Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FoxyBingo

VIP Member
We bought burgers from there in the summer for a bbq, they had cheese and caramelised onion on top and they were divine, by far the best burgers we've had. Agree with what someone said above about the sarnies too, really well filled and with tasty fillings.

Reactions: 1

struggs123

Chatty Member
Their meal deals are pretty good, vegan food tends to be cheaper than most places as well. I find their stuff is nice but can be pricey if not on offer. I wouldn't be able to do a full shop but it's okay for a top up shop, usually a good range of yellow stickers too!

iLoveMeSomeCanoles

Chatty Member
Co-op is the only supermarket in my nearest small town (in south west) so have to rely on it more than I'd like to.
I like it a lot more since they put in self-serve checkouts as they never had enough staff to man the normal checkouts. However the prices are a lot more than other shops (even Sainsburys in the next-nearest town).

Positives:
- a lot of the own-brand stuff is Fair Trade, ethical etc.
- recycling bins for plastic
- they are trying to be more environmentally friendly
- the membership card allows you to take money off your shopping if you want
- own-brand crisps are excellent, interesting flavours
- fruit and veg is in my opinion nicer quality than Waitrose (but not as good as M&S)
- ready meals/pizzas/convenience foods are adequate in a pinch
- own-brand beauty and cleaning products not tested on animals
- Slush Puppie machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- the free magazine is actually pretty good and I've got several recipes from it that I make often

Negatives:
- expensive compared to other supermarkets
- not much choice in my local store
- they don't appear to stock quinoa
- staff (although at the moment they seem a better bunch than for a long time)
- at least one of the freezers always seem to be out of order

Also, I worked there during sixth form and for a year afterwards and must say it seems to have improved greatly since then.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Do you use the Co-op much anymore? They seem to be dying out from what I've seen. There's nowhere near as many as there used to be even 10 years ago. I had a phase a bit ago of using them quite a lot. Thinking I might pop in early Christmas eve as well to top up on some bits.

I find some of their fresh pizzas decent, they also do a really nice tuna mayo sandwich in white bread. The rest of it is quite meh - ready meals aren't up to much and they don't seem to be too fond of coming up with new products. That said, I do find the quality quite good and always buy more than I expected.
They have opened lots of locals in London

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I have a Co-op a couple minutes walk away. I always keep an eye out for the deals. There is a great supersaver deal at the moment, fresh salmon, potatoes and tenderstem broccoli for £3.50. If you just bought the salmon, it would cost you £4.

That sounds good.

I haven't lived near a co-op in years but from memory I used to like their olive bread and cherry pie from the bakery, and their fresh pizzas.

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Coop sandwiches are nicer than m&s and waitrose. The coronation chicken has proper big bits of chicken that actually taste like chicken.

The one near me is always much busier than the little waitrose that's opposite.

Babysnark

They have wine on 2 for £10 sometimes and the fairtrade sauvignon blanc included on it is one of my faves! Highly recommend. They also do outdoor bred bacon as standard so I feel less back about buying the "cheaper" kind when I'm skint at the end of the month and it's 2 for £4 so comparable to Tesco etc. For most things it is hideously overpriced though I do agree

chickhicks86

VIP Member
the only thing I would really use coop for now is that they have recycling bins for soft plastic, like packaging or plastic bags, at least near me they do not sure itf it is nationwide
This is why I go in to ours!

Their frozen deal for £5 always used to be good, do they still do that?

Quattro formaggi

Chatty Member
Do you use the Co-op much anymore? They seem to be dying out from what I've seen. There's nowhere near as many as there used to be even 10 years ago. I had a phase a bit ago of using them quite a lot. Thinking I might pop in early Christmas eve as well to top up on some bits.

I find some of their fresh pizzas decent, they also do a really nice tuna mayo sandwich in white bread. The rest of it is quite meh - ready meals aren't up to much and they don't seem to be too fond of coming up with new products. That said, I do find the quality quite good and always buy more than I expected.
There are loads near me (south east). I like their own brand weetabix and 99 tea bags (I was brought up on those). I think the quality has improved but still expensive for what it is.

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
There are quite a few branches, where I live in the South West. I quite like some of their products, they do some nice sandwiches. But as people have said, they can be a little expensive.

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
Their frozen food deal is usually a bargain...get like 5/6 things for a fiver and they change it regularly!
Jumpindesia I just looked at that, it's a good deal but doesn't seem to cater for vegetarians 😔

I'm grateful to the thread starter as I just checked my old co-op card from a few years back and there's £8 on it, better than nothing.

Forgot their indian prince tea is good as well.

emm

VIP Member
the only thing I would really use coop for now is that they have recycling bins for soft plastic, like packaging or plastic bags, at least near me they do not sure itf it is nationwide

Tublet83

VIP Member
I have one on my local high street, it’s expensive but so handy and all the food is good quality. If they have direct competition they just seem to close themselves down though I’ve noticed 😂

candyland_

VIP Member
Ours closed but I only went in if I really needed to. It was over the top expensive compared to Morrison’s 30 seconds walk away.