Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
I think they’re mixing up MG’s reporting requirements with SS - if MG stayed in a local authority area for only a few days he wouldn’t need to notify the local police he was living there. Not sure if it’s 3 exactly mind you but probably where the logic has come from.
Maybe, but I’m sure their spin was to do with the local authority been able to take the baby away.
I think MG had to report weekly to a police station.
---
SS absolutely don’t supply carpets, TVs or passports - and in fact are often very arsey about carers, even kinship ones, taking children out of the country.

It would take a hell of a lot more than just no covering for them to declare a floor unsafe as well, as PP pointed out in council housing they force tenants to rip it out before they leave so families frequently move into houses/flats with concrete floor or floorboards only if they can’t afford to carpet it (or carpet it all) before they move in.
Ok, I’ll rephrase. SS found a source and carpets were supplied,
There were nails sticking up, apparently no one had a hammer.
This is what happened. This was in Scotland.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Then bringing it up surely isn’t relevant either? If the prosecution were saying something untrue I’d expect a good defence side to counter it with “actually this wouldn’t have been possible for MG to do” whether or not it’s directly relevant - catching the prosecution out misrepresenting a situation helps the case indirectly.
I don’t think the prosecution have brought up his not attending a partnering residential unit have they? That’s just speculation from the thread.
---
Anyone know could he have left the country to go to Peru while signing on at a police station?

Is it possible he didn't have to sign on for a while because he hadn't been in trouble, then something happened and he was required to sign again?

I have no idea how these things work.
I think you can get “permission” to miss a few weeks for something like a holiday if you tell them in advance

gimmethattea

Chatty Member
Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but is there any live links or information that it's actually sitting today?

percypigcushion

I’ve been listening to a podcast about this trial. Fascinating yet disgusting.
Just wanted to add it states in the latest one the poor babies head was ‘concave’ when found by the police officer in the bag. Came here to see if anyone else had picked up on this. After some Googling it says this is usually linked to extreme dehydration. Of course this could be decomposition too, I don’t know?
Here’s the link to this episode:

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
I know the woman. You don’t.
I also know what kinship care is, and that most carers are hardworking and do their best.
A few are chancers, as in all sphere

Last edited:

neroli

VIP Member
Things will come up as evidence and cross examination of witnesses go on. It could even be that an expert witness, or a juror, is not able to attend for some reason last minute.

It may well be continuing but no one from The Argus is there and no one else is doing live reporting.
---

To the jury maybe, if relevant, but not to be reported on publicly.

I don't see how it wouldn't be relevant?
---
Things will come up as evidence and cross examination of witnesses go on. It could even be that an expert witness, or a juror, is not able to attend for some reason last minute.

It may well be continuing but no one from The Argus is there and no one else is doing live reporting.
---

To the jury maybe, if relevant, but not to be reported on publicly.

I don't see how it wouldn't be relevant?

sebanna

VIP Member
I think it means defendant to appear. If you look at the others in the same place (red) they have listed who will be in person and who is video link

View attachment 2771976
Thanks. It was bugging me, tried googling but just got double tax arrangement.😆

I wonder if the court actually sat today, and if they did was there a reason they didn't report what happened?

• Haha

HistrionicSites

Chatty Member
Considering her immense privilege and £45k pa school her post school life was like Homer Simpson flopping off a cliff. She failed to launch into anything meaningful in adulthood which is likely how she managed to go so off the rails. It’s not as if she was a busy career girly suddenly entranced by this awful criminal man, she was p much a loser (for her social grade - obviously this is context dependent!) who met another loser in a cafe and together they caused all this hurt and destruction.
Where did you get the 45k per year from?

Reactions: 2

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Kinship carer granny said to the SW she was going to the Big Fat Greek wedding, she would love to take the kids but couldn’t afford the passports.
Oh how traumatic it would be for the kids being left behind but she just had to go for her daughter. Who’ll look after them for the week? Foster carers? SW’s head explodes.
4 passports are provided.
My neighbour’s a kinship carer (she’s not passport lady), she’s doing a great job with her grandson, but the tales she can tell. It’s an eye opener.
not first-hand knowledge, then.
I think Constance was hiding her massive mental health issues

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
They closed down years ago sadly, afaik there’s only one community outreach service left and it’s more focused on addiction than street homelessness. Funnily (or not) the building of that Sainsbury’s/Argos caused a huge shift in that area.

ETA - just seen discussion on Whitechapel versus others, there seems to be inconsistent reporting on this between Whitechapel road in Aldgate, and actual Whitechapel:

View attachment 2770178
It’s the Aldgate store on Whitechapel road
---
Their decision making seemed to really spiral after the car fire, but I thought they planned to get a flat? So the sleeping bags were just a temporary thing and they thought they would be inside in a day or two.