Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lisdiz

VIP Member
Why is there a huge understanding and empathy for people who want to lock themselves away from the world for fear of covid, but a lack of compassion and understanding for those of us that wish to avoid a jab which we feel has been rushed and does have side effects in some people? Covid it’s self doesn’t have a huge death rate for the vast majority of people. 20 something g year olds having it for fear of dying could be seen as being just as irrational, for lack of better wording.

Why is there a lack of concern and understanding towards those of us whose freedom is threatened because we are exercising our human right not to have a vaccine (gene therapy)?

I really don’t understand why people are so angry at those not wishing to have the vaccine. Because at this point it’s being sold to us as being for your own personal benefit and that of others because of transmission still being possible.

I would really love to understand the other side of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Spinidge

VIP Member
One of the many issues I have with the covid vaccines is how public perception has been altered to thinking that they will prevent spread of a virus. Historically vaccines have been taken with the intent being of benefit for the sole recipient. Now any of us who have not had the covid vaccine are labelled as dangerous super spreaders and granny killers. The gaslighting from the government is exhausting.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
A few thoughts this morning on why all this more about control rather than safety, or the 'data'

We can queue close together outside a shop, but can't lay flowers at Windsor Castle

We can have a largely unvaccinated age group sit under a marquee in a pub close together with patio heaters, but can't have two vaccinated people break 2 meter social distancing

We can crowd in a shop, but not sit on opposite sofas in a friend's house

We can crowd in a shop, but not sit inside a covid secure pub/restaurant

We can have a wee in a pub or public toilet that thousands of others have used, but can't use a friend/family members toilet

If we have to treat ourselves as infectious and even briefly being near someone can transmit this super deadly virus, and we aren't to ever hug or kiss a loved one, why do we need an invasive test to see if we have it?
Surely we could touch/kiss/lick the test stick?

We can meet another whole household and exceed the rule of 6, and each of those households can do the same, but can only meet 6 different people from different households outside - even though all those people have mixed numerous times previously. Why just not be able to meet any amount at anytime?

We can't break the 1 meter social distancing rule with loved ones even with masks on, but can get hair and nails done by a stranger

We can agree to have our freedoms back and go to large gatherings if we commit to a LFT, but after having that LFT can catch the train/bus that doesn't require the test meaning we could catch the virus there and take it into the large gathering anyway

We can all crowd into pubs/shops/highstreets but can't protest

How anyone can argue that the Government have our best interests at heart and are doing things cautiously to save us is absolutely beyond me 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 29

btw

This speaks volumes. Johnson here is preparing us for another lockdown, possibly an endless cycle of them. The question now is when will the next one happen?

Does anyone who has had the vaccine, feel a little bit disappointed in what he said here? Not asking to provoke, I'm genuinely interested in opinions.
I’ve not had the vaccine yet as I’m under 30 so no way where near even being offered it. But I feel disappointed that day 1 of a major reopening phase, the media is already shoving it in our face that we’re not safe yet. We’re never going to be safe, people are going to die. Just like vulnerable people die from the flu every single year. My grandmas an end of life nurse and she’s always said about our elderly relatives that she stresses that they need to avoid any hospital admissions as many elderly people go into hospitals for say a fall, catch the flu and that ends up killing them. I’m not a selfish person but rational, you can’t prevent everyone from dying. Vaccines to me are the last straw, if vaccines don’t protect the vulnerable / nhs from being overwhelmed then we need to accept that we have to learn to life with it.
I’m sick of the control that the government have, I never thought I’d be in my twenties being told it’s illegal to visit family and friends...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25

Unagi

Chatty Member
This speaks volumes. Johnson here is preparing us for another lockdown, possibly an endless cycle of them. The question now is when will the next one happen?

Does anyone who has had the vaccine, feel a little bit disappointed in what he said here? Not asking to provoke, I'm genuinely interested in opinions.
I think they’ll periodically say they’ve “found” a variant in a certain area and urge the residents of that area to get tested like they’re doing in parts of London at the minute then they’ll “find” enough “cases” that they say justifies another lockdown which they’ll hope will make people have the vaccine. The vaccines are only authorised for emergency use so without the lockdowns there is no emergency?
Unless the masses grow some balls and make a stand then I think we’ll just go through cycles of lockdown.
People need to ditch the masks, stop the testing and get on with life.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
"My boyfriend won’t let me visit my friends or family. He has made me stop all contact with them unless it’s on the phone. The other week he told me to go out for a meal with my friends. But when I did, I got punished for it. I know he will tell me to do it again though, so I don’t know what action to take. He keeps doing this. He makes me feel like I’m going crazy for thinking he is controlling. Guess I’m just being ungrateful. It’s because he cares about me.
He didn’t want me going to the gym anymore, so I don’t do that. He also doesn’t let me go to work. He told me to only rely on his income and that he will look after me. I only go out for necessities. But when I do I need to share my location with him, no matter where I go and who I am with, for my own safety. My best friends kept saying he was just using and controlling me. So I no longer keep in touch with them and can’t trust them. I started missing my family so much last week that I snuck off to see them. My boyfriend caught me and I was punished for it. My uncle is dying in a nursing home but I’ve been forbidden to see him. I’m not allowed to do anything unless my boyfriend says so. I wanted to book a getaway to go and visit my relatives, but he said no.
I wanted to go back to school to learn some new skills, but I wasn’t allowed to do that either. I can’t wait until he says I can. I know the time will come soon he will let me. I know he’s only doing this because he loves me. He cares about me, he really does. It’s for my own good.
Now change boyfriend for government…
Scary isn’t it?"

