Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'm glad this exists to know I'm not completely alone! Her older videos make her seem like a really nice girl but the constant pretending not to know how to do anything is odd.

She also mentioned in one of her previous videos where she swapped meals with Konstantin for a day that she was really good at chopping garlic and onions because she'd helped her mum out on the kitchen, so that plus the fact that she is like 26 and only just left home means she definitely knows how to cook? So I don't know why she fakes not knowing whats going in the kitchen?

Reactions: 10

Emzykins

VIP Member
I always thought Taz was gay! I like her but I struggle to believe she spends her days sleeping until 2pm, as we’ve said she’s a very intelligent girl and I can’t help but feel like it’s all one huge charade that her younger audience can relate to

emm

VIP Member
We have to keep reminding ourselves that she's a 27 year old woman who has a law degree, why on earth does she pretend she knows nothing?
Yeh if I had to guess her age (based on behaviour) I’d say 14 tbh

• Haha

lipscrub

I’m just shocked to read that she is 26?!!! I would’ve said she was 18-20??!!

oshare

VIP Member
Taz: "I'm getting my life together after getting burnt out."
Also Taz: "Here's another mess of a video full of performative immaturity and staged "spontaneous moments", prominently sponsored by a product I never use."

Taz learns to cook and meal plan again, after all those other times she learned to cook and meal plan for the first time. Taz buys a plant, because she's adulting! She's going to have a healthy sleep pattern and get more rest, like those other times she was going to fix her sleep pattern and get more rest.

It's funny that she seems to blame her burnout on just working too hard, when her videos are a low effort assembly line of recycled videos and lucrative sponsorships shoehorned into every single one and her book was a half-assed collection of existing poems.

So expect 52 new "i survived on £1 a day" and "i woke up at 5am AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED..." videos in 2022.
I said this in Grackel's thread, too. But these women are not burned out. You are incapable of doing anything when you have a real burn out. They are just tired and bored of their life and have no motivation, that's something completely different. Because lazy influencers have over- and mis-used the word so much it has lost it's real meaning.

• Heart

oshare

VIP Member
How can you get tired from literally doing NOTHING all day? I always enjoy watching Hannah from Smokeyglow and she always says YT is literally one of the easiest jobs in the world and a very privileged one because you can do whatever you want and get paid a fuck ton. I always appreciate her honesty and gives a good insight into what world they bubble in. You can tell they have never had a real life and they have never had to hold down a job. They are lacking.

Tbh i think someone mentioned it here before or i read it somewhere but when you are depressed throughout your entire teenage years you are miserable and miss out on a lot of things. So when people who are depressed grow up a bit (mid 20’s) they tend to act younger then they are to make up for the lack of things they were able to do at that age due to their mental health issues.
I had a friend who went through this too and now she’s in her mid 20’s and still acts a bit younger and that’s due to her “making up for lost time when she was too sad to be a teen”. I hope that makes sense and comes across as what i intended for it to be lol

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I haven't watched Taz for like 2 years. I didn't know she was 28. Why does she act like that?? I'm younger than her and don't act so ditsy
She thinks the whole "my life's a hot mess and I can't cope with adulting" act makes her relatable to a Millennial & Gen Z audience. In reality, it just makes her life seem like an incredibly fake and childish sitcom, complete with recycled ideas, painfully dumb slapstick comedy, glaring plot holes and zero character development.

DietGossip

VIP Member
i do not understand her latest video where she lives on 1.5 pound. how was that taking nutrition into consideration? the last day she had 2 very very sad meals, that is not normal. i can eat from 1 pound a week too if i don't eat. i don't understand how she thinks this is normal behavior.
Didn't we also agree that these challenges don't actually do anything but create entertainment from people like Taz who clearly have enough money to be comfortable out of the lives that actual people have to lead?

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I had to unsubscribe to her after her millionth sponsored video where the sponsorship is not prominently displayed in the title or description. The google phone one was the worst one. Isn't it illegal to not put it's an ad in the title or have it clearly written for the audience to see?
It is illegal, and even before it was, it was super shady. But she's done it before, and I'm sure she's posted sponsored content without declaring it anywhere before. It's what started to put me off her videos.

I seem to recall watching one of her "I flew to somewhere random for super cheap" videos (I think it was the £3.99 flight one) and the whole thing felt suspiciously like one giant, undeclared Ryanair ad, complete with nice clear shots of the Ryanair logo at every possible opportunity and lots of what felt like corporate scripted sales info for Ryanair being rattled off. Put me off her massively.

