Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking about this case today as one of my son's fellow home educated friends is currently very unwell with tonsillitis and has been for about 10 days yet his mother refuses even to give him calpol let alone take him to the GP. Instead she is treating him with manuka honey, soup and air purifiers.

Not the same thing but the mentality of "only I know what's best for my child and I don't trust anyone in authority", whilst taken to an extreme with CM and MG, is nonetheless present in quite a few parents.
You can’t help but think given all the COVID. Conspiracies that there’s a really distrust in modern medicine - undoubtedly now why we are seeing huge cases of measles as people aren’t vaccinating and instead turning to these nature alternatives
Hope that lad is ok and not in too much pain

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Saw in the paper they’re mentioning that Victorias birth wasn’t registered. That doesn’t lead to a child dying IMO and is just fuelling the fire.
It’s one of the charges against them. For an infant, failure to register a birth also encompasses failure to report a death.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
Without being too graphic, blood does have a smell, particularly period blood. I know how I bled after birth, I can not imagine doing that or dealing with it on the run / living rough. Certainly on just a regular month no matter what sanitary products I use Inevitably leaks happen - imagine the heavy post birth bleeding, not being able to change pads regularly, leakage - Constance and her clothing would surely smell bad, slthe smell in that room could have just been from them, coupled with dirty nappies?
She must’ve been so uncomfortable. This is where I can see that the running from social services was absolute tunnel vision- they weren’t caring responsibly for the baby but it wasn’t as though she was selfishly looking after herself either. Just a complete mess
I’m sure that’s very rare! I had tonsillitis, went to the doctors and they gave me nothing because it’s viral 😂 CM is being made an example of because it’s very clear she’s anti establishment. I don’t think that’s fair. I think you can be anti establishment and still care for your kids. CM didn’t care for her kids and was very neglectful and responsible for her child’s death.

Saw in the paper they’re mentioning that Victorias birth wasn’t registered. That doesn’t lead to a child dying IMO and is just fuelling the fire.
i don’t get the point of focusing on that*. It’s like *obviously* she wasn’t registered 🤣

*before anyone says it, yes I know that it’s an offence in itself not to register a birth

Reactions: 6
I’m sure that’s very rare! I had tonsillitis, went to the doctors and they gave me nothing because it’s viral 😂 CM is being made an example of because it’s very clear she’s anti establishment. I don’t think that’s fair. I think you can be anti establishment and still care for your kids.
Oh yeah I’m just saying this kid obviously needs care because if it’s not cleared up after 10 days they must be in severe pain. Hopefully it is very very rare but I was just highlighting that even simple illnesses can take a horrible turn unfortunately.

Reactions: 19
You can’t help but think given all the COVID. Conspiracies that there’s a really distrust in modern medicine - undoubtedly now why we are seeing huge cases of measles as people aren’t vaccinating and instead turning to these nature alternatives
Hope that lad is ok and not in too much pain
It’s not Covid. Not all families who Home Ed are like this, but there IS a type of mother (always the mother) who is drawn to home education because they distrust the modern world, modern medicine and the authorities generally. Like hippies to the power of 1000. These same people love alternative medicines, and will avoid anything from basic paracetamol to antibiotics and, yes, vaccines. But they existed long before Covid.

Poor kid.

Reactions: 25
She must’ve been so uncomfortable. This is where I can see that the running from social services was absolute tunnel vision- they weren’t caring responsibly for the baby but it wasn’t as though she was selfishly looking after herself either. Just a complete mess

i don’t get the point of focusing on that*. It’s like *obviously* she wasn’t registered 🤣

Not the fact the baby was not registered, of course that is obvious.
What they are getting at is, did they actually wander around with the remains of thier dead baby girl in a lidl bag for life and is this date Constance has given for Victoria's death really true.
A highly offensive smell in their hotel room after they've left which is described by a witness as "like rotting flesh" could obviously point to the poor little souls dead body being that hotel room.
People here have quite rightly suggested that the two of them unwashed, living rough and Constance being postnatal could possibly smell very offensive.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Honestly, that family needs reporting. Bacterial tonsillitis is no joke and can lead to sepsis. I suffer with them badly, the pain alone is horrendous, one step below childbirth if you ask me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

*before anyone says it, yes I know that it’s an offence in itself not to register a birth
and also you have 42 days to register a birth, poor thing didn’t last that long!

