Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read an article recently where an onlooker had said it was unbearably cold one night they were camping out with the baby and she commented on it at the time. I feel really sad to think that she didn’t consider telling anyone who could help. Surely she could have called the local child protection services or reported a vulnerable adult?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
When you have a combination of smoke, nappies, damp unclean clothing, sanitary/maternity pads confined to a small hotel room, it won’t take much for it to stink.

Reactions: 30
Infections from retained placenta etc are pretty common, but for an infection to be so bad it leaves a lingering smell in a hotel room? She would be seriously unwell/septic. So I don’t think that quite adds up. I’m baffled as to what it might have been.
would it have been the placenta itself? Was hotel before burning car?

would it have been the placenta itself? Was hotel before burning car?
The car caught fire on Jan 5th, and the smell was reported at the premier Inn they stayed in on Jan 6th. But I guess it could have been in contact with their clothes/possessions which they took to the hotel.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Relieved to hear that the cat survived the car fire and is now safe and well. The placenta was found in the burnt out car but there is a small possibility that a small part of the placenta broke off and was retained.
If Victoria was born on 24th Dec she would have been 12 days old by the time of the car fire, and even with a lotus birth, the placenta would have detached and be stinky by that point.

Reactions: 9
When you have a combination of smoke, nappies, damp unclean clothing, sanitary/maternity pads confined to a small hotel room, it won’t take much for it to stink.

Also breast milk if she’s lacking hygiene and fresh clothing 🤢

Reactions: 4
I’m still incredulous looking at her FB page. She’s so well spoken and looks really lively and well. Where did it all go so badly wrong?

How do you turn from that into someone who can’t make the most basic rational decisions? Just through meeting a bloke? I find that wild

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Wasn't there a dog lead found as well? Wonder what happened to the dog or if that's a red herring.

I'm irritated by the court being off till Monday - why don't they just clear a judge's schedule to sit on a case until it's heard? Having been to court (as a witness and as a juror) I'm well aware this is common and have done a great deal of sitting around myself, but it just seems inefficient and unfair.

Reactions: 6
That post she was tagged in on Insta in 2014 is also pretty bizarre.

“Barbed wire and bluebells. Brentian juxtaposition”

The guy who posted it seems to be a super religious preacher-type.

This is his website: https://www.iamsomanythings.com/pages/about-us

CM follows him.

(Hope this is ok to post)
---
Wasn't there a dog lead found as well? Wonder what happened to the dog or if that's a red herring.

I'm irritated by the court being off till Monday - why don't they just clear a judge's schedule to sit on a case until it's heard? Having been to court (as a witness and as a juror) I'm well aware this is common and have done a great deal of sitting around myself, but it just seems inefficient and unfair.
Yes I read that. May have been a leash for the cat if they thought they would be on the move a lot?

Reactions: 7

I agree. It's frustrating also that we don't know why it isn't sitting.

Reactions: 3
Well just spotted that this Dominic Muir guy that CM is following on Insta is posting about being anti-choice. So if this is the kind of stuff CM believed in that would explain why she may not have believed in contraception…

Reactions: 2
I think the smell was from the pads that weren’t changed often enough. They love the woman lifestyle.
---
I read an article recently where an onlooker had said it was unbearably cold one night they were camping out with the baby and she commented on it at the time. I feel really sad to think that she didn’t consider telling anyone who could help. Surely she could have called the local child protection services or reported a vulnerable adult?
She didn’t know they were living in a tent.
She saw a tent and then she them in the park but not in the tent.
Though she also reports the baby wasn’t dressed for the weather and looked unwell/dead. In addition, she claimed in court that she recognised Gordon. I don’t understand why she didn’t call the police right away. Dead baby + known fugitive = why wouldn’t you call 999 whist still in the park?

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Yes thinking about it more there is a lot going on that would come together to contribute to a bad smell and the police said they smelt bad when they were arrested- since dealing with these sorts of people is bread and butter for the police I think it would have to be really bad for that to have been documented.
There is a particular smell to your sanitary towels post birth that lingers a few weeks. She doesn’t seem to have been documented buying any hygiene products for herself

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Without being too graphic, blood does have a smell, particularly period blood. I know how I bled after birth, I can not imagine doing that or dealing with it on the run / living rough. Certainly on just a regular month no matter what sanitary products I use Inevitably leaks happen - imagine the heavy post birth bleeding, not being able to change pads regularly, leakage - Constance and her clothing would surely smell bad, slthe smell in that room could have just been from them, coupled with dirty nappies?

Reactions: 27
I don’t think it’s just being on the run that they were dirty and unwashed.
Look at the mess they left the rental place and if I recall they had left previous flats like a tip too.
They didn’t seem to have any sense of tidying anything or keeping it clean.
They seemed to not give a F about themselves or their poor child.

Reactions: 14
Infections from retained placenta etc are pretty common, but for an infection to be so bad it leaves a lingering smell in a hotel room? She would be seriously unwell/septic. So I don’t think that quite adds up. I’m baffled as to what it might have been.
This is going to sound a bit random but they could have been giving off a smell if they have mental health issues.
i used to work for the DWP and one of the claimant's that used to come in (who had severe mental health issues) had an awful smell..not just an unwashed / dirty clothes smell. The closest i could describe what it smelt like as it was so distinctive is sort of a mouldy/mildew smell but it was one of those smells that literally burns your nostrils.
we thought it was just him not washing but one of our colleagues said her sister smelt exactly the same when she had a mental breakdown. So maybe its a chemical imbalance smell?

Reactions: 11
Without being too graphic, blood does have a smell, particularly period blood. I know how I bled after birth, I can not imagine doing that or dealing with it on the run / living rough. Certainly on just a regular month no matter what sanitary products I use Inevitably leaks happen - imagine the heavy post birth bleeding, not being able to change pads regularly, leakage - Constance and her clothing would surely smell bad, slthe smell in that room could have just been from them, coupled with dirty nappies?
She must’ve been so uncomfortable. This is where I can see that the running from social services was absolute tunnel vision- they weren’t caring responsibly for the baby but it wasn’t as though she was selfishly looking after herself either. Just a complete mess

Reactions: 13
She must’ve been so uncomfortable. This is where I can see that the running from social services was absolute tunnel vision- they weren’t caring responsibly for the baby but it wasn’t as though she was selfishly looking after herself either. Just a complete mess
I'm afraid I have no sympathy for her. They could well have enjoyed the chase

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.