Reactions: 9
Not keen on her anymore. She tries to come across so quirky and “random” and it grates on me. Her new video of her attempting a Shepard’s pie and burning it annoyed me. Isn’t she like 26? Why is she trying to act like not being able to cook is cute?
I liked Taz maybe a year and a half ago but I feel as though her videos now are very repetitive. I'd also love for her to do some videos about her culture maybe? She often says she grew up eating a lot of spicy food but never goes into her culture at all... I wonder why?

emm

VIP Member
As a woman close in age to taz, can confirm 0 of my friends have had babies and only 1 of them I engaged, more women are opting to not have them or delay them as they end up learning less than their male counter parts as they have to take a career break when you’re on maternity leave, she may not even want a boyfriend, lots of people these days don’t feel the need to place value on a romantic relationship either
100% agree, I think criticism of her shit content is fine, that of her not having a fiancé/children is not

queequeg19

I had to unsubscribe to her after her millionth sponsored video where the sponsorship is not prominently displayed in the title or description. The google phone one was the worst one. Isn't it illegal to not put it's an ad in the title or have it clearly written for the audience to see?

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Seems like she's back after 4 months.. now I know she doesn't need to apologise for disappearing but atleast some kind of explanation? she has such a big fan base and thats the least she could do!

It probably was for mental health reasons and judging from her new video it looks like she lost tons of weight, I hope she is in a better place now atleast
She's been active on TikTok, which has caused all her fans to be like "Umm, what the fuck?" considering she bailed on YouTube and Insta without an explanation.

She posted a jokey TikTok meme video alluding to her being "overworked" and "burnt out" (from what, exactly, I'm unsure, since she's just been recycling the same three videos for years), but she also claims to be a perfectionist in it (despite all her creative output proving the opposite) so I have to assume she's joking. At least I hope she is, because she clearly hasn't read the room if she's claiming once again that she's burnt out from getting paid to churn out the same crappy video several times a month while doing nothing else but laze about and jet off on holidays while most people struggle to pay their bills in a cost of living crisis.

If you're a public figure constantly asking viewers and fans to financially support you by sitting through all your crappy, low-effort sponsored ad videos and buy all your poor quality merch, then even just a broad explanation is owed on your main channel when you vanish and return without a word. Even just a heads-up to say "I'll be taking an indefinite break to focus on my mental health". Instead she's very much been fanning the flames of mystery by continuing to give people an opportunity to comment but refusing to respond to all the messages of concern because she likes the attention of people constantly asking "Where is Taz? We want Taz back!" and the inevitable "Our queen is back!" posts she'll get to boost her ego on her return.

Considering she came back with yet another "I ate only [insert food here] for [insert time here] and THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED" video that she's already made several times before...she should've quit entirely. She certainly hasn't uncovered any imagination or creativity while she was away.

And considering she looks scarily thin and on the verge of collapse, I don't think continuing to making tone-deaf, exploitative food videos the continued focus of her channel is a wise plan. Hopefully she's getting some therapy and help with her diet off-screen because she's not looking good.

• Heart

blindandb0ujee

Chatty Member
Can’t stand her. I don’t know what it is but she just tries too hard and it shows...
Not very authentic

Sabbie

VIP Member
Simon Wilson is the same. Basically steals from companies and lies and cheats. Total chav.

I don’t know if you also watch/follow the grackle thread here but they are both the same. Both seem to be actually getting less mature, they need jobs outside of youtube IMO
I watched a few of videos after she’d been one in one of Taz’s but same again, just couldn’t carry on watching 😂
I just feel like I’m watching a pair of 16 year olds!

• Heart

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
I get really annoyed with the food videos too. If it’s clear you’ve got a hyper picky, sensitive palate, then why keep making food videos of you grimacing at things most people eat regularly? She just did a Waitrose food video where she bought the most expensive item for BLD and snacks, then proceeded to either gag/grimace/actually throw up after most of them. Idk why you’d get granola you hate or dairy milk, for example, when you can just get some other breakfast item like bougie pastries or plant milk that I’m sure can be just as pricey? Also why tf would you get an £8 fish pie when you’ve said time and again you hate dairy and unfamiliar textures? Surely you could get another pricey ready meal? If it’s in an open spirit of trying new things, I’d get it, but she almost seems to enjoy playing this fussy but “cheap things only” persona so has already geared herself up to hate everything new... it’s just massively annoying especially at a time like now when most people can’t afford to be picky and quirky with their plates.
It really annoyed me that video as she wasted so much stuff! And when she didn't realise the whole milk just has cream on top, idk I just feel like spreading her ignorange like that to her audience will make them think it's okay to waste food

I'd like the cooking videos if she actually acted like an adult in them. Trying new things is good! Pulling your face and saying "this looks disgusting" is really not (especially when she does the foods from around the world videos? How disrespectful to call another culture's food disgusting because it doesn't look appetising because you bought it through a massively westernised ubereats delivery instead of attempting to make it yourself)
I remember in that banana bread video where she set the oven to the max temperature because in the recipe it was in F rather than celcius. I just feel like if she put a bit more effort in her cooking videos would be more enjoyable than infuriating