Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't understand how they are pleading not guilty for failure to register Victoria's birth and death. Because they absolutely didn't register it and its clear to see.

Why did they even bother with mobile phones. They weren't calling anyone?
How do you know they weren’t calling anyone? One of the taxi drivers heard her phone ping, and then was instructed to change the destination. They must have been in contact with someone.

Reactions: 13
I haven't caught up fully on these threads, or on the podcast yet, apologies if it has already been discussed. It's been stated that MG was arrested with a single Yale key? They also mentioned on the podcast that the shed that baby Victoria was found in was locked, are those pieces of evidence linked?

Reactions: 2
Failure to seek appropriate and timely medical attention can be classed as criminal negligence in certain circumstances.
I’ve worked in healthcare and have seen the consequences of not seeking prompt medical attention, for whatever reason, and it can be tragic.
The boy with tonsillitis, which could well be bacterial by now, will be suffering prolonged inappropriately treated pain, with possible fever and dehydration. Think about it.
Severe complications are rarer these days precisely because the vast majority seek early intervention.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
That's a good question! I haven't heard anything about any taxi drivers complaining.
I'm sure any prolonged and overwhelming smell would be the first thing they would mention as they would all be in such a confined space for many hours on these cross country trips.

Reactions: 10
I can imagine they didn't smell the freshest tbh but a lot is being made of this hotel smell. I wonder if the prosecution are going to say Victoria was already dead.
In the nicest possible way, would it really make a difference when she died?

Reactions: 1
I can imagine they didn't smell the freshest tbh but a lot is being made of this hotel smell. I wonder if the prosecution are going to say Victoria was already dead.
In the nicest possible way, would it really make a difference when she died?
Only if they can prove that they were already sleeping in the tent, because they’ve previously been warned about that with the first child. I think that’s why the prosecution are disputing the date of death from when CM said it was.

Reactions: 7
They won't say she was dead in that hotel because she was seen alive on cctv after that.

That's a good question! I haven't heard anything about any taxi drivers complaining.
We have seen MG exit a taxi with bags tied over his shoes, and we have seen him with a walking stick later, plus the girl from the hotel described the smell in the room as akin to an infected piercing. Is it possible MG had an infected wound on his foot which smelled, and was covered up in taxis to prevent the smell?

• Sick
Reactions: 13
I can’t imagine how they managed to keep the baby’s umbilical stump clean either.
You don't need to do anything to the umbilical cord, it would have dropped off after 5 days or so. Babies don't need to be bathed for a while after they are born.
This is assuming they changed her clothes as appropriate of course.

You don't need to do anything to the umbilical cord, it would have dropped off after 5 days or so. Babies don't need to be bathed for a while after they are born.
This is assuming they changed her clothes as appropriate of course.
I know, but what I’m saying is I can’t imagine how they managed to keep it clean and dry while they were on the run. Most babies are wearing nice clean clothes while their stump is healing. That poor baby was exposed to all sorts of bacteria.

we don’t even know what it was clamped with, that would have needed to be sterile.

Reactions: 11
What are these ‘Lotus births’?
Even if things ‘come away naturally’ they can become infected. Retention of any part of the placenta, without treatment could likely lead to death.

Reactions: 8
Even if things ‘come away naturally’ they can become infected. Retention of any part of the placenta, without treatment could likely lead to death.
It’s when the umbilical cord isn’t clamped and cut, and the placenta is left attached by the cord to the baby until it naturally drops off.

(Different to delayed cord clamping which is very ‘normal’ and important for the baby)

ETA no matter whether they cut the cord or not, they surely couldn’t be certain that the entire placenta had been delivered without medical assistance to check it.

Its when the baby is left attached to the placenta by the umbilical cord, untill it naturally detaches. Im not 100% on all the supposed benefits of this however I guess it would be similar to delayed cord clamping, when they wait for the cord to stop pulsing, giving baby an increased blood flow / nutrients from the placenta but leave it all to nature in terms of drying up and detaching . Id image there must be quite a high risk of infection with it even in "normal" circumstances.

You dont have to have the injection to make the placenta come way, its just something they do to speed up thr process, and you can also retain placenta even if you do have the injection too, even with a section it can happen.

Burying the placenta is a tradition of some religions, paganism is one especially the bury ubder a tree part. Its actually quite popular now to dry the placenta and make capsules from it, the health benefits of it are quite something, including increased milk supply. If you think in nature an animal will eat the placenta.

Its when the baby is left attached to the placenta by the umbilical cord, untill it naturally detaches. Im not 100% on all the supposed benefits of this however I guess it would be similar to delayed cord clamping, when they wait for the cord to stop pulsing, giving baby an increased blood flow / nutrients from the placenta but leave it all to nature in terms of drying up and detaching . Id image there must be quite a high risk of infection with it even in "normal" circumstances.

You dont have to have the injection to make the placenta come way, its just something they do to speed up thr process, and you can also retain placenta even if you do have the injection too, even with a section it can happen.

Burying the placenta is a tradition of some religions, paganism is one especially the bury ubder a tree part. Its actually quite popular now to dry the placenta and make capsules from it, the health benefits of it are quite something, including increased milk supply. If you think in nature an animal will eat the placenta.
I’m all for delayed cord clamping. Can’t really see the benefit of keeping the placenta attached for too long as it would be dead by then. Many animals would chew through the cord to detach it.

Good job she didn't have a placenta accreta like me which basically meant an emergency hysterectomy or bleeding to death in 30 mins

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Good job she didn't have a placenta accreta like me which basically meant an emergency hysterectomy or bleeding to death in 30 mins
Solidarity from someone whose placenta also tried to finish me off, for slightly different reasons. The thought of birthing at all, let alone without help, terrifies me after my experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Placenta talk is making my queesy now 🤢
Is court back on on Monday? Do we know if those pair are going to speak and be cross examined?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.