Conspiracy Theories #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I totally resent the term anti vaxxer. I’m not an anti vaxxer. I’ve had all previous vaccinations, I get a flu vaccination every winter, I just haven’t had a covid vaccine. I’ve had covid and while it wasn’t pleasant it’s not something I’d feel the need to take a vaccine for. As for the the narrative of taking it to protect others well surely taking a vaccination should protect me first and foremost? But if doesn’t and I can still catch and spread covid even with 3 jabs.

Reactions: 20
facial recognition doesn't exist at the moment so pointless.

Covering just your mouth is not gonna stop you getting skin cancer.
Hardly anyone smokes now and only outside

If you don't wanna wear make up don't. That's just sad.

And people not asking you to smile. So your gonna wear a mask forever so people don't ask you to smile. Really extreme.

I noticed you never said to stop illness. But you also said you wear a proper mask and not just a cotton one. You could achieve all the things you said by wearing a cotton one. Or a hijab. How about a hat, or a balaclava. Why a medical grade mask?

It seems like you've convinced yourself that life is better with your face covered. It's all just a bit sad and I hope people with attitudes like yours don't infect the nevt generation into think wearing a mask is normal because, men can't speak to you.
You seem quite bothered by my wearing a mask.

Also facial recognition is everywhere, and we should be absolutely concerned!!! https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/how-facial-recognition-works/

Also facial recognition is everywhere, and we should be absolutely concerned!!! https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/blog/how-facial-recognition-works/
I believe you about facial recognition, why did I need to take a picture of myself and put my fingerprint when I was setting up my phone, for example?
Yeah I regret purchasing this phone, but it's probably what they are doing with all new phones?
Human beings are just being seen as a walking mass of data, and companies can make a lot of money by accessing that, and selling it on?
Also there is the obvious issues of hacking/tracking, having us under surveillance and abusing that?
I'm not going to lie it's scary, nothing is private or sacred anymore. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I totally resent the term anti vaxxer. I’m not an anti vaxxer. I’ve had all previous vaccinations, I get a flu vaccination every winter, I just haven’t had a covid vaccine. I’ve had covid and while it wasn’t pleasant it’s not something I’d feel the need to take a vaccine for. As for the the narrative of taking it to protect others well surely taking a vaccination should protect me first and foremost? But if doesn’t and I can still catch and spread covid even with 3 jabs.
Anti vaxxer is a derogatory term made up by the media for the easily manipulated and ignorant. It's easier to label someone as an "anti vaxxer" than have an intelligent conversation about vaccines.

Reactions: 16
I believe you about facial recognition, why did I need to take a picture of myself and put my fingerprint when I was setting up my phone, for example?
Yeah I regret purchasing this phone, but it's probably what they are doing with all new phones?
Human beings are just being seen as a walking mass of data, and companies can make a lot of money by accessing that, and selling it on?
Also there is the obvious issues of hacking/tracking, having us under surveillance and abusing that?
I'm not going to lie it's scary, nothing is private or sacred anymore. 🤷‍♀️
I have not activated facial recognition on my phone and refuse to use fingerprint either. Thankfully my android didn't require it of me. I hate that our data is scraped and sold, with very little oversight.

You do realise though, this is a discussion forum and that tends to be the nature of them.
That people misrepresent their intentions in conversation so as to reaffirm their commitment to a particular world view?

No, had no idea. None at all.

Masks are great. Don't wear em if you don't like em.

I watched this and, I must admit, I found it quite bizarre. He seems to be suggesting that similar headlines (he only focused on the headlines) from different media outlets, some of which contained a direct quote, are evidence of something nefarious, but I’m not sure exactly what. Perhaps he’s never heard of syndicated news before.

Reactions: 1
I watched this and, I must admit, I found it quite bizarre. He seems to be suggesting that similar headlines (he only focused on the headlines) from different media outlets, some of which contained a direct quote, are evidence of something nefarious, but I’m not sure exactly what. Perhaps he’s never heard of syndicated news before.
It’s a bit like every country using the phrase ‘great reset’. I guess he is saying that their all planting a seed for something going to happen, and when key phrases are used by different people, it’s implying the thing is going to happen…….everything to play for at this point…..

