Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so pleased they’ve been found guilty of some charges, and that they remain in custody.

Will they now be moved to ‘proper’ prison rather than remand where they have been? Remand is a little more freedom so would be great to see that end.

9 months is pretty good for a retrial, the court system is horribly busy. Sara Sharif’s relatives were arrested last September and their trial isn’t due to start until this September.
---
Can’t help but feel some symbolism in that a retrial is 9 months away.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm pleased that they're still banged up. Hopefully the next trial is more straightforward and with no delays. I'm sure the prosecution will be working out ways to try to bait MG into testifying. And CM better get memorising every last tiny thing she said in court cos she's going to have to do it again with no variations or she'll perjure herself. That was sworn testimony.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Will they be released pending the retrial? Assuming the custodial sentence for the two guilty charges won’t tally up enough for the length of time they’ve already served?

Reactions: 3
Makes sense 🤷🏼‍♀️
The Guardian have an article up saying that CM + MG guilty of 2 charges : concealing the birth of a child and perverting the course of justice. Apparently there was a hearing to announce this after the press filed for reporting restrictions to be lifted. I’ll see if I can link to the article posted about half an hour ago .
---

Reactions: 14
Thank goodness they were found guilty on 2 charges, it would be hard to figure out why they couldn’t be, considering the Judge’s direction.
Thank goodness they’re being retried too, but please, please don’t let CM be allowed to bang on about Yurts and Western Norms. I’ve heard more than enough of that, thanks.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The trial seem to take many detours into areas that weren't that relevant. Hopefully the retrial will focus on how Victoria's needs weren't being met inside the coat and how no newborn could survive for long in a freezing tent.

• Heart
Concealing birth:

IMG_8763.jpeg

Perverting the course of justice:

IMG_8764.jpeg
IMG_8765.jpeg
IMG_8766.jpeg
IMG_8767.jpeg

This should be enough to hold them until the next trial.

Reactions: 23
The lawyers will know from all the juror questions where the weaknesses were and be able to work on shoring that up rather than have all the legal arguments on the hoof about what could come into evidence.

Reactions: 15
I've been reading on here for a while and followed the case from the initial appeal because I'm 99% sure I drove past the car on fire so the headlines caught my attention. I genuinely don't understand how there can be any doubt that their behaviour caused poor Victoria's death. I'm so glad there's a retrial and I hope they go away for a while until she can't reproduce anymore and do this again.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The trial seem to take many detours into areas that weren't that relevant. Hopefully the retrial will focus on how Victoria's needs weren't being met inside the coat and how no newborn could survive for long in a freezing tent.
I really hope so. No waffle about what happened ages ago or “she was told X, Y, Z” just the facts and quickly - or set a more realistic trial length - they KNOW now if CM takes the stand she’ll waffle so no excuses.

Reactions: 13
Pleased there's a retrial. Just hope it goes far more smoothly than this one and some lessons have been learnt, one being keep CM to the bloody point.

Reactions: 11
Why were there reporting restrictions on the guilty charges, just heard they were actually delivered in May?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Even when they finish their sentence, they will be remanded. They have proven that they are a flight risk.

I’ve just come across this anonymous post on the FB group. Cryptic but does provide a bit more insight into how the jury couldn’t reach a decision doesn’t it 😮

What an incredibly complex case!

Read the second image first 🙈
Catching up but this sounds like utter nonsense!

Reactions: 6
Why were there reporting restrictions on the guilty charges, just heard they were actually delivered in May?
It’s not unusual for verdicts to be restricted until the trial in its entirety has finished.

In this case it might be a concern about influencing the jury on the charges still in question, or protesters outside the court.

Reactions: 10