Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

casperon

Chatty Member
She hasn't been found not guilty though. She needs to wait to see if they will be a retrial and if so, she maybe kept in prison for another year waiting for it. Then they need to wait for another verdict.
Would there not be more outrage if she was found not guilty? Perhaps this was the plan all along
---
Surely they were found guilty of concealing the birth of a child? Neither side fought that.. same with perverting the course of justice?
I still can’t find the judges summing up in full but I’m fairly sure he stated that those were both agreed facts and the jury should find them guilty on both counts?
There’s very little evidence in general but there is very clear evidence that she gave birth to a baby, didn’t inform the relevant authorities, that baby tragically died, they didn’t inform the relevant authorities.
Was arrested, they knew where victorias body was but didn’t tell the authorities, therefore perverting the course of justice.

Surely they can’t have been unable to reach a verdict on those two counts??
I’m really hoping more comes out over the next few days!
apparently perverting the course of justice is only if you there’s an actual crime that happened (which they haven’t been convicted of)

Reactions: 6

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
How do we know the other kids are in LA care? Given their young ages they would be adopted or placed with family
Care and placement orders were made for all of the children in January 2022 - 3 months before she fell pregnant with Victoria.

They were in care prior to that

Reactions: 5

Emsie

VIP Member
I don't feel sorry for thre jury... why would anyone? But I do commend the 9 that remained. Sitting on this jury for all this time stop start stop start and listening to CM ramble on about things you're not supposed to know must have been tedious. Better people than me, I would have walked.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
CPS will look at how strong the case is. This was never a strong case
I don’t think they will bring GNM back. And I think the case has been broken by DrGordon choosing to keep his mouth shut. He’s the only person who can add more detail. Connie went on too long, but she only really used the time allocated to our First Aid trained Defendant.

Last edited:
No matter what differing views we have, let’s remember that every single person posting in this thread believes they should have been found guilty, and is in disbelief that they were not.

Whether we think the prosecution messed up, the jury are wrong, the defence should have done something differently, the judge should have stopped the shit from CM, or that SS didn’t do the ‘right’ thing with the elder children, we all believe they should have been found guilty and hope they still are.
Exactly this! In most situations we come across in our lives, if you ask the ordinary man in the street what they think of a situation or a decision, if the majority agree then it must be right. Probably CPS will be weighing up "Public interest" versus "Public outcry!"

the_moonins

VIP Member
When they say a “majority verdict”, if there are 10 jurors, why is a majority not 6 or more? Apologies if this is a stupid question!

Does it have to be proven that someone has been specifically told not to do a harmful thing for them to be found accountable if harm is caused?
‘Don’t stab someone in the chest’ ‘Don’t throttle someone’ ‘Don’t take a minimally clothed baby out in freezing weather’.
I mean, are these people adults?
I don’t think so but that’s certainly what the prosecution appeared to be going for with the focus on “CM was told about cosleeping” hence me saying I think they did a shit job.

I thought that the judge had directed the jury to find them guilty on concealing a birth?
Is that binding though? Or does it only kick in when they find guilty/not guilty on at least one other charge - if they haven’t made any decisions I’d imagine what the judge said won’t “count” hence the reporting being not guilty of anything.

sebanna

VIP Member
They haven't necessarily had very long since the judge said he would accept an majority verdict. Especially if the jury weren't deliberationing while the legal discussions were happening.