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Stuffandsniff

Chatty Member
Randomly stumbled on this thread .
Wanted to pop my opinion on the covid vaccine.
I’m 32 fit healthy and a good normal weight. No long term conditions and 5 lovely children .
Had the vaccine because i’m a carer for my daughter who is disabled from a birth injury.
Firstly i had the normal stuff headache flu like then migraines for about a week i then got mastitis on antibiotcs the a UTI kidney and bladder infection again antibiotics. I then developed a blood clot on my lung and now have been diagnosed with a auto immune disease... they put my blood clot down as a post partum blood clot....... MY BABY IS 5 MONTHS OLD!!!! this was all within 2 weeks of the vaccine.
i won’t be getting my second dose .
i’ve had covid i recovered within a few days i had mild symptoms

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

Spinidge

VIP Member
I agree. I have seen people attempting to police others, though. I've heard people say their mother in law can't see her kids again because she decided against the vaccine, for example. No regard for bodily autonomy.
One of my mum's friends said anyone who doesn't have the covid vaccine, should be put in prison! The programming runs deep. 😖

• Angry
  • Wow

DreamDolly

VIP Member
Am I the only one who isn't bothered by the vaccine. If you want it, have it, if you see no benefit, don't. I've never been one for thinking I could police what others do with their bodies though so 🤷
I don’t think anyone is policing what others do regarding the vaccines. It’s more a case of, getting as much information as you can, so that you can make an informed choice. What worries me is that anyone who questions the narrative, gets shot down and ridiculed as an anti vaxxer conspiracy theorist. When did challenging the narrative make someone a CT? Surely everyone has the right to ask questions without being ridiculed, or called a granny killer? It’s beyond ridiculous at this point..

• Heart

Spinidge

VIP Member
I actually try and not pay attention to Boris, or what he's saying. Regarding what has been just been said, with everyone not being vaccinated, he's telling people to still be careful, or the infection. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to why the government are prologuing the lockdown or making a lockdown, if it's destroying industries, jobs, and where people will be unemployment. Governments do not want to run huge budget deficits because interest is paid on the debt instead of the services.
Instead of demanding someone explain things to you, why not just admit you don't have a clue what's going on. No one does, possibly even Boris. We're just discussing theories here, no one has a definitive answer as we're all in the dark. There are so many unanswered questions. No one wants to run huge budget deficits and yet its happening, surely we are still allowed to question the actions of our government. If you genuinely believe that the government has your best interests at heart, that's great and I won't make any demands on why you think that.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Meangirl815

VIP Member
Hi all
My first post on here, even though I've been an avid reader from the start.

I'm feeling a bit lost, i used to follow and comment on the covid threads a lot, but don't feel like i 'belong' there anymore. Don't honestly feel like i 100% belong here either but 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I am not getting the vaccine, various reasons which I would be here all day if i tried to explain so i won't bother nobody needs to hear my boring story. But i feel like announcing I'm not having it is... Not acceptable?!?!!??
I pray the health passports don't turn into anything because the more the government try to persuade me to get it the more i will refuse

I am SO FUCKING SICK of covid.
Haven't followed the rules since Xmas really yet I'm still sick of it. It's a never ending cycle of doom and gloom

• Heart

What?

I have had both jabs but I will say this, if we are required to have boosters I have already decided I don't want to have mine.
I rarely take medication, I don't have the flu jab and I won't be having any Covid jab boosters either.
As an NHS worker I am concerned that they will try and make it mandatory and I have made up my mind that if this is the case I will leave the NHS.

Anyway I have already made up my mind that if after June there is no end in sight for getting rid of the masks I will be quitting.
I find the masks not just uncomfortable but actually make me feel quite ill after wearing them for hours on end.
Since they were made mandatory at work I have suffered badly with my skin, I have had oral thrush which has now left me with a very sensitive mouth which means I find just eating my favourite crisps uncomfortable and at times painful, the sides of my mouth are permanently cracked and sore (all things I have never suffered with before) and I often feel so tired and sickly at work it is just horrible.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make staff wear these horrible things for hours and hours on end is an idiot.

