Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scvee13

The issue is I'm a District nurse so I'd either be using a public toilet or asking to use a patients which I wouldn't feel comfortable doing. Not sure I could do it in the public toilets lol

Medusah80

Chatty Member
I started this thread, thought I would update it. I am now a cloth convert! In the 3 periods, I've lowered my use of disposal pads, the last period only used 1 disposal! I had originaly brought cheap ones of eBay but today ordered some off cheeky wipes and some period knickers.

Just wanted to pop on and thank everyone for the advice.
How do use period knickers ?
I am currently using cloth pads,I love them .

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
The j you so much! I know this might sound so silly but I didn’t know if it was just me who was a front breeder 😂 I’m fairly open with things with people but it’s not something I’ve ever asked anyone else. I shall have a look on eBay - it’s good to know that the cloth pads would work. Have a large selection of disposable to work through first though, that was my apparent panic buy, I seem to have loads
Ha me too! My sister dropped my daughter's birthday present on our doorstep the other day and I left her a pack of disposables so I could shut my drawer! She was very confused! 🤣

Justhereforanosetbh

Hello all - new to this thread. I want to same a question and hope it’s not TMI but going by the subject it should be fine.

I am interested in reusable pads or period pants, whichever would be more suitable. However, I don’t know if I will be able to find anything that would work for me and I am concerned I don’t have loads of excess cash to waste.

I used to use tampons until a few years ago when I started getting a reaction to them. Basically if I used them I get swelling, I do occasionally I do get generally swelling with a period but not often these days. I have been using sanitary towels since, however, I don’t know if this is just my body being weird or due to the fact I am a very big girl (size 24) but I can’t use a sanitary towel conventionally. I can only wear long towels and I wear them ‘back to front’. I need the long tail worn to the front as this is where most my blood goes, if that makes sense? If I wear ‘Normal’ length ones (either way round) I get so much leakage.

Is there a reusable towel out there that’s extra long that I could use in the same way? Any period pants that would work? I must say period pants do look like the absorbency bit should be high enough at the front. I’m concerned as it’s not like I could wear the pants backwards 😂 thanks for taking the time to read x

Uhohno

Chatty Member
I think what the OP meant was rinsing the cup out at work would be tricky if you there are no hand basins in the actual cubicle .

For me personally that was the issue
A few videos I've seen people take a water bottle and some fem hygiene wipes :)