Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I’m over her. I watched her new video this morning and realised I can’t watch her any more. She has no clue.
I’m a mental health nurse, I’ve worked all through covid, I’m tired, unmotivated, sick of my job. I’d love to take a month or two off work to rest and fix my burn out. But life isn’t like that in the real world. We have to work, push ourselves through the hard crap. She’s so tone deaf and not at all relatable any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
I’ve just come across this girl and she grinds on me so much. She comes across like she’s clever and well educated but she can’t string a sentence together that actually makes sense. Like the way she speaks pisses me off so much. Is English her first language because I really hope not she can’t be that thick
It's all an act, she's trying to be younger than her age (28?) To appeal to a younger, anxiety ridden teen auidence. She actually has a law degree from Cardiff (I believe) and is pretty smart! Smart enough not to want to work long, hard hours as a lawyer, when she can take home six figures (I'm guessing) putting out a weekly video of failing to cook a meal or assemble a flat pack piece of furniture. Check out her poetry if you want to see her articulate side, or her merch if you want to see her savvy business mode! She's a shark in Nemo's clothing.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
I keep seeing videos titled 24hrs on £1 or whatever thinking youtube is pushing her older videos but they’re new ... when is she gonna let that go 😅
She's just applying her "It's fine, it's fine, it's fine..." mantra to all her creative endeavours.

"Recycling the same exact videos I've made dozens of times already and glossing over or lying about how many times I've done it before? It's fine, it's fine, it's fine."

"Performative poverty while making tonnes of money and giving none back? It's fine, it's fine, it's fine."

"Charging ridiculous amounts for the most laughably half-assed merch? It's fine, it's fine, it's fine."

"Tossing a bunch of old, terrible, pretentious platitudes passing as poetry together into a book and charging far too much money for it? It's fine, it's fine, it's fine."

"Not declaring ads/sponsorship deals in a bunch of videos? It's fine, it's fine, it's fine."

Taz, it's really not.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Taz: "I'm getting my life together after getting burnt out."
Also Taz: "Here's another mess of a video full of performative immaturity and staged "spontaneous moments", prominently sponsored by a product I never use."

Taz learns to cook and meal plan again, after all those other times she learned to cook and meal plan for the first time. Taz buys a plant, because she's adulting! She's going to have a healthy sleep pattern and get more rest, like those other times she was going to fix her sleep pattern and get more rest.

It's funny that she seems to blame her burnout on just working too hard, when her videos are a low effort assembly line of recycled videos and lucrative sponsorships shoehorned into every single one and her book was a half-assed collection of existing poems.

So expect 52 new "i survived on £1 a day" and "i woke up at 5am AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED..." videos in 2022.

Lola123

VIP Member
I don’t think even most women do in this day and age? Or maybe I have female friends who are out of the norm ?
As a woman close in age to taz, can confirm 0 of my friends have had babies and only 1 of them is engaged, more women are opting to not have them or delay them as they end up earning less than their male counter parts as they have to take a career break when you’re on maternity leave, she may not even want a boyfriend, lots of people these days don’t feel the need to place value on a romantic relationship either

Reactions: 12

Anton Bliss

I don't mind her videos at all. Give me her content, rather than Anastasia Kingsnorth doing constant McDonalds themed videos.

caterday28

Chatty Member
I’d rather actually go to Italy for a day! Why is it she doesn’t want to travel? She could go to some countries that are on the Green/Amber list and isolate after

EH? We are STILL in the middle of a pandemic. You can't blame people for trying to be a bit more responsible, or at the very least cautious.

DietGossip

VIP Member
she clearly under eats a lot of the time, she has even admitted to it so trying to stick to the daily guide could be beneficial for her. plus her skin was looking clearer etc.
however she showed herself making chilies before, so I think she was hamming it up a bit. next she be showing her viewers how to make toast and how she's neverrrrrrr had it before with JAM!

a deal with gym shark - things are going well for her!

the redecorating, I feel like she already half did this?? I wonder if a Desino sponsorship is on the cards??
I actually can't believe she's got a Gymshark sponsorship. She's never expressed any interest in anything fitness before this.

Nothing more to add except you guys are spot on. I agree with it all.
I haven’t been watching her videos but did watch the £10 food one out of interest to see if she might actually address the real issues going on in the world right now, or even donate at the end of the video. But nope.

I find Taz so incongruent. Oh I’m so clumsy, so burnt out, so socially awkward… but then travels alone, meets friends, goes to new places alone, and is very intelligent. It’s clear to me as others have said that it’s mostly an act/persona for her platform.

As others above said much better then me, I really disliked the whole “oh £10 for the week was easy”. Also she made a point at the beginning to discuss the issue of all the prices going up and how it’s being misrepresented and she wanted to see for herself. And then at the end was like, nope. I’m not noticing a difference at all. she did a massive disservice to the work others are doing to try and raise awareness and support other families who are struggling with the cost of living.

purple-rain

I get really annoyed with the food videos too. If it’s clear you’ve got a hyper picky, sensitive palate, then why keep making food videos of you grimacing at things most people eat regularly? She just did a Waitrose food video where she bought the most expensive item for BLD and snacks, then proceeded to either gag/grimace/actually throw up after most of them. Idk why you’d get granola you hate or dairy milk, for example, when you can just get some other breakfast item like bougie pastries or plant milk that I’m sure can be just as pricey? Also why tf would you get an £8 fish pie when you’ve said time and again you hate dairy and unfamiliar textures? Surely you could get another pricey ready meal? If it’s in an open spirit of trying new things, I’d get it, but she almost seems to enjoy playing this fussy but “cheap things only” persona so has already geared herself up to hate everything new... it’s just massively annoying especially at a time like now when most people can’t afford to be picky and quirky with their plates.

