Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Does anyone who uses the cloth one have very heavy periods? I have fibroids and due to this I have heavy periods and heavy clots. I currently have to use night pads at day time. I had considered a moon cup but worry about how to empty it at work? Sorry if tmi
That’s me too, and I haven’t leaked once using cloth!

Reactions: 1

Princesspinky

I keep mine in a zip lock bag until I have enough to do a wash. I wash them separately, and I rub a bit of Vanish oxy clean into the stain (mine are light beige colour) and then wash them on 95 C (mine are pure cotton, the others probably need to be washed at 40 or 60 C). People say that you should immediately soak them in cold water in order to get the stains out but I don’t like the idea of having that lying around in my bathroom and I don’t mind some staining, as long as they are clean and washed. Likewise, when you are outside, just carry ziplock bag to put the used pad in if you need to change. I have a heavy period for 2 days, when I change them 2-3 times a day and then. 2-3 light days when I change the pad only once or twice.
Thank you
I think that's the main worry I'd have , them just sitting somehwere soaking , but obviously can't put the wash on for just them

Medusah80

Chatty Member
I find they sit better in your knickers if they are more fitted.
You may also need a more absorbent pad, I think they come in light, medium and heavy flow
X
[/QUOTE]

One thing I noticed is they are quite absorbent,I think I leaked because the pads moved about especially at night

Uhohno

Chatty Member
I love mine. I use about 9 per a cycle. I have all different brands, some from Facebook, some from Etsy and some from online shops. It's finding what works for you. I'm a plus size lady and love 18inch pads but if you are say size 8 they probably would be too big. I would recommend Facebook and Etsy for buying them.

Pass the popcorn

For my pads I give mine a rinse under cold water and then put them straight into a net washing bag which goes in the wash basket. I then wash with my darks wash, I always think that the water temp will kill any bacteria anyway. I only use mine as a liner really as I use a menstrual cup.

Really recommend a cup- Amazon has a lot of brands that are quite cheap. Mine was an evocup and it cost £10 something for a 2 pack! It suits me well, and I use reusable pads at the end of my period when I'm not bleeding much

I got my pads from ebay- homemade by a lady on there, 6 for £6. There are more expensive brands online which have bamboo lining, ect, but it depends on your flow. I have a heavy flow but I don't use the pads exclusively so I don't need them to hold that quantity of blood

Really glad to have found this thread- it's good to see other people are also making the change 😀

Hi ladies,I have just come off my first period using cloth pads
I don’t know what to think just yet, my period is 3 days and I leaked all 3 days not too bad but I leaked .
I think I need to buy snug fitting knickers.
I find they sit better in your knickers if they are more fitted.
You may also need a more absorbent pad, I think they come in light, medium and heavy flow
X

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Me too! Rinsing then is a bit grim I thought last month this must be what it smells like cutting a body up in the bath but I feel like I’m saving the environment, money and also getting less nappy rash (v heavy bleeder soz!)

• Haha

Uhohno

Chatty Member
The issue is I'm a District nurse so I'd either be using a public toilet or asking to use a patients which I wouldn't feel comfortable doing. Not sure I could do it in the public toilets lol
That makes complete sense! Some of the pads you can get are amazingly absorbent. Educate yourself on different types of pads and materiels used in making pads and you should be able to find the right pad for you. My go to brand and pads are from honour your flow, they are amazingly absorbent, beautiful and so well made. But I know a few that hate them due to shape and size. Another great seller is yurtcraft, so absorbent yet so slim but an American seller so can be pricey in shipping and tax! Crimson moon (a brilliant UK seller which does customs pads) do/did incontinence level pads which are rated highly so I'm pretty sure there will be a pad out there for you. It's just finding it, search YouTube, Facebook groups and search Etsy for sellers as there is so many different ones which are all good buy some, give them a go. If you don't like them, sell them on and get more.

Uhohno

Chatty Member
Does anyone who uses the cloth one have very heavy periods? I have fibroids and due to this I have heavy periods and heavy clots. I currently have to use night pads at day time. I had considered a moon cup but worry about how to empty it at work? Sorry if tmi
Cups are very easy to change apparently. Maybe look at some YouTube videos. I personally cant use cups or any internal products so I'm not much help there!

Louisej3

VIP Member
I have allergies to normal pads tried all different brands and non scented ones still have a reaction anyone know where i can decent cloth ones from

Mooncalf

VIP Member
Do you find they move about? Has anyone used bloom and nora (tots bots)
I didn't find that they moved around at all really, with tight underwear (not cutting off circulation tight, I'd say just underwear in your exact size should work) and with the poppers on the bottom holding it there, they stayed in place really well.

Justhereforanosetbh

I'm a "front" bleeder too so tend to pull the cloth pads further forward in my knickers, I did get some off eBay that were larger one end so I wear them backwards too!

I've had ordered the knickers but not worn them yet but the lining looks like it will be perfect for me.

I ordered some cheap ones of eBay to see how I got on before buying more expensive ones, I know everyone's abit wary at the moment but I got the larger ones from China, think it was £6 for 5.
The j you so much! I know this might sound so silly but I didn’t know if it was just me who was a front breeder 😂 I’m fairly open with things with people but it’s not something I’ve ever asked anyone else. I shall have a look on eBay - it’s good to know that the cloth pads would work. Have a large selection of disposable to work through first though, that was my apparent panic buy, I seem to have loads

Scvee13

Sabbie

VIP Member
I would totally use the flower side up judging by where the poppers are, but maybe that's just me? 🤷‍♀️

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
Ebay and Amazon are good for cheap ones to test out, Etsy has loads and cheeky wipes have some good deals at the moment