• Sad
What they are getting at is, did they actually wander around with the remains of thier dead baby girl in a lidl bag for life and is this date Constance has given for Victoria's death really true.
A highly offensive smell in their hotel room after they've left which is described by a witness as "like rotting flesh" could obviously point to the poor little souls dead body being that hotel room.
People here have quite rightly suggested that the two of them unwashed, living rough and Constance being postnatal could possibly smell very offensive.
I think some confusion has been caused because tattle automatically puts posts into one if you post twice within a certain amount of time. My posts re: the state of Constance and not registered the birth aren’t connected to each other, I was simply agreeing that the focus on the lack of registration of birth is daft

Reactions: 5
It’s not Covid. Not all families who Home Ed are like this, but there IS a type of mother (always the mother) who is drawn to home education because they distrust the modern world, modern medicine and the authorities generally. Like hippies to the power of 1000. These same people love alternative medicines, and will avoid anything from basic paracetamol to antibiotics and, yes, vaccines. But they existed long before Covid.

Poor kid.
Being a home educator myself this is entirely accurate and I concur they were there LONG before covid.
---
Honestly, that family needs reporting. Bacterial tonsillitis is no joke and can lead to sepsis. I suffer with them badly, the pain alone is horrendous, one step below childbirth if you ask me.
I don't want to say too much here for obvious reasons but I believe another parent has reported it, but I don't think anything has been done about the report.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
The thought did cross my mind fleetingly but you have to remember this was a hotel they stayed in in Harwich BEFORE they went to London. The baby was seen on the GDK CCTV footage in London being put into the pram alive and 'well' as her little arm was moving in the pram. I wondered if the smell could be related to drug use at one point but the only thing Google showed me that smelt that bad was a merh lab which i highly doubt they set up in a Premier inn in a 1 night stay.

I have a lot more thoughts on this case but as I'm new to the thread I'll leave it there for the moment.

Reactions: 16
I find this case baffling if I'm honest. I don't understand the motivations or thought processes of the parents. I don't believe they were purely acting selfishly, at least not wholly consciously so, because as previous posters have pointed out they themselves were living a tit and uncomfortable life, entirely needlessly. So then you have to question were they even of sound mind? But it appears they were o4 the defence would be going for that angle.

Supermarkets sell basic phones too for about £20, it wouldn’t be hard.

The question is why so many! I think probably so they could make contact with whoever needed and then bin the phone so they can’t be traced, but you could just get one phone and a load of SIM cards to do that.
Used them like disposable vapes I spose… can’t charge them anywhere easily on the run ? Mind blowing
---
No hotels were after, it was broken down first car, burning second car, taxis, hotels, tent.
Would a car be more likely to burst into flames after being left on constantly for heat? Wonder if so why they weren’t noticed before? Must be a disturbance

Reactions: 2
It’s one of the charges against them. For an infant, failure to register a birth also encompasses failure to report a death.
I don't understand how they are pleading not guilty for failure to register Victoria's birth and death. Because they absolutely didn't register it and its clear to see.

Why did they even bother with mobile phones. They weren't calling anyone?

Reactions: 17
I don't understand how they are pleading not guilty for failure to register Victoria's birth and death. Because they absolutely didn't register it and its clear to see.

Why did they even bother with mobile phones. They weren't calling anyone?
They can’t even say they intended to before the 42 days for birth register ran out, because it was more than that when they were arrested assuming she was born at the earliest on Christmas Eve.

Reactions: 10
The thought did cross my mind fleetingly but you have to remember this was a hotel they stayed in in Harwich BEFORE they went to London. The baby was seen on the GDK CCTV footage in London being put into the pram alive and 'well' as her little arm was moving in the pram. I wondered if the smell could be related to drug use at one point but the only thing Google showed me that smelt that bad was a merh lab which i highly doubt they set up in a Premier inn in a 1 night stay.

I have a lot more thoughts on this case but as I'm new to the thread I'll leave it there for the moment.
I think the smell was poor hygiene post birth. I remember the carnage of my first vaginal delivery and it was like a horror movie for weeks. You need to be on top of that or it will smell like death. Absolutely off topic but I found a C-section to be much easier and less messy after. Constance probably had injuries 'down there', left to fester. Also the three of them unwashed for weeks.

I just can't get my head around how avoidable this all was. Having working in child protection for a short time (couldn't cope!), poverty and disadvantage was at the centre of most cases. I wonder how many of those cases would never had got to where they did if they had £19'000 a month coming of trust fund money! A simplification I know, but I think that's why I can't stop thinking about this case.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Did the various taxi drivers complain about any smell during the long journeys though?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.