Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FFS_stopit

Are the jury members now allowed to talk about the case/their experience publicly if they chose to or are they bound by law to remain anonymous and not speak to media?

Reactions: 5

SadieBagels

So how does this work? Obviously a complete new jury but as far as the judges and barristers go will they be different?
Will it be at the Old Bailey again? What, apart from the jury will be different?

Reactions: 4

sebanna

VIP Member
There must be a reporting restrictions as they are not reporting the hearing. Maybe if they are going to release them they want to do it before telling the press.

• Sad

DianaBanana

Chatty Member
Can they accept the verdicts of the 3 counts they have decided on already and then do a retrial for the other counts?
Yes I think so. That’s what happened in the Lucy Letby trial, some charges had verdicts and a few didn’t.

Asterix

I am surprised. And obviously pleased that there is going to be a retrial. See you all again in March!
Go steady! 😁

Edit: I notice the letby episodes have been pulled from the DM trial podcast, presumably cos she's back in court?

rosieflowers

VIP Member
Is there any chance that CM is related to Mae Marten ? She is an aristo too. Not good at researching family trees but tattlers can usually be relied on get the info.
Mae left the UK and is now based in the US. I found it strange that they didn't come back to film Taskmaster Champion of champions and left UK, just as there star was rising after winning series 15.
Probably a huge stretch but I wondered if it may be because of this case.
I don't think theyre related. Maybe distantly like most properly posh people. But Mae is Martin with an I and her Canadian mum is the Martin, it's her dad who is a Chatto who is the aristo. So no I don't think this case had anything to do with her leaving taskmaster lol.

Kebab girl

Chatty Member
And being on a care order can mean in the care of a relative, so they may be with C’s family

MavisBeacon

VIP Member
Can one of our legal beagles explain what this means, that Marten and Gordon are listed together, then he's listed separately???

• Wow

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
I haven’t been able to find any updates at all today.

Someone on Twitter is saying the gaps now are to do with the jury’s other commitments but no idea if he knows that for certain.

Reactions: 3

Aberscot

Chatty Member
So how does this work? Obviously a complete new jury but as far as the judges and barristers go will they be different?
Will it be at the Old Bailey again? What, apart from the jury will be different?
As far as I am aware it will be same judge and barristers ( well apart from if she changes hers again!), same location too.
i am not sure about the existing charges she’s been found guilty of, I think we might hear about sentencing for that.

Aberscot

Chatty Member
Does anyone know if they will be sentenced for the crimes they have been found guilty of before the retrial for the other charges next year, or maybe it’s under reporting restrictions.

FFS_stopit

I’ve just gone back through the threads to try and find the judges instructions, this is all I’ve got so far.. a transcript from one of the podcasts thank you @DianaBanana !
I’m sure I remember someone typing it all out at some point. I can’t believe they didn’t find guilty on any of it!!!!! I was expecting the last two charges to be difficult but not all of them!!

FFS they’re all in the wrong order 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ read them if you can and I’ll keep looking for the summing up comments

Attachments

SELdnGal

Can they accept the verdicts of the 3 counts they have decided on already and then do a retrial for the other counts?

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
Will they be released pending the retrial? Assuming the custodial sentence for the two guilty charges won’t tally up enough for the length of time they’ve already served?