Colour Me Bootiful (CMB)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going agree & disagree with you here. I’m no Antonia fan, I’ve been pretty vocal on this thread but I’ll have to defend her to a degree here. I absolutely agree being a mother 24/7 is tough for anyone whether your child has extra needs or not but I don’t think we should underestimate how hard it is to care for a child with Madison’s needs. It’s very very difficult for a child with his level of needs to cope with a sudden change of routine. He doesn’t have school or therapy to stimulate him atm, he has no understanding of why everything has suddenly changed and that normally brings huge anxiety and challenging behaviour in a child who can’t vocalise their frustrations. I see it at work all the time.
No doubt we’re all having our patience and parenting skills tested during this pandemic but in all honesty I don’t think it’s right to assume we’re all in the same boat. I honestly think this is a case of same storm, different boat.
I am not saying its not extremely difficult to meet his needs but she is not used to doing it all so maybe if she had of been at bit more hands on before this she wouldn't have been struggling as much as she is now, let's face it compared to some special needs parents she has had it quite easy as he seems to get a lot of extra care outside the home whereas others struggle to get any at all

Reactions: 2
I am not saying its not extremely difficult to meet his needs but she is not used to doing it all so maybe if she had of been at bit more hands on before this she wouldn't have been struggling as much as she is now, let's face it compared to some special needs parents she has had it quite easy as he seems to get a lot of extra care outside the home whereas others struggle to get any at all
Yeah I agree she could definitely do more and lockdown has prob been a shock to her system and she’s lucky Paul is so hands on. I’ve said before on here some things are probably hard for her to do given the fact Madison is a big boy now and physically it would hard for her to change him etc but I don’t see why she couldn’t do the peg feeds for example and if she spent less money on tat they could invest in a hoist that would enable her to do more. All that said it’s still definitely more difficult than caring for a typical 13 year old, poor Madison can’t do anything independently. As much as she melts my head I also get a bit annoyed when people mention the fact that they get DLA for Madison, of course they do and they’re entitled to it like any other carer of a child with complex needs. Not aiming that at you btw, a few people have mentioned it here before.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I agree she could definitely do more and lockdown has prob been a shock to her system and she’s lucky Paul is so hands on. I’ve said before on here some things are probably hard for her to do given the fact Madison is a big boy now and physically it would hard for her to change him etc but I don’t see why she couldn’t do the peg feeds for example and if she spent less money on tat they could invest in a hoist that would enable her to do more. All that said it’s still definitely more difficult than caring for a typical 13 year old, poor Madison can’t do anything independently. As much as she melts my head I also get a bit annoyed when people mention the fact that they get DLA for Madison, of course they do and they’re entitled to it like any other carer of a child with complex needs. Not aiming that at you btw, a few people have mentioned it here before.
That child is entitled to every penny of his DLA and I can only imagine how much extra has to be spent on his needs, like if an i pad broke etc as they are his lifeline but there doesn't seem to be too much wrong with the hubby and I heard that he's on top rate PIP for haemophilia although it might not be true

Reactions: 4
That child is entitled to every penny of his DLA and I can only imagine how much extra has to be spent on his needs, like if an i pad broke etc as they are his lifeline but there doesn't seem to be too much wrong with the hubby and I heard that he's on top rate PIP for haemophilia although it might not be true
Yeah Paul seems in good enough health alright 🙈

Reactions: 1
Should he be working in any capacity if he's on these benefits. Sure isn't he the lash king and carpet sofa king?

• Haha
You don’t want to know 🙈😂
LMD is Louise McDonnell and she’s a total and utter gobshite.

I think you can get disability benefit and still work? I could be wrong about that.
You can but he genuinely seems fine, he's always attending to their every need and working too so I don't see how his condition affects his life

You can but he genuinely seems fine, he's always attending to their every need and working too so I don't see how his condition affects his life
Yeah agreed. Have they mentioned him being sick or having a condition? If they have I haven’t seen it. And yeah as you say if he had a day in bed Antonia couldn’t manage on her own.

Yeah agreed. Have they mentioned him being sick or having a condition? If they have I haven’t seen it. And yeah as you say if he had a day in bed Antonia couldn’t manage on her own.
I have never heard them mention it but then again they wouldn't but I got it from a good source. The range rover is meant to be the two high rate mobility allowances put together

Paul seems more then capable of doing things. His mobility doesn’t seem to be affected in the slightest way. He’s able to carry huge items around in the garden, wash windows, cook, clean, steam carpets/floors/beds. If it’s true and he is in receipt of disability benefits I don’t see why he should be entitled to it whenever people who are genuinely in need struggle immensely for the correct award. It makes me so cross.

• Heart
I have never heard them mention it but then again they wouldn't but I got it from a good source. The range rover is meant to be the two high rate mobility allowances put together
She said that the range rover was her first car that wasnt dla

There child has a genuine issue so I don't see why people are trying to shame them about getting a dva car. I know when they asses universal credit they look at their social media so I strongly doubt they would be so open with their lives if he was doing the double

Reactions: 3
She said that the range rover was her first car that wasnt dla

There child has a genuine issue so I don't see why people are trying to shame them about getting a dva car. I know when they asses universal credit they look at their social media so I strongly doubt they would be so open with their lives if he was doing the double
No one is shaming about the child if you read the above comments, no one deserves it more than him

No one is shaming about the child if you read the above comments, no one deserves it more than him
But the mobility part does help pay for it

Am I missing something? Have all lockdown restrictions been lifted in northern Ireland? is it OK now for children from two households who both have extremely vulnerable people in them to go out in a car and sit on mattresses, furniture etc? Is it OK for workmen to be in the same room as a person with extreme underlying health conditions? Or do these rules only apply to social media influencers

Meeting other people: You may meet up to 6 people from outside your household both indoors and outdoors for social gatherings. Organised outdoor exercise

Not sure about that but it’s probably not safe but sure she has had people over etc already and been in and out of shops.
Her lockdown experience has been very different to mine and I done even have vulnerable people in my home

Her lockdown experience has been very different to mine and I done even have vulnerable people in my home
Oh same as that i also lost my dad during this thank god he did not get covid but still very hard.

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.