Reactions: 3
It’s a bit like every country using the phrase ‘great reset’. I guess he is saying that their all planting a seed for something going to happen, and when key phrases are used by different people, it’s implying the thing is going to happen…….everything to play for at this point…..
I get that, but in this case it was literally a direct quote from one person (Luke O’Neill) being reported by different outlets. That’s completely normal.

I get that, but in this case it was literally a direct quote from one person (Luke O’Neill) being reported by different outlets. That’s completely normal.
Ahh ok, I watched while distracted, I didn’t realise it was the same person each time…….d’oh.

Reactions: 2

I just find it really strange and want to know your reasons to try and understand.

It's interesting that two or the reasons you gave are to do with the male gaze, which are some or the reasons for the Muslim face covering. Something I find totally sexist and regressive. So when I say I hope your way of thinking doesn't effect younger generations, I mean the idea that a woman should cover up if she doesn't want male attention, rather than men should be called up on crappy behaviour and our culter shouldn't make women feel they have to wear make up. Id rather women stood up for themselves then hid behind masks.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
He doesn't say that though. He says and always says he could be wrong or it might be nothing. He puts things together for people to think about and make their own minds up. You made your mind up about it, didn't you? So will I and so will everyone who watches it

Also, I believe only one was a direct quote ( might be wrong about that) the thing is the direct quote is from someone like Dr Hillary, bought and paid for to say the "right "thing.

When all the papers are saying the same keywords and slogains you know 100% there is no independent media and you are being played

Reactions: 3
Thank god for Hugo (y) he is a breath of fresh air/common sense, seriously some people are not taking the time to consider the potential consequences of this proposal, imo.
Again it's a knee jerk reaction, with some being very quick to judge or dismiss others valid concerns because apparently we are unkind 🤷‍♀️
I even read the mightily judgemental oh well I hope those people (who don't open their houses) are never in a position to need help?
Eye roll....please ...

What a biased assumption, also passive aggressive....help so you can be helped, but then I thought these things were supposed to be benevolent and unconditional, but then things in politics are always for protecting the elite and then expecting others to do all the actual work? Also to pay for it.
All the while working behind the scenes to erode our rights and this is not helping anyone, even refugees.
This is just setting yet another precedent and allowing them to take advantage of us and our altruism.
I'm not against refugees far from it but the sad fact is wherever there are refugees there are people smugglers and traffickers looking to take advantage, and this is already happening.
This is what some evil sections of society want to prey on, the vulnerable, and take advantage and get rich.
Just like they always have, and that's what I wish would stop, but that's one of the perks of war for the elite, and they also want us involved imo to use us as cover for their evil..(giving it a veneer of respectability or nobility)..no wonder so many are ambivalent....or just don't want to get involved, because some of us feel a bit impotent....this war situation feels like a juggernaut that just rides roughshod over ordinary or innocent people.
We don't get listened to or consulted and really neither do the Ukrainian refugees....they are created for a (horrible) reason....imo. :(

Sorry I don't know if I've done justice to this sensitive issue, I don't know if anyone can,it's complicated, but let's not kid ourselves about the very real and dark side of war and conflict.
No one is a hero (Zelenskyy) and plenty are just greedy and immoral war mongers that are pleased as punch that they are getting what they want ...erosion of rights, roping in the general public, profiteering from trafficking, pushing up the cost of living etc etc....creating the problem so they can propose the solution (,one that suits their ends) probably this was always their end goal?
So forgive me and others of being suspicious 🤷‍♀️ all things considered I think that's understandable, if people would only take the time to think about things and not go in for the over emotive competitive virtue signalling that I'm seeing becoming commonplace.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Comes across like the £350 is the gov washing their hands off them ;)

Thank god for Hugo (y) he is a breath of fresh air/common sense, seriously some people are not taking the time to consider the potential consequences of this proposal, imo.
Again it's a knee jerk reaction, with some being very quick to judge or dismiss others valid concerns because apparently we are unkind 🤷‍♀️
I even read the mightily judgemental oh well I hope those people (who don't open their houses) are never in a position to need help?
Eye roll....please ...

