Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Completely agree that the whole yummy mummy thing is incredibly toxic, and a lot of influencers are both victims and perpetuators of that culture. However, her husband is entitled to parental leave and imo we should be aiming to create a society that gives support / opportunity for self employed parents to take leave too.

Reactions: 20

Gizmo123!

VIP Member
Not wanting to sound heartless…more realistic…if people have issues with being triggered by new Instagram moms and there “alleged” perfect new lives they should just stop following people

Reactions: 16
I disagree. I have to say going through my miscarriages it helped when people in the public eye spoke up. I felt less alone
Yeah I mean I've been going fertility treatment with no success for years, it's great when people speak up but it's just annoying when they allude to some big thing but then be like but I don't want to talk about it, well shut up then. She is married one year and is what 20 weeks pregnant, she has no idea what it's like to go through this for years

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Grace1718

Chatty Member
On her stories she implied either a miscarriage or taken a long while to get there. Not being heartless and I have had miscarriage myself - but honestly most women have. It’s just one of those things especially since we having kids well into our 30s that will impact people. I think it’s becoming a bit like anxiety bandwagon for influencers - they all have a story 😐
What did she say to allude to fertility/loss? I missed that

Reactions: 14

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
I think the difference is substantial enough tbh.
What is with this trend of huns lately refusing to wear anything that’s actually maternity? Herself and Denise Kenny Byrne, absolutely wedging themselves into regular clothes but “sizing up to a 12”. They look passable in their own photos but when it’s someone else’s photo, they look absolutely ridiculous/terrible.
Since when is avoiding maternity clothes such a flex?
I agree…she looks bigger in the non filtered/staged photo. She looks a lot bigger in the group picture than her own pics where you’d be squinting to see her bump. And I’m also sick of all of her gifted weekends.

Reactions: 14
Yeah I mean I've been going fertility treatment with no success for years, it's great when people speak up but it's just annoying when they allude to some big thing but then be like but I don't want to talk about it, well shut up then. She is married one year and is what 20 weeks pregnant, she has no idea what it's like to go through this for years
I agree with you here. Years of miscarriages and IVF are a thousand miles off trying for under a year and having one loss.

Reactions: 13

Goss_Goddess

Chatty Member
If you’re not showing your kids face on social media then don’t show them at all, they want all the perks of having a child, the attention, collabs, freebies.. but won’t show the face. Just fuck off and keep them private altogether

• Heart

brandambassador

VIP Member
Today will include the following on insta ;

Tara make up eye fucking herself with a dress that cuts out the back it front that she will later add an AF link for because everyone is asking

Mark, Aimee, James & Tara post 76489 gas/mad/wild bitch selfies to show their mad bastard selves

The end

• Haha

Tiggers_news

VIP Member
Such unnecessary shite. As if you need an air purifier! And the tiny 'ad' at the end.

The unrealistic post partum portrayal really bothers me. Why be so honest about miscarriage etc. and then be so dishonest about this part. Let's face it- it's a shit show for most people. White tight jeans, clean house, full make up etc. It's just complete show.

Terry was the absolute worst for this. Like why not just sit on the couch in your pj's and enjoy your baby. Take a day off!
Sinead de Blogger has been much more realistic, photos of her bump still there. Reality of not being able to get out of the house before the afternoon. Staying in pjs, up all night as hubby on shift etc
I’d prefer that to the over curated rubbish of getting back into skinny white jeans & drinking Rosé 🤷‍♀️

OB1

It’s all so fake. I had to unfollow her… everything is now baby related … that’s very hard to see when you’re grieving for lost babies…delighted for her and I genuinely mean that, but just remember that not everyone gets to experience that joy… when it’s in your face on Instagram it’s very very triggering…it’s very very sad abd upsetting… interested in the baby and as I said delighted for her but just please don’t forget that’s it’s not all rose tinted for everyone. Also, I feel sad for any new mum who doesn’t have her incredible figure and has a different body shape. I just feel the #bekind brigade are not really all that kind or thoughtful.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

SweatyBettyT

VIP Member
I’m 3 weeks postpartum myself and I’m so triggered that she’s out in a pair of WHITE jeans. And she posted herself in white pajamas last weekend.
It’s all a bit tooooo perfect and unrealistic…but she has to keep up the facade for insta…

Ellamay87

VIP Member
She seems like a nice girl. Think she's alluding to baby loss/ miscarriage. She's not flashing her pregnancy all over the shop looking for freebies either
Dont worry she will take all the freebies and do all the baby Spon con. When the time comes she will be pushing prams around Baby Elegance on her insta stories

Very queasy

Selling her soul, shilling unnecessary expensive tat to new mothers. Babies have been born forever without air purifiers, it is not an essential.
Greedy cow.
Such unnecessary shite. As if you need an air purifier! And the tiny 'ad' at the end.

The unrealistic post partum portrayal really bothers me. Why be so honest about miscarriage etc. and then be so dishonest about this part. Let's face it- it's a shit show for most people. White tight jeans, clean house, full make up etc. It's just complete show.

Terry was the absolute worst for this. Like why not just sit on the couch in your pj's and enjoy your baby. Take a day off!

Reactions: 11