People have said to me well surgeons wear them for hours. Yes they do while standing still in an air conditioned theatre which is quite different.

Edited to add that ''my favourite crisps'' was just an example and in actual fact I am finding eating many things quite painful now as my mouth feels like it is on fire .

• Sad
  • Heart

PinkFong

You're all worried about a microchip, and that the government will control you, yet are seemingly happy to have a mobile phone, which could easily have the same thing.
It’a not even the same thing.
A phone cannot control you.
Track you - yes.
Control you - no.

You mean the same David Icke that thinks the Queen is a lizard and that a psychic told him he was put on the Earth for something?
I don’t understand this attitude - ignore the 100 logical things he’s said because he believes one illogical thing.

If you’ve ever believed/said/done anything wrong or crazy in your life - does that make everything else you’ve ever believed/said/done crazy?

Of course it doesn’t

Last edited:
  • Heart

90sGal

Chatty Member
That is very difficult to answer and I expect even the doctors don't really know.
I do believe that I have quite a strong immune system and rarely get sick with coughs and colds or other types of bugs (touch wood) but that is just speculation on my part.

I know this was quite a few pages back! I'm trying to catch up!!

I had it Covid Jan (2020) this was before it hit the press.

I can say (I promise I'm no drama queen) but it was the most ill I have ever been. I have no underlying issues and am healthy and I would agree with you that I assume its connected to immune system. I was a but run down after a hectic Dec and Christmas.

I spent all of Jan in bed. Struggling to catch breath, constantly coughing, lungs would gurgle, couldnt eat (I lost a stone and a half in 4 weeks) would have to change nightwear several times every 24hrs as was drenched in a fever.

Dr visits didn't help as was brushed off as flu.

It was the lack of ability to breathe that was the most scary and only was helped by steroids after 4 weeks from a Dr I begged to help me. She actually said she was confused as to what was going on in my body. Took me till June to get capacity back to my breathing and had long term exhaustion that finally went around Oct/Nov.

Anyway....in my case definitely immune system related.

I am not going to have the jab (despite pressure from everyone I know) my body got through it (with a little intervention from steroids) so don't plan on injected myself with something that hasn't been tested and long term impact is unknown.

Love this thread and glad I've found like-minded people to question it all!

• Heart

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
Hi all
My first post on here, even though I've been an avid reader from the start.

I'm feeling a bit lost, i used to follow and comment on the covid threads a lot, but don't feel like i 'belong' there anymore. Don't honestly feel like i 100% belong here either but 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

I am not getting the vaccine, various reasons which I would be here all day if i tried to explain so i won't bother nobody needs to hear my boring story. But i feel like announcing I'm not having it is... Not acceptable?!?!!??
I pray the health passports don't turn into anything because the more the government try to persuade me to get it the more i will refuse

I am SO FUCKING SICK of covid.
Haven't followed the rules since Xmas really yet I'm still sick of it. It's a never ending cycle of doom and gloom
Welcome to the thread. We're all sick of it too and trying to find answers. Don't worry no one here will judge you either way regarding the vaccine. It's a personal choice and should be down to the individual to decide what's best for them. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Just saw they're recommending the vaccine for all stages of pregnancy (even before 12 weeks ) and pregnant women will be called shortly on the basis of a few weeks data :oops:
I will absolutely not be putting my unborn baby at risk 😳 shocked at the amount of pregnant woman who are excited for it!!

• Heart
  • Sad
I'm new to the thread and still reading to catch up, but I want to jump on mentioning that I don't understand the logic behind giving the vaccines to the most vulnerable populations first. It seems like you should make sure that to test the vaccine on healthy individuals first, and then resort to giving the vaccine to at-risk individuals later.

My dad has stage 4 cancer, and when he went in for chemotherapy the doctors told him that he qualifies for the vaccine because he's "at-risk." Well, that same day, they also told him that his white blood cell count was on the cusp of being so low he'd need hospital admission. When he got his white blood cell numbers back, they told him that any sign of sickness would be a red flag, and that if he got a fever we would need to take him to the emergency room.

Yet, they were willing to give him a vaccine that would provoke an immune response? And possibly make him ill? Where is the logic behind that? My grandpa took the vaccine because they came and gave it to him in his nursing home, and I just never understood the reasoning behind why you'd give something so new and barely-tested to the people who are the most at-risk of having complications from it.

• Heart

Spinidge

VIP Member
It's quite sad the way we say "lockdown again" when we've technically never been let out of the first one. It's almost like we've become so used to having our freedoms taken off us, we've become acclimatised to it all.
That's so true and we also need to remind ourselves that nothing that is happening now is normal. It isn't normal to give over personal details to sit in a pub garden, to be bombarded with tannoy announcements of procedures to follow in a supermarket or to repeatedly test ourselves when we're healthy to find out if we're not!

• Heart
Reactions: 16