Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They didn't even properly equip themselves for an off grid lifestyle. No proper tent, no proper outdoor gear or equipment. She had the money to provide those things.

Reactions: 19
That's what I was just pondering. If they wanted to live an off grid lifestyle, fine. But why when they had the means to properly equip themselves for that, didn't they? This isn't just parenting they didn't have a clue about, they seem totally inept when it comes to managing their own basic needs. No wonder their children had no chance with them.

So back we come again to mental health, drink or drugs. You could easily live "off grid" and keep a baby alive with the money they had. But "something" pulled them to live in or near London, "something" meant they disregarded basic needs, "something" meant they were unable to parent safely. And both of them, not just one.

There was, as someone else said, a theme of lack of self care. It wasn’t just Victoria they didn’t look after, they weren’t looking after themselves

I wonder to what degree they saw themselves as hiding from her family, rather than living out some boho dream. I think she sees herself as driven underground by them

Reactions: 12
Wonder what happened with the mother and baby placement. It says she did do to it. Maybe wanted to be back with MG

IMG_9473.jpeg

Reactions: 10
While I like the live court reporting, the Argus reports so little of what's actually going on, we might as well just read the evening articles.

I think at the heart of this case is two arrogant selfish parents who are incapable of putting their babies's needs first. There would have been enough money to pay for a nice home and baby stuff for Child FF, but it was more important that CM and MG got to live the lifestyle they wanted. They learnt nothing through having the children removed, and even now Victoria's lost her life they can't admit it was their fault.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
They are just utterly evil, I honestly believe that. Producing children just to discard them! That comment for their eldest child when they failed to show up to supervised visits 🥺 desperately wanted to keep Victoria did they! It’s almost laughable; had all the means & resources to keep 4 kids yet deliberately abandoned them yet have the audacity to claim they wanted to be parents! Evil evil twisted game playing manipulative fuckers

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I do feel for Child FF and his siblings, at some point someone will need to explain all this to them. That their birth mum was from a very wealthy, upper-class family but couldn't provide the basics for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
The extra detail of the children in the contact centre getting distressed because CM and MG couldn't even get themselves sorted to turn up and see their own children 😭 completely contradicts any claim that they ever wanted to be good parents.

I really hope that wherever those kids are now, they are well loved and taken care of, and getting all the appropriate support for dealing with the boat load of issues their useless parents have no doubt left them with.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
They are just utterly evil, I honestly believe that. Producing children just to discard them! That comment for their eldest child when they failed to show up to supervised visits 🥺 desperately wanted to keep Victoria did they! It’s almost laughable; had all the means & resources to keep 4 kids yet deliberately abandoned them yet have the audacity to claim they wanted to be parents! Evil evil twisted game playing manipulative fuckers
Where was that comment? I haven't read it.

Reactions: 4
Where was that comment? I haven't read it.

But their attendance was “inconsistent”, leaving the children distressed and unsettled, the court heard.

One of the children became quiet and withdrawn, telling staff: “Mummy and daddy cancelled again.”

The child was described as “inconsolable” when the parents failed to turn up at the contact centre.

Jurors heard of an incident of domestic violence in 2019 and a judge found a “risk of harm to the children by being exposed to physical violence between the parents”.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
So, reading the write up from today and to me,it just shows that even when they are in a panic and on the run from police, they still chose to live such a chaotic and unsuitable life style for a baby.

Reactions: 16
Am I right in thinking that child FF was born in 2017? Meaning that they'd only be 4 or 5 when they understood enough to be able to say "mummy and daddy cancelled again"

I know SS deal with cases like this (and worse) all the time, but it's just heartbreaking to think of a child that age (either just started in Reception or about to) having to deal with that.

• Sad
Reactions: 29
But their attendance was “inconsistent”, leaving the children distressed and unsettled, the court heard.

One of the children became quiet and withdrawn, telling staff: “Mummy and daddy cancelled again.”

The child was described as “inconsolable” when the parents failed to turn up at the contact centre.

Jurors heard of an incident of domestic violence in 2019 and a judge found a “risk of harm to the children by being exposed to physical violence between the parents”.
This is so sad. Poor children.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I think that today’s evidence will have sealed the deal for the jury. Their behaviour obviously led to or massively contributed to Victoria’s death and they can even claim ignorance of that fact. They knew the risks but still chose to put her at risk of death.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
As someone who has camped before in very basic conditions tho it was not winter, i cannot fathom how anyone could fall asleep upright in a tiny 2 man tent with nothing to lean against or support their weight. If this where to be true, she either slid backwards and the baby rolled off her onto the cold ground or she slid forward or to her side on top of her suffocating her. This pair were simply just unfit parents, they had no clue. No issue with people living an alternative lifestyle as CM/MG call it but living in squalor without basic necessities is not an alternative lifestyle. They deliberately chose to live like a homeless couple, why i dont think we will ever know!

Reactions: 25
Wonder what happened with the mother and baby placement. It says she did do to it. Maybe wanted to be back with MG

View attachment 2783590
From this article sounds like after the placement SS closed the case and it was only then reopened after they had the second child.

Sad to hear they weren't consistent turning up for supervised visitation leaving one child inconsolable. Does any one know if by the time they went on the run the children had been adopted or were they still allowed visitation ? If so how awful to just disappear on the other children. They say they wanted to keep Victoria so badly but what about the other children they couldn't be bothered to turn up to visitation for. I really feel sad for all 5 of their children they deserved better.

• Sad
  • Wow
Disgusting behaviour from them even prior to baby Victoria being born. Them poor other children having to deal with their useless parents. Desperate to keep baby V but not enough to turn up to visit their precious kids at a contact centre. Them kids are nothing to them. And to think she must have fell pregnant mere weeks after the proceedings for the other kids to be permanently removed.
All the money and opportunity in the world just shows up their selfish behaviour even more.

• Heart
That article says there were concerns about physical violence between CM and MG as well. That doesn't surprise me.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.