Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #11

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always said this. If we can keep rape victims anonymous in public criminal courts there's no reason to not have the family courts opened up.
I think the issue is that a lot of family court stuff is so very, very specific it would identify children to a much wider extent than most rape trials do. It’s also how far would you go with the reporting, an awful lot of abusive partners absolutely slate the tit out of their partner/ex via family court, so opening them up opens up more avenues to use that as abuse too.

There are sometimes (in England at least) full reporting restrictions on rape trials, generally where the victim is related to the rapist for the same reason - and if it is reported at all then they’re not allowed to name the rapist. Which is really the closest analogy to family court.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It wouldn't be fair on the child. The closing of family court is to protect vulnerable children. Can't open it all up just because CM and MG refuse to live under a tiled roof.

Reactions: 14
And being on a care order can mean in the care of a relative, so they may be with C’s family

Reactions: 4
Can one of our legal beagles explain what this means, that Marten and Gordon are listed together, then he's listed separately???

• Wow
It wouldn't be fair on the child. The closing of family court is to protect vulnerable children. Can't open it all up just because CM and MG refuse to live under a tiled roof.
Yes - at the end of the day, we want to know what happened but I don’t think we are entitled to know what’s happened to a child!

Reactions: 7
Can one of our legal beagles explain what this means, that Marten and Gordon are listed together, then he's listed separately???
Maybe he committed an offence getting arrested, was he on probation or anything idk

Reactions: 5
Maybe he committed an offence getting arrested, was he on probation or anything idk
I don’t know for sure but I imagine it would refer to the additional charges that MG faced for not appearing to police, which was part of his conditions for being on the sex offenders register. There were separate court dates for him before this trial but he failed to appear. It hasn’t been reported in the press.

Reactions: 12
Courtserve showing tomorrow
I saw that the Judge was in Chambers yesterday and wondered if he was deliberating about this case. I hope the fact that Mark Gordon's trial is being prepared separately, doesn't mean that the main event is discharged. Baby Victoria deserves more than parents who were so selfish and inept she lost her life and a society that seems impotent, inadequate and or ineffectual to ensure she gets some justice and they face the consequences of their actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There must be a reporting restrictions as they are not reporting the hearing. Maybe if they are going to release them they want to do it before telling the press.

• Sad
Phew, that's a relief, I was worried they were going to release them. Bet CM and MG are fuming.

Reactions: 16

There will be a retrial 🙂
March next year!! Seems a long way away but that's plenty of time to make sure that a trial will go ahead with realistic timescales, no stopping and starting and a hope that any witnesses are managed better and not allowed to ramble. It will mean of course that time spent in custody will come off any sentence, should they be found guilty, but a guilty verdict is what will acknowledge their actions and be some justice for Victoria.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
If they're in custody it means they're not procreating, I guess. Glad they've been found guilty on two counts, fingers crossed for the retrial

Reactions: 36
I can't believe that at least two jurors thought they weren't guilty of Child cruelty, after the way Victoria was treated.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Not the news I would have wanted (I wanted them guilty of everything without a retrial) but I think is the best outcome and although it's a long wait until march, when Victoria hopefully gets her justice, it's time where she cannot get pregnant again whilst in Custody.

Reactions: 17