were on the run she had 8/9 months to get some stuff sorted.
I'd guess that neglecting the children was a huge factor and she just kept having kids until she could keep one.
Where can I read the statement?

Thank you.
It’s because The Argus aren’t dating things. They don’t state the date of the CCTV from the petrol station

View attachment 2724408

However the defence for MG says she died on 9th.

Petrol was 12th.

View attachment 2724403
Thank you, I’m skim reading quickly and confusing myself. Have I missed her defence giving their opening statement and questioning witnesses? Only seems to be prosecution and his defence.