Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Unfortunately this has seemed inevitable for a while.
---

i think they’d stand but we’ll find out soon. They may well be free to go now.
They're not free to go, the CPS now need to decide if there will be a retrial. CM and MG haven't been acquitted and they haven't been convicted either.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Allmyownopinion

Chatty Member
Says on ITV prosecutors to decide “if” they will prosecute again 😳 so they could possibly walk out hand in hand completely free? She will be pregnant next month, so basically free to kill again 😭

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 26

Allmyownopinion

Chatty Member
Love the insight from the screen shots above & agree, sounds like it’s from a juror. But I honestly don’t see what her other children, or their SS experience has to do with whether or not they caused Victorias death. The jury should only have been considering her and the period of time they were on trial for. It doesn’t matter what happened years ago to make her want to run, but what happened when on the run, which was she neglected her baby to the point it died. I don’t get why the jury were fishing for details of their other kids, which they should have known would never be disclosed! This was about Victoria being killed by her parents sleeping in tents in sub zero temps while not suitable dressed then being denied a decent burial instead being carried around in a rubbish bag. The other children being abused in care are for another jury to worry about if it got to investigating that situation. It’s not that I’m unsympathetic to those other poor babies but this was solely about Victoria and the jury fucked it by not sticking the the charges in front of them if what is said above is true!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
I think most of us have suspected for a long time that there was evidence and information being discussed in court that wasnt allowed to be reported on nor, by the sounds of it ,be put to the jury
A total mess.

Reactions: 24

sebanna

VIP Member
Watching the CCTV court evidence, I was shocked at how CM kept covering Victoria's head and face. Sadly,It was only a matter of time until Constance suffocated her baby. She is a truly terrible mother and it scares me that she doesn't see it. I think Mark is far more nastier, controlling then he comes across as. I don't see how some of the jury think Victoria's death was an unfortunate accident.

Reactions: 24

Asterix

I'm pleased that they're still banged up. Hopefully the next trial is more straightforward and with no delays. I'm sure the prosecution will be working out ways to try to bait MG into testifying. And CM better get memorising every last tiny thing she said in court cos she's going to have to do it again with no variations or she'll perjure herself. That was sworn testimony.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

There will be a retrial 🙂
March next year!! Seems a long way away but that's plenty of time to make sure that a trial will go ahead with realistic timescales, no stopping and starting and a hope that any witnesses are managed better and not allowed to ramble. It will mean of course that time spent in custody will come off any sentence, should they be found guilty, but a guilty verdict is what will acknowledge their actions and be some justice for Victoria.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

ImDavidBrent

Chatty Member
I don’t see the logic or the reason why in order to protect your child against SS and going into the care system, you would put them in great danger by going on the run and being unable to provide the basic care for your child. They supposedly wanted to protect Victoria yet she ended up dead. They are guilty of the crimes that were put before them. I really hope there is a retrial and I hope lessons can be learnt from the farce of the first one.

Reactions: 22

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
I’m so pleased they’ve been found guilty of some charges, and that they remain in custody.

Will they now be moved to ‘proper’ prison rather than remand where they have been? Remand is a little more freedom so would be great to see that end.

9 months is pretty good for a retrial, the court system is horribly busy. Sara Sharif’s relatives were arrested last September and their trial isn’t due to start until this September.
---
Can’t help but feel some symbolism in that a retrial is 9 months away.

• Heart

gimmethattea

Chatty Member
Joining to say how upsetting this is that Baby Victoria won't get the justice she deserves and I'm honestly very concerned that if there isn't a retrial, they will be free and pregnant and this whole ordeal will happen again.

• Sad
  • Heart

Emsie

VIP Member
I personally think the alleged potential abuse of her older child offers great insight into why CM and MG made the decision that they did. I do not agree with it one bit of course but to have your child removed from you and placed into an abusive situation must be absolute torture.
Of course neither of these two have any insight as to the fact they are also abusers but I can see how the jury got stuck on this point.
Coupled with the fact that social work is not a respected field like say the NHS is I can see why the jury couldn't agree.
We can all sit and say well they shouldn't be thinking of that yadda yadda yadda but you can't dismiss thoughts from your head. CM bought it up and she shouldn't have been able to ramble on as much as she did.

• Heart
Oh this is a travesty :(
Gutted when I saw the breaking news on my phone!
I do feel like the loss of jury members- through no fault of their own I hasten to add! Has played a part here. Toots fillabusted her trial, she is so manipulative. These are a toxic pair!!
Yeesh!

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
No matter what differing views we have, let’s remember that every single person posting in this thread believes they should have been found guilty, and is in disbelief that they were not.

Whether we think the prosecution messed up, the jury are wrong, the defence should have done something differently, the judge should have stopped the shit from CM, or that SS didn’t do the ‘right’ thing with the elder children, we all believe they should have been found guilty and hope they still are.

• Heart