What a biased assumption, also passive aggressive....help so you can be helped, but then I thought these things were supposed to be benevolent and unconditional, but then things in politics are always for protecting the elite and then expecting others to do all the actual work? Also to pay for it.
All the while working behind the scenes to erode our rights and this is not helping anyone, even refugees.
This is just setting yet another precedent and allowing them to take advantage of us and our altruism.
I'm not against refugees far from it but the sad fact is wherever there are refugees there are people smugglers and traffickers looking to take advantage, and this is already happening.
This is what some evil sections of society want to prey on, the vulnerable, and take advantage and get rich.
Just like they always have, and that's what I wish would stop, but that's one of the perks of war for the elite, and they also want us involved imo to use us as cover for their evil..(giving it a veneer of respectability or nobility)..no wonder so many are ambivalent....or just don't want to get involved, because some of us feel a bit impotent....this war situation feels like a juggernaut that just rides roughshod over ordinary or innocent people.
We don't get listened to or consulted and really neither do the Ukrainian refugees....they are created for a (horrible) reason....imo. :(

Sorry I don't know if I've done justice to this sensitive issue, I don't know if anyone can,it's complicated, but let's not kid ourselves about the very real and dark side of war and conflict.
No one is a hero (Zelenskyy) and plenty are just greedy and immoral war mongers that are pleased as punch that they are getting what they want ...erosion of rights, roping in the general public, profiteering from trafficking, pushing up the cost of living etc etc....creating the problem so they can propose the solution (,one that suits their ends) probably this was always their end goal?
So forgive me and others of being suspicious 🤷‍♀️ all things considered I think that's understandable, if people would only take the time to think about things and not go in for the over emotive competitive virtue signalling that I'm seeing becoming commonplace.
I don't see it as people being unkind I think it's only natural to be concerned on how 200,000 refugees are going to impact the rest of us ,there will be a lot of exploitation on both sides and not as cut and dried as some may think .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I just find it really strange and want to know your reasons to try and understand.

It's interesting that two or the reasons you gave are to do with the male gaze, which are some or the reasons for the Muslim face covering. Something I find totally sexist and regressive. So when I say I hope your way of thinking doesn't effect younger generations, I mean the idea that a woman should cover up if she doesn't want male attention, rather than men should be called up on crappy behaviour and our culter shouldn't make women feel they have to wear make up. Id rather women stood up for themselves then hid behind masks.
I'm not the poster you are directing your question to, but I still wear masks. I genuinely believe they make a difference. If they don't then 🤷‍♀️ I'm not missing out on anything.
If people don't want to wear them that's fine, but I'm not sure why you are so triggered by someone who wants to wear one.

Reactions: 1
Comes across like the £350 is the gov washing their hands off them ;)

I don't see it as people being unkind I think it's only natural to be concerned on how 200,000 refugees are going to impact the rest of us ,there will be a lot of exploitation on both sides and not as cut and dried as some may think .
Cant, you see through the same similarities with the covid narrative. every time you tried to say anything you were shut down and called selfish because people are dying etc

I see a post on another thread someone was saying they know an elderly lady with two spare rooms and family are trying to get her to take people in. The elderly are very vulnerable to many things. anyone who works with the elderly will back that up. I once looked after a lady called Florrie. She was a well off lady but she was in a tiny nursing home and no money to her name, a young man had pretended to be her nephew and bled her dry not contend to take her money but also sell off all her posseions .

Im by no means saying that Ukrainians are criminals, but some will be just the same as if it were us fleeing. we cannot go shaming people into taking strangers into their home because once they do and if something does happen, those shamers will not want to know and will say it was your choice

Great thoughtful post as always @Misbehaving

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Cant, you see through the same similarities with the covid narrative. every time you tried to say anything you were shut down and called selfish because people are dying etc

I see a post on another thread someone was saying they know an elderly lady with two spare rooms and family are trying to get her to take people in. The elderly are very vulnerable to many things. anyone who works with the elderly will back that up. I once looked after a lady called Florrie. She was a well off lady but she was in a tiny nursing home and no money to her name, a young man had pretended to be her nephew and bled her dry not contend to take her money but also sell off all her posseions .

Im by no means saying that Ukrainians are criminals, but some will be just the same as if it were us fleeing. we cannot go shaming people into taking strangers into their home because once they do and if something does happen, those shamers will not want to know and will say it was your choice

Great thoughtful post as always @Misbehaving
It's like any society there will be good and bad amongst it . I wouldn't be up to putting anyone with a vulnerable person but the gov won't care as long as they're off their hands and someone else's responsibility ,look how many refugees have been exploited by greedy landlords taking huge amounts of rent money for substandard living ,again the gov nowhere to be seen .

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.