Reactions: 11

clotte

so glad i found this forum- i found tas last year from her 1 pound a day thing, and wow those videos show her in a much better light bc in everything else she complains so damn much. I completely agree with everyone saying that she acts like such an idiot and honestly sometimes i wonder if it's an act?? like when she got that mini fridge bc hers was broken- it was literally one of those skin care ones? and she was surprised at how small it is? has she never seen a bar fridge in her life? i CANNOT watch any of her food related videos either bc she acts like a little kid when she doesn't like food. like it grinds my gears so much the way her voice gets so whiny when she doesn't like a type of food, which happens with every food. I never even thought about how triggering it would be either but i saw someone mention that it makes them feel bad about enjoying food when they see her carrying on about how disgusting she finds it and honestly, thats so true?? she just doesn't need to act so dramatic. I could scream every time she gets something with dairy in it bc she always says she hates dairy products, and it's like?? why do you keep getting them? sorry this was such a long rant but you cant comment anything under her videos that's even slightly critical. also yeah fully agree that she needs to be more considerate about the way she talks about/shows her body and eating habits, because she probably has so many younger people following her, who would be so badly affected by it.

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
I’ve come across a lot of girls like this and it’s a major red flag to me. I knew a few girls like this in medical school, they’re clearly able to handle the responsibility someone’s life, but outside of work they’re absolute children.
Same. I know someone with a PhD who can barely cross the road. You can absolutely be intelligent but lack common sense.

• Haha

Swipeupyouguys

VIP Member
Yeah, the food obsession, cooking food in weird combos then pretending to eat them, but only showing herself tasting a forkfull then waxing lyrical about food waste is irritating.

She clearly skips meals, doesn't finish her food then talks about being thin.

I don't know if she is aware of how it's coming across on her videos 😯

She's also trying to appeae younger than she is, that's annoyingly af. She was great before but, is too contrived now.

Sometimes she'll mention something serious and i get hopefull, then it's back to burning things in a microwave.

XoXo_G0ssip_G1rl

I used to love watching her videos but recently she just seems so annoying, and i don't think im the only one, because i've never found any negative gossip about her until this thread.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
i genuinley cannot believe this is her full time job
It's crazy. And she's afforded the massive luxury of being able to take a couple of months off when the stress of being paid huge amounts of money to pretend to be bad at cooking and occasionally wake up before noon as a novelty gets to be too much. My heart bleeds for her. I'm glad she's finally recovering from her tragedy and piecing her life back together.

• Haha

oshare

VIP Member
oh i think she can cook, she just pretends she doesn't. when she made those potato patties you could tell she knows very basic things. the oatmeal in the microwave thing had me fuming, it's just wasting food. it frustrates me, too. She just makes herself look stupid. Those wall quotes look like a cash grab to me

misscl4

VIP Member
The video of her and Grace in a park,
they looks like students acting like school kids, I am embarrassed for them. Is this what happens when you’re too sheltered growing up?

• Haha
Reactions: 10

anastasia1989

Haven't watched any Taz videos for ages because her cute/incompetent thing drives me crazy but clicked on her recent zero waste video and it is already a mess. First of all, justifying getting a new car because her old one was diesel and this one is electric. There is honestly no reason a single, able-bodied person living in a massive city like London needs a car. Public transport is excellent. Getting a new car (or any car at all) so you feel a bit better is NOT environmentally friendly. Second, she begins her zero waste shopping by going to a big box supermarket and picking up anything that looks like it might not have plastic packaging. Zero waste is not just about packaging, but about not making unnecessary purchases that will lead to waste. Did she really need bath salts? She just bought them because they were in cardboard 🤦‍♀️. Also, the "cardboard" juice carton is literally lined with plastic?! And when have you ever bought a box of cookies like that where they were floating about loose in the box... Thirdly, she lives in London! Why was her first port-off-call not going to one of the many excellent farmers markets?! Her content is so incredibly low effort.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Another food video, is there anyone else who keeps repeating content like this?!
A lot of influencers are guilty of it, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone do it as often and as blatantly as Taz.

Her entire channel is 'I ate [insert restricted diet/variety of food here] for 24/48hrs/1 week' and 'I woke up at 5am and THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED' videos. And she usually acts like the last fourteen times she made the same video never happened.

Add in tonnes of sponsored ads (occasionally undeclared) along with lots of questionable moments that point to her recycled 'I woke up at 5am' routine being entirely fabricated (clocks blurred out, clearly acted 'just waking up' scenes) and she's just the most creatively bankrupt YouTuber I can think of.

She should challenge herself to an 'I made new, original video content for 1 year' challenge. She'd fail after a week.

• Haha

Jennifer34

Perhaps she is honest about one thing. She truly has no idea about business and clearly sucks at it. It is a miracle she even got to this level. Thank God for simps
think that’s a bit harsh to say, let’s be honest she has done extremely well for herself and probably has more money than all of us, dropping out of law to pursue a dream is such a risk and it’s paid off, kudos to her for that